The S.H. Figuarts Thread: Justi-5's the Figure

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by scikaiju, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GekiDan

GekiDan ジェイ・イー・フュージョン

Home Page:
    That's for D-Arts.

2. henshination

henshination Lurker

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  3. Mou...Mou...TAUROS!

Mou...Mou...TAUROS! I'm A Djinn

Cosmic looks great. I cant wait to see the paint job they did for that blue in person.

I cant believe they wasted a module Figuarts on Medical. WHY?

With the series ending, I wonder how many more module series we'd see if any.

4. amazing_syd

amazing_syd Member

speaking of Fourze, i had my first SHF casualty the other night. I was setting up fourze basestates for some photos and while i was posing him for some shots, his left hip peg tore off. I noticed that the joint was really tight since i've had him, but never thought that that would happen.

i'm not sure if i should try to contact bluefin for a replacement, or just order another one from amiami...?

I didn't order from bluefin, but its technically one of their products and it was defective. i dunno, anybody got any ideas?

R.I.P. Fourze (this is the last picture i took before he met his untimely demise)

[​IMG]

5. Mou...Mou...TAUROS!

Mou...Mou...TAUROS! I'm A Djinn

Did you mean because the box had a Bluefin sticker on it?

You could try. Maybe they'd be accommodating.

Sorry about your figure. I hope things work out for the best.

6. deeznuts1234

deeznuts1234 dude nerdisms thats what you are

will be getting.

7. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

What's that box thing that looks like a tool chest?

8. tom servo

tom servo Member

I believe that's Medical. Notice the heart monitor?

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

How did his peg tear off? Do you have a picture of it? That makes me wonder if I really want to collect this line outside of Black.

10. amazing_syd

amazing_syd Member

The ball joint that plugs into the thigh was really tight... and after constant pressure of the joint being twisted while being moved, it eventually tore off from the stress. i've read that some people have popped the leg out and shaved the joint down a little and it seemed to help. None of the other Fourze figures have this problem, it was just Basestates that had the really tight hip joint.

i didn't really worry about it since i've never had any issues with SHF before, so this was a bit surprising, but not catastrophic. i contacted bluefin about it, so hopefully i get a positive response of some kind.

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Thanks the gods I have no interest in Fourze.

12. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

It's not a running problem with every Fourze, sometimes you just get unlucky and get a figure with quality issues. My Kuuga for example had a very stiff leg joint and the thing snapped right off, similar to what happened here.. but the majority of them are fine.

Some of them, like Tatoba, have loose joints, but the only one I'd be very wary of is Shinken Pink, who had widespread joint problems which frequently lead to them breaking.

13. ryanlb

ryanlb Member

Home Page:
    None of my Figuarts have had any problems. I don't have any Fourzes or OOO yet, but none of the Kuugas had stiff joints, and my Shinken Pink is great, no stiffness at all in her joints, I'm not worried at all about her.

14. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

I dunno if I'd ever buy Red Buster but, I know I have no interest in the Bouken Red figure. I already have a figure like this (though, the shoulder and back plate things are missing) and that's as close to Boukenger as I wanna get. It's posable so, I'm not gonna argue.

On a related note, is there a release date for Nadeshiko yet? Last I heard it was getting released in June but, I never got a specific date on it.

15. faceofbear

faceofbear Member

The OOO leg joints are just terrible, especially TaToBa. W has some problems like that too but not to the extend that TaToBa has it's just sad. Nadeshiko is an exclusive coming out... some time this month. Dunno for sure.

16. RaiDK

RaiDK Supaidaman!

Mine's really tight in the same spot. Should I be worried...?

Also, HAMMER IKEZO.

17. amazing_syd

amazing_syd Member

Hmm, yeah, I'd be careful with that one. Maybe try that shaving trick? I am VERY careful with my collectibles, and if this broke on me, I can imagine how it would be for other people that aren't as cautious.

Also, Meteor's bike is an exclusive... SURPRISE! I'm still getting it.

18. Zeltrax541

Zeltrax541 New Member

Ouch. Hope you're able to get your figure replaced or something. I just recently had to work on my ShinkenRed and ShinkenGold figuarts.

I'm happy to report that my ShinkenRed's hips are perfect. Gold's hips on the other hand? Well, they're like Red's and they can move perfectly but, they're now more prone to popping off. Not that huge of a loss.

I actually had to use the shaving trick on the ball-socket on both figures and it definitely helps out a lot.

19. Baltan II

Baltan II Space Ninja

Home Page:
    You'll almost certainly get an unfortunate message telling you that, because you have a Japanese release and not a Bluefin one with their sticker on it, that they're not able to help you out.

20. henshination

henshination Lurker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.