The Official Power Morphicon Thread

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Keith Justice, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. Blade Dancer

Blade Dancer Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl

Yeah... I'm not sure they really thought that through all the way.

3. Ragna "D" BloodEdge

Ragna "D" BloodEdge By the Power of Gaia!!!

For what, admission?

4. FangireQueen

FangireQueen Owner of the "Queen" Memory

Home Page:
    Yeh. And not to mention there is NO regular 3 day badge.

This just adds to the long list of things that prove they have no idea how to run a convention.

5. Keith Justice

I think if you wan regular access it's 60 bones... but the Billy Badass edition "so you don't miss a thing" is 100 smackers. :(

6. Ragna "D" BloodEdge

Ragna "D" BloodEdge By the Power of Gaia!!!

*whistles* Wow, that is steep.

7. FangireQueen

Home Page:
    And the $60 one comes with extra crap to make it seem worth it. But there's no just plain 3 day. You can ONLY attend Friday is you pay $60 or $100.

Oh yeh and the $100 one lets you to special $100 ticket only events, but wait.... you actually have to pay extra for those ON TOP of your ticket price.

8. Keith Justice

:(

............ fuck..... :disappoin

9. Quark

Quark Bandito Shake Cometh

$100 doesn't seem that bad at all for a 3 day event with all the perks.

10. FangireQueen

Home Page:
    Yeh we're getting had here. Not to mention many of the guests they have "confirmed" don't even know!

It feels like this is all SEVERELY poorly run, or a scam on us because we're die hard fans yanno?

Add your plane ticket and hotel fare and tell me it's still not bad. Also not to mention one of the "perks" makes you put out even MORE money.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  11. Quark

*shrug* Easily seems like an event worthy of the price tag. Especially taking into consideration the accounts of people who went to the first one. Stuff costs money.

12. Keith Justice

How much was the last Morphicon?

13. Quark

$40 for the whole weekend.

14. Keith Justice

Eh............... >__<

And I'm guess I won't be getting any special treatment like what Maureen hooked me up with. 100 bucks is a bit much... :(

15. FangireQueen

Home Page:
    $45 for all 3 days

And with this one, they supposedly have sponsorship. Not to mention selling vendors spaces., It's obvious stuff costs money, but no convention can hope to make that money solely off registrations. That's con suicide.

They need to keep registration in an affordable and reasonable range for all types of attending. If you are having a increase in your cost, then you need more sponsors, and to sell vendors booths.

16. Keith Justice

Hmm... I know that someone else fully paid the cash for the first Morphicon, so there was no worry of recouping... I dunno... :(

Fuck.

17. FangireQueen

Home Page:
    Most cons don't have that happen. However it's common sense that you can't expect attendees alone to recoup your costs. That's why you get sponsors and vendors. Also you should know your budget before you book guests. Not to mention most guests don't even know they're attending this or that it even exists.

It just all spells disaster at this point

18. Quark

Why should anyone get special treatment?

I don't know the details behind the scenes, but I know the event is not a money making endeavor. Apparently Disney agreed to sanction it in the first place because it was involved with donating money to Make A Wish. Since the first one happened without imploding, and PMC2 is on schedule, I don't see any point in worrying.

19. mmartina

mmartina We Are VR

Home Page:
    Just Ordered Power Morphicon Gold Ranger Pass

20. FangireQueen

Home Page:
    It's basic convention knowledge that nearly NO ONE makes money off these. However you always want to break even. And these ridiculously priced tickets seem to be a way to "offset costs" but the matter is they should be doing that through other means as well such as sponsors, vendors, and advertisements.

This price set also has pretty much made the convention available to only locals with some money to burn, or adults out of town with quite a bit of money to burn. Wanna bring your kids to meet their idols and have a fun weekend? Ain't gonna happen at these prices. Not to mention there's no chance of even attending Friday without one of the expensive badges?

I've already had 4 con chairs calling me over this who are all equally shocked and annoyed at the prices and KINDS of tickets.