unKameCast ----> PEZ's Sweet Nothings

Discussion in 'The JustiCast Podcasting Network' started by tigerblood, May 11, 2012.

1. tigerblood

tigerblood I am KamenRiderPEZ

unKamenCast RX! 017 Change, NOW!

Subject: Kamen Rider Wizard episode(s) 40 I Want to Ride a Bicycle and 41 A Fate of Wizardry which aired June 23, and June 30, 2013 Both Written by: Junko Komura

Mayu has returned and with her she brings some change. White Wizard finally steps into the fray and confuses us by doing some unexpected things. What are his true colors? What is Wiseman up to? Sora says he has it figured out, but what could it be?

Listener Question to answer on episode 019: Would you choose to become a Wizard alongside Haruto and Ntio?

Subscribe.

Enjoy!

2. tigerblood

Special unKamenCast RX! 01 Spec-Ops vs. Bestial Battery Go-Busters: The commentary!

Get ready for an extra special dose of the cure for the common Rider show, as Grimmhelm and Pez do a first viewing audio commentary on the Go-Busters Returns V-cinema. Join them as they laugh, cry and are generally confused over the events of this better-than-unofficial parody.

Here is Grimmhelm’s site for now, even though you can listen to and view his content here on Sentai Rangers!

Subscribe

Enjoy!

3. tigerblood

Special unKamenCast RX! 02 Red Panda

We regretfully must delay another standard dose of the Cure for the common Rider Show, sorry RXheads. But fear not, you’ll still get an earful of Justice as Grimmhelm and Pez discuss the excellent works of Gregg Taylor. We contrast Kamen Rider Double with the (actually) hard-boiled Black Jack Justice and honestly geek out over the amazing Red Panda Adventures. We draw unwarranted comparisons to Ishinomori’s Kamen Rider manga and go into heavy spoilers on each show we discuss.

Subscribe

Enjoy!

4. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 018 For Love?

Subject: Wizard episodes 42 The Ringed Novelist and 43 The White Wizard’s Secret which aired July 07, and July 14, 2013 Both Written by: Tsuyoshi Kida

Wow. The times they are a changing for Wizard. If you’ve listened to this show for long, you know that Wizard has disappointed the unKamenCrew for very good reasons. The return of Mayu as Mage and the revelation that White Wizard doesn’t have the purest intentions, or at least the ends justify the means to him, along with the fact that Wizard will have 51 episodes and air until September 22, it seems that the people who work on the show are trying to give it a great ending. Join us as we discuss the latest arc and the further changes it brings.

Subscribe

Enjoy!

5. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 019 Parents

Subject: Wizard episodes 44 Momento of My Son and 45 A Smile in Your Heart which aired July 21 and 28, 2013 Both written by Junko Komura

Kamen Rider Wizard makes a triumphal return to being an interesting show and follows it up with another good arc. Koyomi is in trouble, Medusa is asking questions, Mayu is getting ambitious, Sora feels certain he has his endgame figured out, Haruto is getting more background thanks to his teacher and Nitou is getting motivation given and taken from him, A lot is happening and it is shaping up to be interesting.

Mewzard and Pez also discuss Gaim with plenty of facts, opinions and speculation.

Subscribe
    Tumblr

Enjoy!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  6. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 020 Seeing W/The Four-in-One Review Part 4

Subject: Kamen Rider W 39-49 and The Gaia Memories of Fate A-Z

What did Grimmhelm, IllusClaire, Mewzard and Pez think of all this? Listen in as we count up W’s sins for the penultimate time. It is going to be interesting to have feedback from fans of the show on this one.

Tweet answers to @unkamenRX or send an email unkamencastrx@gmail.com

Check out: Claire’s blog and Tumblr! Also specifically, her viewing notes.

Pez’s viewing notes.

Check out our brand new unKamenRX Tumblr where you can find some extra audio content as well as some cool pictures and blurbs, which includes a resurrection of the SweetNothings in picture form!

Subscribe.

Enjoy!

7. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 021 Seeing W/The Four-in-One Review RETURNS!

Just when you thought you were safe from hearing about Kamen Rider Double, the unKamenCrew grits their teeth once more to face down the cold dark specter of Shotaro Hidari as he… oh wait. Nevermind. Welcome back to a fun and more lighthearted episode where we discuss the Universe of Kamen Rider Double as seen from a Pterodactyls-eye view, from the mean streets of Fuuto and in the account of fallen heroes. Are you ready to ride with the peanut gallery?

