Which series as a whole is more BLOODY Super Sentai or Kamen Rider?

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by Kinasin, Nov 22, 2011.

1. The_Next!!!

The_Next!!! Member

Ultraman Leo!

2. Kinasin

Kinasin Member

:buttrock:Ultraman has some killer fights.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Jin from DaiRanger, so Sentai wins.

4. Minami Kotaro

Minami Kotaro Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo5r-K5f-qw&feature=related"]jigoku no zubat - YouTube[/ame]

Blood you say?

5. Darkster

Darkster It's over 8,000!

It has a flimsy story and it has a much different style than traditional transforming tokusatsu heroes so not many like it. From what I see, people dislike it more for the style than the actual story.

Yes. It mostly is wrestling and the beam is the finisher, so there is not much blood.

6. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Skreeong!

Yes The Showa era was all candy and sunshine...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbbAYuLMM-0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbbAYuLMM-0&feature=related[/ame]
    and puppies.:anime:

7. Daikamonohashi

Daikamonohashi Member

Home Page:
    Yeah, the 1970s Ultra series stuff was pretty spectacularly violent. :laugh:

8. Kinasin

Kinasin Member

I just watched Shin Kamen Rider and I liked it a lot.

9. ReD-X

ReD-X Member

yer I was going to say Kamen Rider shin but its already been mentioned (man whats with the hate for shin, I cant be his only fan!? lol)

also if I remember right there are few instances of blood in Kamen Rider The First and Next, I seem to recall blood dripping from a helmet and what looked like spine being broken o_O but I cant remember them all to well

10. Kinasin

Kinasin Member

Sounds pretty beast.

11. NateRiver

NateRiver Welcome

The Next has some scary shit.

12. Darkster

Darkster It's over 8,000!

Don't tell me those were the puppies.

Some of the eariler stuff is like that, but overall, it's lowered to wrestling and exploding monsters. Ultraman doesn't sustain injuries like those.

Scissors Jaguar?

13. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Skreeong!

no, but I think Doragoris ate a couple of puppies before hand.:sweat:

that is such a terrible way of saying it though, it's like saying Rider/Sentai is nothing but a toy commercial that so happens to have a monster in it.

yes they do,

UltraSeven's leg was mangled, not broken, MANGLED.
    Ace and Mebius were both run through by their enemies.
    Zoffy was burned, stabbed (technically pecked), and poisoned in the same episode.
    Ultraman was killed in the line of duty.
    just of the top of my head.:anime:

14. Daikamonohashi

Daikamonohashi Member

Home Page:
    I think the scariest part was how shitty the film was! :anime:

15. MattComix

MattComix Super Moderator

This.

16. ryuuseipro

ryuuseipro New Member

Home Page:
    To be fair, it was. The story was extremely talky and slow-paced in the first half. But, the action sequences are pretty good, a lot more realistic than the more over-the-top stuff we're used to. Plus, we get some Heisei-era Godzilla veterans in the film, including Masanobu Takashima (Tadao's son/Masahiro's younger brother) and Daijirou Harada (Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla '93)! (And the film was scored by musician/actor Ryuudou Uzaki, who played the hero in GMK!) Ishinomori himself made a cameo as a scientist early in the film. Oh, and there's one scene of nudity (Shin and his girlfriend Ai swimming nude in a swimming pool and lying together romantically).

For the first Heisei Rider production, the movie was essentially The Fly Vs. the Terminator. (Terminator 2: Judgement Day was a huuuuuuge thing in Japan back in the day. There was no escaping it!) When I first saw a picture of Shin on an ad for the film on the back of a Japanese magazine, I originally thought he was going to be like the Guyver (which the design reminds me of!), but we get something more like the Hulk. Not a bad thing, though. It's sort of an extension of the concept for Amazon. This concept was what Ishinomori was playing around with for years. (And yet it still has to be called a Masked Rider! Gotta' keep that brand name, even though Shin doesn't wear a mask! :) )

If you lower your expectations, I kind of recommend it.

17. Araki

Araki always henshining'

true that :laugh:

18. ClimaxHeroDen-O

ClimaxHeroDen-O Ore, Sanjou!

as was said earlier, Kamen Rider Amazon was a very bloody and gory series, with the caviat that by today's standards, the blood effects look very cheesy and fake.

OTOH, as Amazon is the shortest of any rider series, and it's likely that the level of violence was the cause of it only having 24 episodes

19. Igadevil

Igadevil Mr. Kamen Rider

Home Page:
    That's your opinion. I think the blood effects in Amazon look great, particularly those on Amazon himself. We're dealing with giant mutant animals here, I don't think realism really matters.

It wasn't. Part of it was that Amazon got leftover production blocks from X, part of it was network shenanigans with MBS doing some kind of reorganizing and not promoting the show properly. I forget the specifics, but it wasn't the violence. There's Tokusatsu from the same time and later that's arguably more violent.

20. Kinasin

Kinasin Member

Example? :169: