The Figma Thread - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Dark Kabuto, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

WHy would anyone want her in her school uniform? That would be boring. After all, she is a magical girl, and magical girls have to have cool costumes.

Anyway, which costume did they go for?

2. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

I respectfully disagree. Sakura's school uniform is undoubtedly one of her most iconic. Not to mention, she did face many a foe whilst wearing it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Catch You Catch Me (OP1) outfit.

...Come to think of it, it's a pretty bad choice because her poses will be severely limited, considering the fact that she never actually wore this outfit in the show itself.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  3. GPAnthony

GPAnthony Member

Platina Opening version Sakura would have paired well with Ultimate Madoka.

Pretty interested to see what comes next in the Table Museum series. Definitely gonna pick up The Thinker.

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Okay, yeah, I definitely do not know why they picked that one. If anything, they should have gone for the cat outfit or the one from the second movie.

5. Amon

Amon Member

So how well do Figma scale up to the Figuarts? I order Figma Guyver a while ago and I want to do Guyver Unit 1 vs. SHF Apocalypse Zero on display.

6. GPAnthony

GPAnthony Member

The male figmas like Captain America and Cobra are about the same height, but in terms of volume they seem much slimmer than Figuarts, so Zero would seem much bulkier than Guyver.

7. ArcAce

ArcAce Ready! Fire!!

Figma Snake MGS2 ver

Retail Price:
    Release Date: 2015/05

[​IMG]

[HIDE][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/HIDE]

SOCOM Pistol and the Figma Box are GSC Shop Exclusives

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. sinzz

sinzz Orange

When does he go up for preorder? And does anyone have experience with GSC shop for exclusives? Do you have to pay first?

9. GPAnthony

GPAnthony Member

Figma Sakura in color is hella cute. Now it is much better looking than the Figuarts... though I still like the Figuarts too.

[​IMG]

10. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

I knew it was all in the colors.

11. Kaido

Kaido Member

The Good Smile Company online shop has him up now for 7800 Yen. I want to see what regular version goes for, as the bonus is just an extra cardboard box and the socom pistol. I do want the socom pistol, but not if the price difference is drastic.

12. Amon

Amon Member

13. Kaido

Kaido Member

It's hard to say - the bootlegs packaging can look the same, maybe just slightly off. But the price seems high enough to believe it's real. And they say it's authentic in the description, so it should be safe.

I've bought bootlegs by accident before - Nanoha. Usually from HK or China seller, and the price was too good to be true which was what drew me. When in hand the figure had sloppy paint and the figma joints were loose. A real Figma has pretty good QC, joints are nice and smooth, paint is pretty close to perfect. But if you never owned a Figma before, you might not know. The fake even came with a figma ziploc bag!

Anyway, MGS Snake is around 6100 yen. Pics look great, but I think I'm going to resist. :coolshades:

14. sinzz

sinzz Orange

Damn, as much as I'd love the socom, amiami price is hard to beat..

15. King Gainer

King Gainer Member

Don't buy the Figma Tekkaman Blade; It's an awful figure. The sculpt is way off and looks terrible, the quality control blows, and the gloss-coat doesn't work at all aesthetically. I own one and hate it passionately, I think it's the worst figure I own.

If you want Blade get the Bandai Armor Plus one. It might cost between two and two and a half times as much, but it's totally awesome and more than worth the extra cost.

16. Jetman Purple

Jetman Purple Member

17. Amon

Amon Member

Any idea when Ami Ami will start sending payments for Guyver Unit 1?

18. I just got a notice today that Guyver 1's release date has been pushed back to late December.:disappoin

19. Kaido

Kaido Member

Hey, I just noticed Snake's wrists... looks like poseable figma joints! Also, eyeball movement for one of his head sculpts. I sure hope they make more MGS figures though... I'm not interested in just buying one standalone figure, give me the entire line to collect!