Zi-O's Ending and Series as a whole.

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by Japaneseseriesfan, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Kamen Rider IXA

Kamen Rider IXA Lurker

It's not that I want every show to be tied, it's just that seems to be Toei policy. Space Squad stuff countinue Sen/Umeko relationship up to their marriage. Some VS movies countinue storylines from previous shows. At least Sentai-wise there is an intent to tie everything together. It wasn't there since day 1, but it is here now. Otherwise why specifically mention that Kyuranger take place in a different universe multiple times across different crossovers?

There was an entire two-parter dedicated to Denzi descendants with flashbacks to Denzi Princess. Also weren't there plans to make a mini-arc with Denziman cast?

Speedor and BeaRV marriage.

I just don't understand point of trying to separate Gokaiger into their special "all teams are there" universe. It references characters and events from previous shows. MagiRed has post-series look, Jan has Long ball, Jetman tribute is canon period as far as I'm concerned, etc. We don't have any real context or evidence that previous 34 series were different in any form (aside from maybe Ban not wearing his Fire Squad uniform, which is far from conclusive evidence). While I'm here, Goseiger Returns references Legend War as well, stating specifically that it takes place a bit before that.
    You can't dismiss Zyohger vs Gokaiger thing as non-canon, because it features debut of Red's final form and it's important to the series story-wise as well (with all that backstory about ZyuLand). Similar things will happen again in the future, does that mean that any series to crossover with Gokaiger gets banished into VS universe?
    Trying to create multiple universes of the same characters just overcomplicates things (and Toei stuff do it just fine on their own).
    Countiunity errors are always going to be there with long franchises as I said.
    Classic Doctor Who had three versions of Atlantis, which were later retconned into being three different cities and don't even start with UNIT dating controversy, which in theory retcons an entire era of the show. Fans have been arguing over it for decades. These things just happen.

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Okay, where at all did the retcon UNIT's start in DW?

3. Kamen Rider IXA

Kamen Rider IXA Lurker

Pertwee stories are supposed to take place in 1980s (as part of trying to be set in near-future to justify more sci-fi plots with more advanced technology set on relatively present Earth). 1979 is supposed to be the year of The Invasion, the first Doctor Who story to feature UNIT. There are some questionable continuity decision regarding Sara Jane (mainly stating that she's from 1980, which puts about 4-5 seasons of DW taking place over a single year), but it still mostly makes sense, because Terrance Dicks was savvy enough to keep actual dates of the stories vague.
    But then you have Davison era in all its continuity-loving glory, and we have Mawdryn Undead taking place in 1983 (its broadcast year), stating that Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, staple of both UNIT stories and Pertwee years, retired from the organization in 1976 (broadcast year of the last UNIT story up to that point, The Seeds of Doom), which in-universe contradicts the estanlished UNIT timeline beyond repair. That's not going into smaller details like Sg. Benton leaving UNIT in 1979 (which contradicts a lot of things as well and doesn't make any sense either).
    Other DW writers pretty much gave up and acknowledged that there is no solution to this and dating is what it is.

My point is that these things are bound to happen, if Toei wants to bring everything together. I'd rather tolerate smaller issues like consecutive invasions rather than creating a Super Sentai 52 multiverse or some bullshit like that before we inevitably do a stupid Taisen crisis, like what Decade and Zi-O do.

4. Captain Shark

Captain Shark Member

They probably did it before the finale.
    And anyone who watched these would have known "no not really". Zyuranger took place 105 million years before the mass extinction, Abaranger had the asteroid which caused dimensional shenanigans that threw SOME dinosaurs/prehistoric animals to an Earth but wasn't directly causing the extinction itself. That belonged to the villains of the Boukenger movie, Go-Onger, and Kyoryuger which consisted of a voracious predator, a giant robot that emitted a virus that makes organisms irritable, and a handful of monsters that screw with the eco system. The Deboss forces are located in Antarctica so it is safe to assume they probably weren't anywhere near the other two who consisted of munching things and prevented any dinosaurs from working together (in Super Sentai dinosaurs have been seen with a degree of sentience). In other words they connect pretty easy if you know what to look for.

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

You know what's funny? I watched Seasons 12-16 earlier this year and I never once even thought about that aspect with the dates. I guess I just don't care about years in a show about a hobo who travels through time.

I'd rather have the multiverse, personally. I love Multiverse stories. It's the only reason I took an interest in a show years ago called Fringe. I didn't care about the show at all until they brought in an alternate reality characters for one of the seasons (I think it was the third).

Except you are flat out wrong, but sure, whatever floats your goat.

Now if you try very hard, you can connect the worlds if you truly wanted to no matter how wrong you are. There are people that seriously believe Halloween H20 is in the same timeline as Halloweens 4-6 despite the filmmakers and the movie stating against such.

6. Captain Shark

Captain Shark Member

Care to explain how I am wrong without resorting to "I said so" logic?
    They're already connected.

And since this is a Zi-O thread somebody has to post this:

7. Kamen Rider IXA

Kamen Rider IXA Lurker

Multiverse stories need to be handled with extreme care and Toei isn't know for subtlety. They couldn't even make up their minds about Rider/Sentai sharing a universe.
    Zi-O and Decade shows what a big-scalled multiverse story with Toei in charge would look like and it's a disaster (first All Riders vs Dai-Shocker wasn't canon to the show and now Zi-O summer movie as well apperently. Glad to see that production team haven't learned anything in 10 years). Those people can not handle JUST a simple crossover set in one universe.
    It's bad enough that they've started dragging Sentai into Taisens. If they go full multiverse for SS as well, it would be an even bigger clusterfuck with dozens of pointless and irrelevant movies/specials that Shirakura would later claim weren't canon in the first place.