Tweet @unkamenRX or send an email unkamencastrx@gmail.com

Check out: Claire’s blog and Tumblr!

Claire pointed us to some information on crimes against Transgender people; it doesn’t correlate 100% with a statement made in the show but sheds some interesting light on the problem.

unKamenRX Tumblr where you can find some extra audio content as well as some cool pictures and blurbs, which includes a resurrection of the SweetNothings in picture form!

Subscribe

Enjoy!

8. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 022 Twist

Subject: Wizard episodes 46 Cracked Memories and 47 Wiseman’s Revelation’s which aired July August 3 and 10, 2013 Both written by Junko Komura

Haruto is stating to trust Fueki. Mayu and Haruto become closer by confiding in one another. Koyomi tries to stand on her own to not be a burden to her friends which puts Gremlin and Wiseman at odds when he is forced to protect his daughter from the Phantom with a human heart. Medusa gives her all against Mayu who has gained new power from White Wizard after giving him Haruto’s Infinity ring. Medusa meets her end and the final Wizard Fueki needs has been born.

Oh boy.

Subscribe.

Enjoy!

9. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 023 GET IT ON!!

Subject: Birth of the 10th Kamen Rider!! Kamen Rider ZX!

Grimmhelm and Pez discussed in short this movie about a year before this proper commentary. They were lacking so much and Pez loves ZX so greatly that the unKamenCrew decided it was time to give this fun bit of Rider the proper treatment it deserves, it demands. So get ready, this is going to be a ride!

We use the special 60 minute version that Tod @GomessQ obtained after making some sort of deal with Ferbus in order to… well it is complicated, so more on that later. Thanks to Tod for making this possible. You can watch the awesome 60 minute version; watch 45 minute version and either enjoy our 15 minutes of amazement at the Kamen Rider re-cap or just skim ahead to 17minutes 25seconds.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/sentai-rangers-unkamencast/id642129853?mt=2

Enjoy!

10. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 023 The Pre-Gaim Show

Subject: Kamen Rider Gaim

In this episode we touch on the end of Wizard and the possibilities it holds as well as discuss Gaim’s involvement in the Special 52nd and 53rd episodes marking Kamen Rider Wizard as the longest Hesei series. Join us as we do some conjecture on the beginning of Gaim.

Tumblr.

Subscribe.

Enjoy!

11. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 025 Splitting Shin

Subject: Shin Kamen Rider

Ladies and Gentleman the unKamenCrew welcomes you to join Claire and Tod for the first in a series of commentaries covering the holy trinity of Rider movies with (Grimmhlem is absent in this episode) Mewzard and Pez. There are misconceptions about these films and Shin seems to be a bit of a joke to some, but what we discover in watching and contextualizing this particular entry colors in the broad strokes of quips and the low hanging fruit of humor with an intellectual hue seldom seen in Rider and certainly not in recent entries. This is a serious look at Ishinomori's classic character, Shin eschews pomp, iconic heroism and many trappings of the series' 40 years... but there may not be a truer Kamen Rider.

Tumblr.

Subscribe.

Enjoy!

12. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 026 That ZO Rider

Subject: Kamen Rider ZO

Join Claire, Tod, Grimmhlem, Mewzard and Pez for the second in a series of commentaries covering the holy trinity of Rider movies. ZO carries less narrative weight than Shin but is a thematic delight from composition to editing this is a film that knows exactly what it is doing. One sequence may seem like a foreign object, but overall this is a tight piece of Rider fiction that we recommend to any fan.

This movie has a great manga too!

Tumblr.

Subscribe.

Enjoy!

13. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 027 Something About J

Subject: Kamen Rider J

Join Claire, Tod, Grimmhlem, Mewzard and Pez for the third and final Kamentary covering the holy trinity of Rider movies. J is full of spectacle and moves a breakneck speed. J is by far the lightest of the three on story but the action and scope of the laser-focused conflict between the revived nature-loving Rider and the sinister forces of technological nihilism more than make up for any lack of depth in the script. Ishinomori's final Rider work is strong and evokes ethos laid out in the fantastic Kamen Rider manga.

Tumblr.

