The Official Power Rangers Dino Charge Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Keith Justice, May 7, 2014.

1. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

Alright.... here's where it's going to happen and here is where the Powers of Saban will be looking to hear what it is you want out of Power Rangers Dino Charge.

I know they do care about what we think... especially going into Power Rangers Dino Charge. While Power Rangers has been actually killin' it financially and in ratings.... they now also want to fight to be a show that the hardcore long time fans can also be proud of.

Lay it all out here and trust me when I say, Saban Brands will see it and are listening.

Annnnnnnnnd...... ACTION! :jam:

2. Ore-sama

Ore-sama The Great Me

Okay so umm since Power Rangers, as it currently stands, is going back to a Dinosaur motif, I REALLY really don't want another repeat of the "teenagers with attitude" concept. Like I don't mind if they go back to high school again but please no teenagers with attitude. What I'd like to see is a concept where anyone, and I mean ANYONE, can become a Power Ranger.

Another thing to note, the source material for Dino Charge, Kyoryuger, is known for being wacky and zany but hotblood and action-heavy and the concept behind Power Rangers today is to teach kids good morals. So one cool way, dare I say, is maybe make atleast the main 5-6 members be kinda like Ziggy from RPM, as in comical but somewhat competent and let the heroes grow alongside the audience and work their up the ranks until they become true-blue Power Rangers to the core, heroic and competent and all. Plus, kids love comedy.

Anyway, to summarize things, what I'd like to see in Dino Charge is a team that isn't your typical teenagers with attitude but a team everyone can relate to and a team that grows with the audience and work their way up to being, well, teenagers with attitude.

Oh and one small request: BRING BACK JASON DAVID FRANK AS THE SILVER RANGER! I know ALOT of fans would love for him to come back as a Power Ranger. LOL I remember seeing a macro once where someone made JDF as the Silver Ranger. That was where I got this crazy and stupid idea.

EDIT; Forgot to add this: Please do something original with the show. I don't wanna see a repeat of Kyoryuger. Something original would be good.

3. atlantis

atlantis Member

New fight footage, both ground and megazord wise. Along with making use of the Kyoryu Navy costume + Tobaspino (under whatever names are being used for the PR production)

And use the Go-buster stuff in there somehow that shows them off well

4. Azzy K

Azzy K Azzy's Geeky Galaxy

Home Page:
    One of the big underlying themes in Kyoryuger is the power of music/melody, so I would strongly implore that Saban keep that in mind. besides, it's not every day you see Rangers transform by doing a Samba dance. ;P

5. A.Stabelli

A.Stabelli Onore...

Home Page:
    If Saban Brands is REALLY looking at this, no more shouting of the Rangers's names in the opening.

6. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

Don't do this:

7. bleachjoj

bleachjoj Member

Oh no, please no.

8. Keyblademaster91

Keyblademaster91 Member

Hello Saban,

Oh man, where to start...

I think the first thing that needs to be addressed is the excessive use of the words, super, mega, ultra. SuperMegaforce? Really? Acknowledging the pirate theme would have been better. I think kids these days are more mature at younger ages and don't want to be treated as babies or as stupid. Enough with those words please!

Also, try hiring people that can actually act. We don't need abercrombie models as red rangers, no one, especially kids, cares for that. You need actors that can make this ridiculous premise believable, have passion for the series and can bring it in fight scenes. That's what will elevate it in the future.

You only need to take a look at the marvel movies currently, they're finding a good balance between appealing to kids and adults, between seriousness and humour and between being dark and light-hearted. Even with the fight scenes in the show, they could be ramped up and I think that would help appeal to older audiences too. Fight scenes like those in Captain America: The Winter Soldier would do wonders for the next show and movie. I have always felt that Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider etc. are just as much superheroes as any Marvel or DC character. Unfortunately, the way it's currently presented, others don't see it like that. Comic book movies are the big money makers now and those characters are becoming 'mainstream' 'household' names. That's something I think should really be an inspiration to you going forward.

An even better example would be Kamen Rider Gaim, the current show in Japan. The show has a bright, colourful, silly, goofy aesthetic (at least it first appears so). I wrote that show off in the first few episodes, purely because I thought it looked lame and seemed shallow (with teen dance crews etc.) but the quality of the larger story has pulled me in. The designs and aesthetic became badass, purely because of WHAT the characters were doing. It doesn't matter if he looks like an orange samurai because he's shown he's a fighter and a hero regardless. I'm now in a state where I can't wait for the next episode to see what happens. That's something you can do too, turn things around and have that hook.

9. bleachjoj

bleachjoj Member

Okay here is some things that need to be improved on.

One is the writing, mostly the character writing. Mostly that the megaforce rangers barely have any. Megaforce episodes are spent in fight footage leaving no time for actual character focus. We need some actual character moments. Judd Lynn is good at this and was a apart of RPM which was very good at it. I'm not going to say get betters actors. they're fine actors, just that the dialogue is pretty bad.

Next no more "GO GO Power Rangers"!. Seriously enough with this, let's have an original theme again. The bits of the Megaforce theme that are new, sound pretty good. A lot of us are tired of it.

Stop talking during fight scenes. Having a few superhero quips is fine but don't do it excessively. Some fights have just constant talking, and the dialogue feels like filler because they're just talking.

10. A.Stabelli

A.Stabelli Onore...

Home Page:
    Yes. Please don't give us another Go Go Power Rangers remix as the theme song.

11. AdmiralBlue

AdmiralBlue Life is Showtime!

Dino Charge

Hey Saban I know you're listening so in Dino Charge can you make Dino Charge Violet work for NASADA? We haven't seen those guys since Power Rangers in Space.
    And can you have the team operate out of a dinosaur museum or something like that?
    Thanks
    @AdmiralBlue5 on Twitter

12. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

Agreed.

