Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle - Reboot is Back.. with Megan Fox. XD

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by StriderXXX, Feb 17, 2012.

1. SaikoDragon

SaikoDragon It's Judgement Time!

I thought everything with that guy was hilarious.

2. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

Yeah, I think Bay has lost it. I'm almost certain I just caught him flaming people on Nostalgia Critic's Pearl Harbor review on Youtube. Why do I think so? This same guy has been popping up on just the same, one video all day & all he is doing is vehemently defending Michael Bay, insulting Nostalgia Critic, insulting anyone who even remotely agrees with the review or says anything even remotely negative concerning Michael Bay at all, even if it's not insulting, and he keeps reverting back to "Transformers made a shit ton of money, so go fuck yourself." Over & over again. And he's getting worse as he goes, even though people are largely ignoring him & not really trying to be insulting.

Anyway, the only two reasons I can see why Megan Fox is in this movie:
    1) Megan Fox is fucking Michael Bay
    2) Michael Bay has snapped & is blatantly flipping people off.

I'm not even remotely familiar with the TMNT franchise, but even I can think of several actresses who would do great as April O'Niell. Tabrett Bethell, or Ellen Paige, or Jennifer Lawrence, or Lindsey Fonseca, or Noomi Rapace- anyone who is familiar with any of these actresses work, I'm sure, would agree with any of these, at the least? Megan Fox has no acting range beyond her normal everyday personality & she knows it...:redface2:

3. Bigdog

Bigdog Member

She'll get raped by Shredder or the Kraang, considering that:

Dragon Tattoo Trilogy [Svenska] - She gets raped and victimized many times.
    Sherlock Holmes 2-She's a gypsy that is victimized.
    Prometheus- gets raped by an alien species and gives birth to the titular Xenomorphs.

Her entire filmography is of rape , just like Jennifer Connelly always looks out at the sea on a pier, Keanu Reeves commits suicide to thwart evil, Nicholas Cage is an action star who is either on fire . And somehow, Ellen Paige finds herself in every predicament relating to sexual manners including her sexuality, like X-Men and Inception and Juno/Whip it.

http://www.cracked.com/article_2020...es+&+TV&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=recommended

4. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

True. Lol

Honestly, Tabrett was the one that came to mind & I kind of had to think about the others. I just really want to see her get a good part in something after watching her play Cara in Legend of the Seeker. She's kind of sweet dispositioned, but she can kick ass & she can have this really amazing intensity at times. Plus, even though she's a New Zealander, she can pretty much hide her accent flawlessly.

5. Dark Heart

Dark Heart The Bun Is In Your Mind

I think they should just call the whole kit-and-kaboodle "Alien Alien Alien Aliens", and be done with it.

6. ForeverBlue

ForeverBlue The Cookie Man!

Hope the reboot is good.

As for the new TV series, I need to do some catching up :)

7. SaikoDragon

the new TV series isn't anything special. Its the same nonsense as before though sometimes the humor shines. They've definitely done better for the turtles in the past.

8. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

True. I think taking a step back to the zany kind of humor kind of negates the drama a bit, while I love the original cartoon, I'd rather it remain one of a kind.

9. LaZerwolfX

LaZerwolfX Henshin a Go-Go!!

I don't think thats necessarily fair. I feel that the new series has done a much better job at fleshing out the turtles personalities and made them more than just the leader, the hothead, the nerd, and the party kid. They've become believable personalities with multiple layers. The 2003 and original series dont even compare in this regard.

10. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

You can now go back to loving the franchise/movie but doesn't mean we still like Bay.

11. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

Hell...if Bay brought Venus back and made her badass...I'd be amused. Screw what Laird said...Saban didn't do her any justice and she ended up as a Robot Chicken gag.:redface2:

"A Vampire Hunting, Dragon Slaying, mystical female Turtle" > "Racist Alien Big Boobied Explosions"

(...and yes...Doug Walker should be knocked out for giving Bay ideas...):laugh:

12. BLASTMATIC

BLASTMATIC Lurker

definately not seeing because of megan fox and they seem to botching it on purpose

13. SaikoDragon

Megan Fox definitely wouldnt be my first choice for April ONiel but my god man, at least wait until a trailer comes out.

14. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

First set photos

Foot soldiers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Megan Fox with April O'neil badge

[​IMG]

Looks like the Colonel Shrader(Shredder) character may have stayed from that rumored script

15. ShademanDS

ShademanDS Anti-Anti

I never had the Nostalgia of the 80's Transformers (I grew up with Beast Wars), or TMNT so I never understood Nostalgia hate of anything

I really can't hate Bay any more (Pain and Gain was Awesome and he's only producing TMNT) but I really don't have the power to watch another movie with Megan Fox as a lead

16. The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil Member

Strictly speaking, the leads of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, not April.

17. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

Not in Bay movies. I mean look who the lead in the Transformers movie was. It certainly wasn't any of the transformers. They were pretty much an after thought.

18. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

Megan sporting a familiar yellow jacket

[​IMG]

She's definitely working as a reporter for Channel 6, as other photos confirm (although she's not wearing the jacket in them)

Will Arnett is playing Vernon, April's snobby and envious cameraman from the 80s cartoon

19. The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil Member

Good thing this isn't really a Michael Bay movie, then, since his involvement begins and ends at producing it.

20. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

If you really think a producer doesn't have a say in how things go in a movie...