Ultraman 2016: Begins in July

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Aoi Kurenai, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

2. PalleteRider

PalleteRider New Member

3. PalleteRider

PalleteRider New Member

There is a scan I saw a few seconds ago regarding Orb's original form, named Primitive Form. And he has a special weapon, the same one he used in the first fight of episode 1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: Here they are. Found this floating in Tumblr but no higher resolution.

Source: http://captainserizawa.tumblr.com/post/147290067526

That form is called Orb's Primitive Form and that weapon is the same one he used during the fight with Maga Zetton.

4. PalleteRider

PalleteRider New Member

I just noticed that for him to transform into his Primitive Form, he will use the Orb Calibur (the sword) and the Orb Ring together, by inserting the blade through the ring....

5. RiderKing

RiderKing New Member

Actually, from what I've heard, Orb's original form is known as Orb Origin instead of Primitive Form.

6. PalleteRider

PalleteRider New Member

Ah, that has a better ring to it xD

7. DaikaijuSokogeki!

DaikaijuSokogeki! New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...e-action-series-gets-film-on-march-11/.109134

The Orb movie has been officially announced. Called Ultraman Orb The Movie: I'm Borrowing the Power of Bonds!, Orb will face a new enemy called Muranau who is using a Dark Ring to reshape the Earth in her image. To defeat her, Orb must unite the powers of Ultraman Ginga, Ultraman Victory, and Ultraman X.

Ultraman Zero and Ultraseven (with Kohji Moritsugu reprising his role as Dan Moroboshi) will also appear to give Orb a hand. Kensuke Takahashi is also reprising his role as Daichi Ozora/Ultraman X. No word on Ginga or Victory's actors yet.

Kiyotaka Taguchi is once again directing with a script by Takao Nakano.

In the video, Hideo Ishiguro (Gai Kurenai) also seems to briefly mention the upcoming Amazon Prime spin-off, but it does not sound like he went into much detail.

8. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

'Ultraman Orb: The Origin Saga' begins airing weekly on Amazon Prime Video from 26th December. There will be a dozen episodes in total, exploring Gai and Juggler's past together that the main Orb series often alludes to. Although there are reports that Tsuburaya is planning to make both English and German language subtitles, there is as yet no indication from Amazon that the show will be released to subscribers outside of Japan.

The Orb movie will come out on March 11th 2017.

9. Jacky392000

Jacky392000 Open Your Amazons!

so pumped for those two! hopefully we'll have access to the spinoff series. plot sounds so intriguing! I'm not quite keen on his red origin form though.

10. Jacky392000

Jacky392000 Open Your Amazons!

so pumped for those two! hopefully we'll have access to the spinoff series. plot sounds so intriguing! I'm not quite keen on his red origin form though.

11. kpa69

kpa69 Lurker

12. kpa69

kpa69 Lurker

13. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Orb's head director Kiyotaka Taguchi has revealed that him and writer Takao Nakano had a ten part plan for Ultraman Orb. Orb Origins is part one, the main series is part six and the movie is part seven. He didn't reveal whether Tsuburaya has plans to continue with the other parts of their vision.

14. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[​IMG]
    Orb is back...kinda. Tsuburaya has just announced that 'Ultraman Orb The Chronicle' will begin airing on January 6th 2018. The description says that it "re-tells the story of Ultraman Orb through protagonist Kurenai Gai". So basically another recap show then. I guess it gives the editing team something to do between Geed's movie and whatever comes next for the franchise.

Story, as always, by The Tokusatsu Network.