13. Chr15 Gr33n

Chr15 Gr33n New Member

Dear Sabah if you could please hire back some of the old writers instead of the ones you used in the past couple of years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. JVision5

JVision5 Member

No sentai footage.

15. Darida_Ryatta

Darida_Ryatta Ryatta

Home Page:
    I have several areas I'd like overhauls on but first lets deal with the cast:

the many rangers for this series that aren't regular is perfect for a few returning actors (I love the bulk as Cyan idea, though Jason would be equally awesome), but i think we also need a legend ranger from a previous Dino based series in a supporting role. I'd actually like someone other then Tommy, unless you want him to appear as a guest. I think Adam would also be cool to see, maybe even write an old actor out and have them pass the tourch to someone new (a good violet story line, and it'll reference kendrix/karones arc)

In regards to actors, lets see some variation, give me more Billy's and Ziggys, rangers who dont' look like super models, and can't fight but can evolve over their season.. return to casting martial artists and dancers so they can do their own fights.. oh yeah a civillain fight every episode if possible. Saban used to be all about shooting their own footage where ever possible.

The crazy element of Kyoruger may need to be toned down a bit, but not majorly, the henshin dance might feel out of place unless the tone of the series matches, which it probably won't. Some links to previous seasons with the Dinosaur theme would be nice.

most importantly is the writing, if thats not of a certain quality and treats teh show as having viewers of all ages who will notice the plot holes and call out stupid writing and editing then whats the point. Just treat the viewers with respect and as intellegent people, hell intellegent kids.

mostly make it fun.. its still for kids.. but make it entartaining and worth our time.. and release full season blurays region free.. I'm very pissed about my super samurai boxset my ps3 can't play :p

16. Quietsal

Quietsal Plat-Form mode active

Home Page:
    Wishes for Dino Charge

1. Bring in more character development:
    This was my issue with Megaforce, I knew nothing about the characters and didn't really care for them. They where bland, poorly written and very forgettable. If you spend time dealing with that issue not only would you make it more enjoyable for the older audience, kids tend to like more fully developed characters.

2. Balance fighting with story:
    This is the biggest difference that I saw during the shift back to Saban. It's acceptable to have a couple of episodes where the bulk of the show is fighting, but when you have every episode be like that you start to create a very repetitive and boring series. Another thing to consider is that having episodes where they don't fight and morph is also acceptable and could be used to give the characters their precious character development.

3. Make use of story arcs:
    My favorite season was RPM, what made is my favorite was the fact that almost every episode contributed to the story and the small story arcs that they had. Story arcs are very effective in keeping peoples attention and will add more depth to the series. The ending of a story arc would also be effective in establishing possibilities for the next series. (example: big baddie dies, small baddies try to rebuild which will hint that the next part of the series will mostly involve the monsters trying to rebuild while rangers stop them)

4. Stop making the Super-(insert ranger season title here) a commercial for the power up.
    What makes a power up awesome? The fact that it does something awesome and not spending the entire second half of the season talking about how superior your new super-mode/power-up is in comparison. I get that the show is mostly a commercial for the toy, but still show don't tell, in fact that's something that should be put in consideration for everything else.

5. Use the Christmas footage from Kyoruger.
    seriously, they form a team of 5 giant robots to beat up monsters and save Christmas. That would be an amazing power rangers special to watch.

Sorry for sounding whiny, but yeah those are my usual gripes when watching the newer series. And I have more to recommend, but I have a final in half an hour, so for now that's it.

17. big_j_ny

big_j_ny Just an Internet User Passing Thru

Home Page:
    [​IMG]

18. revtomorrow

revtomorrow Member

I realize seasons are shorter, but as Dino Charge appears to be a two-season/40 episode run, take a not from RPM and devote real time to developing back story on the characters. Megaforce/Super Megaforce the characters are pretty much filler with no depth.

Please have either Robert Baldwin reprise the role of Cyan, that is only if Bulk doesn't became the Cyan Ranger, of course.

Please do not have Jason David Frank anywhere near this series. If you have to pull a past Ranger into it, go for Austin St. John or Kevin Duhaney.

Please go back to each season/series having their own fully original theme song. Riffing on the MMPR theme worked for Samurai, but it shouldn't be the new norm.

Please, please, please, less use of Super, Mega, and so on. Along with that, witty banter in combat is one thing, however, the frequency of it could really be toned down. Every Ranger doesn't have to make a bad joke every time they're on camera in a fight.

Don't be afraid to deviate from the sentai. Typically the best seasons are the ones that deviate the most.

Please have a better flowing narrative and explanations. Not necessarily a complete saga style where every episode begins where the last one ended, but past episodes should be relevant for more than just obtaining power ups. A cohesive narrative flowing through the entire season, binding episodes (which shouldn't be very many, if any, filler episodes) and the entire season together.

If not already planning to, if the characters match to the audition sheets, and it isn't already planned to do so, please have the knight be an actual British actor and have the cave man be in full prosthetics and make up to look like a neanderthal.

Please, please, no Jason David Frank. His time needs to end with the Mega War. He is overplayed, overhyped, and the show tends to become about him, not the team.

19. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

-More cliffhangers. Have self-contained stories, but have them bleed into one another with a specific arc plot, from a protanganist and antagonist perspective, either a revelation from a hero's past or a secret agenda behind the main villain's back.

-You can still have a bit of cheese and fun, you can still have the occasionally silly monster of the week story with wacky powers, but temper it with a degree of self-awareness, don't just have the Rangers play straight to the stuation. Have them get all meta, like on Ninja Storm and RPM.

20. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

That one's not gonna happen, PR's too reliant on Sentai footage. :V