The History of the Power Rangers - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Silver Wolf, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Captain Shark

Captain Shark Member

Showa Rider series are usually better than the Heisei ones usually by the default fact they stick to their genres.

2. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Linkara has tentatively named April 27th as the release date for the Dino Charge episode.

3. Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes New Member

Linkara mentioned on his twitter that he's "revising" the episode on Turbo. Is that out yet?

(I joked that I sooo want to Patreon him into watching Carranger because I imagine he'll either love it or really hate it, either way it would be awesome).

(Carranger is the best)

4. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

Honestly, it'd be great to have him do videos on any Sentai. A lot of the newer ones, I can understand his reaction, but this show is just so ripe for a review, one way or the other.

5. ForeverBlue

ForeverBlue The Cookie Man!

^we all know that he doesn't watch Super Sentai and has no interest in watching any.

6. Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes New Member

Not sure if joking, because he's reviewed some eps of Zyuranger and Gokaiger.

7. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Those were Patreon reviews. Someone payed for those. On his own, he would never actually watch Super Sentai because he has no interest.

8. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Yeah he even ended the Gokaiger review by saying that even though he enjoyed what he saw and might consider watching more of Gokaiger in his spare time in the future it wouldn't be reviewed, in part because in his opinion Toei are even more gung-ho about getting Sentai content removed from youtube than Saban are for Power Rangers.

One of the stretch goals on his Patreon is to look at the other Saban adaptations so if he goes beyond PR it's to those.

9. ForeverBlue

ForeverBlue The Cookie Man!

Did he stated why he had no interest in watching Super Sentai?

10. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

It's just his personal bias. He grew up with Power Rangers, not Super Sentai, so he prefers to stick with what he knows best. He's also stated that he never feels adequate reviewing stuff from Japan, including manga, because he isn't Japanese. Because you know, the cultural stuff might fly over his head and the people leaving comments might recognize more than he ever can in one review, etc. Granted, he has bent that rule and talked about certain manga before, but the reluctance is still there.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  11. Shogun_Master

To be honest, I think he's specifically said "It's something he knows about that everyone tells him he should watch, but it's just not something he feels he needs to see." For me, shows that hit me like that, I wouldn't say no to watching (like old-school Kamen Rider, for instance), I just don't feel enough of a need to actively seek it out.

However, we also all know what happened when people overloaded him concerning the History of the Power Ranger reviews. We almost never got the rest of them in the first place.

12. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

13. Shogun_Master

Yeah, it turned out pretty well overall. It had flaws, but it was still better than the last few seasons we had.

14. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

No it's not a new episode of HoPR, but one of Linkara's Patrons got him to review the first four episodes of Fourze!

15. Shogun_Master

Well, if he was going to do a Kamen Rider series, I kind of would have preferred one that'd be on the higher quality side of things, but I guess he seems to be enjoying it so far. Although, he didn't really get far enough into it for the show to completely fall off track and lose the plot in all of it's weird "Saved By the Bell"- ness.

I do have to admit, though, I went to school with a guy who looked & acted vaguely like Gentaro & a girl who acted like Yuuki, so this show always cracks me up a lot more than normal. Cool guy. He's a local artist, now. I have no clue about the girl, though. And neither of them were ever friends...

16. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Well Fourze is one of the best series in the franchise, so I think he made a good choice. No, it isn't Blade, Black, Gaim, W, or Ryuki, but it's still one excellent show.

17. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

I actually cringed when I noticed he was using the TV-Nihon subs for his Fourze review. After user input lead him to use Over-Time for his first look into Gokaiger, I thought he'd stay with that group for Fourze. I wonder what made him change fansub groups like that... But at the very least, he did get the overall gist of the show.

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

That was probably just the subs he downloaded, perhaps because they were MP4 so he didn't have to convert them from MKV to MP4.