The Power Rangers Legacy Line News and Review Thread

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Dark Kabuto, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

In light of the recent announcements, I think the the Legacy stuff warrants it's own discussion threads. For those that might not be keeping up with the news…there's this reveal fro NYCC:

The Godamned Dragonzord and Dragon Dagger are finally revealed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I'm sure a lot of people saw this coming but the SDCC Legacy Morpher Tommy version is getting a wide release at retail:

[​IMG]

Supposedly, the Dagger is going to cost $89.99 according to a post I saw on Tokunation awhile ago.

2. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

HA! I feel bad for people who spent hundreds of dollars on Tommy's morpher off ebay or whatever. I'll see if I can find anything else out tomorrow when I'm at NYCC.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Must own Dragonzord. I just hope TRU does not decided to up the price to like $90 like they just did with their Shinken-Oh. I mean seriously, Shinken-Oh has not moved at all since they put him on the shelf when he was at $80 and now they want $90? I think TRU doesn't understand the concept of how to get something that isn't selling to sell.

4. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

well all I can say is this, about fucking time but Oh hell I can imagine there being a Lot of pissed off convention goers and ebay shoppers seeing this news

5. deeznuts1234

deeznuts1234 dude nerdisms thats what you are

yay now people can stop mopping about not getting their damn childhood morpher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolz jk glad their doing this but I really like star lights shinny gold plates more than what tru is getting. MAN that dagger looks beast!

6. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

So I was at NYCC. Saw the Tommy stuff but also say all the Super Megaforce stuff. First off American Ranger Keys are freakishly small like half the size of the Japanese counterparts if you have a Kyoryuger battery they're a tiny bit smaller. Other than that and the typical Americanized muscle clad Gokaiger figures they actually did something kinda cool. The way Gokai-Oh has special mechs from Magiranger, Gaoranger, and Dekaranger they've made toys equivalent to "legend powers" for other teams that Gokaiger didn't show. Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed and Time Force have motorcycles and Zeo has a car that looks like this guy.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if it can actually turn into him tough. Doubt they'll be in the show though.

Other noticeable things:
    The Wild Force Lion zord that goes with Gokai-Oh is huge. Don't know how big the Gokaiger version is but it's way bigger than one zord should be.

They will be selling the American version of Hyper Gosei Great as a one big figure. The only difference. There are no Headers. Seriously they replaced the Headers with missiles that shoot out of it. Even the hands! It's so ugly!

I have pictures and I'll post them this weekend...maybe...if I'm not lazy...and you guys really want to see...

7. The Scream Man

The Scream Man Podcaster and Toy Commentator

Great info dude, and good news for MMPR fans.

8. Dark Kabuto

We're getting a Titanus!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kx6PjbV3Qw"]NYCC 2013 Interview - Greg Mitchell - Bandai of America - YouTube[/ame]

9. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

if we get a legacy titanus I seriously hope that 1.) they fix the issue with the decals cause mine peel off 2.) they get rid of that stupid mix and morph gimmic and 3.) they atleast put the chain accessory that daizyujin holds onto

10. Dark Kabuto

I'm just trying to picture how hefty a Legacy Titanus would end up being, considering you're staking three toys ontop of each other half made of die cast.

11. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

yeah thats something to consider, after all titanus will have to support the legacy megazord and legacy dragon zord so he'll either have a thick bottom or a lot of support structure

12. Silent_X

Silent_X Member

Originally my plan was just to stop caring about the legacy zords after they did the season 1 stuff, as I did not own the original versions of them as a kid, but the right leg on my White Tiger Zord just fell off.

So yeah.... Bring on the Thunder Zords!

13. Domon Kasshu

Domon Kasshu Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  14. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

15. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

hey guys, seems BBTS is posting pre orders for the legacy dragon zord, dagger, and an import release of Gosei Great all of which are listed at 119.99 a piece. I don't know about you guys but honestly what do you think? sure a pre order through either toys r us or BBTS ensures you one but which would you guys go through?

16. Domon Kasshu

Domon Kasshu Member

I reserved both anyway as a backup just in case (Almost got my Tommy Morpher order canceled from Toys R Us. :\). I can always cancel before it gets there, plus no money down. :p

Just a heads up, due to "Error in price for supplier" (*cough* Yea Right *cough*), Dragon Dagger and Dragonzord are reduced to $90 instead of $120. That's actually great news . :D Only catch is that they have a release date of May. Reason being is because of the supplier they are getting it from. :D

17. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

yeah I jumped on the preorders last night when I saw the price tweek, as for the gold legacy morpher meh, I got a spare normal one custom painted for 15 bucks and a fan made dragon coin for another 15. honestly though I wonder how many people who went to SDCC 2013 and got the gold legacy morpher just to find out it's getting a mass release

18. S.I.C.K.

S.I.C.K. Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  19. Domon Kasshu

Domon Kasshu Member

20. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

well I don't know about you guys but I managed to get my legacy dragon dagger earlier in the day for around 84