Subscribe

Enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  14. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 028 Wizard Endgame

Subject: Wizard episodes 48-51 which aired July August 18 and September 1, 8 and 15, 2013 All written by Tsuyoshi Kida

Haruto and Fueki fight to save Koyomi. Mayu doesn’t fight and then does. Nitou and Chimera give it their all. Once sleeping Mages awaken to the truth of their reality and decide how they’ll deal with the changes foisted upon them. Fueki and Koyomi die. Gremlin and Haruto fight for their Hopes and Koyomi is saved. In the end everyone moves on, as one might expect, but how did we like it? Listen in as we lay the ground to give Wizard the Final Judgement!

Subscribe

Tumblr

Enjoy!

15. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 029 Ultimatum Kamentary

Subject: Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: Wizard x Fourze Movie War Ultimatum

You thought you were done with Wizard -heck- you thought you were done with Fourze, but the ride never ends! Whether you feel sick of all this wire-fu or not, it's come back to hit you in the face and sucker punch you in the gut with some crazy CGI of varying degrees. Grimmhelm, Mewzard and Pez challenge you to listen to this commentary or don't! How's that for an ultimatum?

Subscribe

Check out some extra content on the Tumblr

Enjoy!

16. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 030 The Final Hope… Or Something

Subject: Kamen Rider Wizard 39-51 + The Wizard X Decade Special 52 and53

The unKamenCrew invites you to join us as we finally (not really though, because of that Magic Land movie we’ll get in a few months) cover the last Quarter of Kamen Rider Wizard. We’ve stuck through this show unto the bitter-sweet end! We share a lot of opinions, especially on Sora/Gremlin, but there is much to discuss and we get into it all including ideas for a Wizard Returns movie or two!

Tumblr

Subscribe

Enjoy!

17. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 031 Second Opinion: Ultimatum

Subject: Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: Wizard x Fourze Movie War Ultimatum (DIRECTOR’S CUT)

Grimmhelm, IllusClaire, GomessQ and Pez invite you to put on your thinking caps and join is in an even handed analysis and discussion of the film, the sub-genre of Rider Movie Wars, Gender-bias and Koichi Sakamoto’s place in the franchise. After the dust settled from the Kamentary, we decided that more needed to be said about Ultimatum and a surprisingly long conversation came out of what we assumed would be a short dress down of something we might suggest should be skipped all together.

Subscribe

Enjoy!

18. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 032 A Fresh Start

Subject: Kamen Rider Gaim 1 Transform! An Orange From the Sky?!

GomessQ, Grimmhelm, IllusClaire, Mewzard and Pez dive into the fruity freshness that is, Gaim. Zawame City sets the stage for quite an interesting story to unfold! We all share positive words and feelings for this solid first episode: there is great world building, a thriving citizenry, a colorful cast of characters and a charming Rider who harkens back to Godai Yuusuke and aspires to be an adult. This is an interestingly different start from recent Riders and that makes us want to dance!

Subscribe

Enjoy!

19. tigerblood

unKamenCast RX! 033 The Setup

Subject: Kamen Rider Gaim 2 Deathblow! Pineapple Kick! & Urobuchi’s Trap

GomessQ, Grimmhelm, IllusClaire, Mewzard and Pez discuss how Peter Parker Kouta Kazuraba is, how sidelined Mai may become and how honorable Kaito actually is. We also delve into a discussion of Urobuchi’s trap which got really interesting, but we lost some audio and can’t quite remember if the edict to not talk about the trap as a legitimate thing anymore is still in there. Never the less, it’s a good discussion of the sweet and the sour of Urobuchi’s second entry into the world

Subscribe

Enjoy!

20. tigerblood

Lionmaru G- Part 1

Subject: Lionmaru G

Hosts: GomessQ, IllusClaire, Pez

On this special episode of unKamenCast-RX Lion Maru-G leads us to discuss Politics, Religion, Original Sin, Sex and a bunch of other super serious topics. This is more than just a silly show about a guy who turns into a lion, set to a backdrop of the underbelly of Neo-Kabukicho. This is a much less linear discussion and it is mostly spoiler free, we discuss the whats but not really the whos or hows. If you've heard of this show but have been reticent to check it out we can firmly suggest you watch it if you like Tokusatsu at all and like good and interesting storytelling.

Subscribe for iTunes

Feed RSS For your podcatcher of choice!

Enjoy!