Talk Up! POWER RANGERS DINO CHARGE – “POWERS FROM THE PASTâ€

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Keith Justice, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Timeline15

Timeline15 New Member

OK, finally managed to see the full episode on youtube. Love how the villains have been done I didn't think it was possible to make the deboss suits command any respect or have any malice, but Sledge's gang already seem more competent and dangerous than the entire armada.

The 2 rangers we saw a decent amount of are cool too. Much better acting than in the past. Some of the dialogue was a bit clunky at times, but they managed to work with it. I like how the cast are sort of geeky and dysfunctional, rather than the perfect artificial people we had in megaforce. These guys are more convincing nerds than Noah ever was, and they didn't need to put of some ridiculous hipster glasses to do it.

Also, I'm going to enjoy seeing the awesome kyoryuger suits in action without Daigo and all that samba dragging them down. Most excited I've been for a power rangers series since the Disney era. It felt like I was back in 2005 watching this. And I mean that in a good way.

Oh, and interestingly enough, the cretaceous looked exactly like the present day, complete with grass, and continental plates ;)

2. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

^ You're right. I completely forgot about the grass >__<

Though to be fair, I don't think Kyoryuger paid attention to that detail either.

3. Timeline15

Timeline15 New Member

kyoryuger paid attention to very little, besides making sure the cameraman got daigo's good side, so.... Is it weird that I'm holding a pr show to a higher standard than a sentai one? :/ never thought it would happen.

4. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

I know right? I just chalked it up to them being too lazy to make a CGI Cretaceous Earth for only one episode :p

5. The Monster of Surrealton

The Monster of Surrealton Lurker

A really great first episode.

I like that it mainly focuses on 2 rangers instead of dumping all 5 into a cookie-cutter fight.

The characters so far are pretty good.

Just from this episode, it feels like Saban is trying to make a middle ground between the tones of RPM and the Neo-Saban seasons.

The first episode has an RPM vibe in its emphasis on 2 rangers in the first episode, a more developed story, and somewhat serious tone, all while maintaining the upbeat Neo-Saban tone.

Best part is the lack of Sentai footage. Like In Space-Time Force, it helped make Dino Charge its own identity from the start instead of just an adaption of another show like Samurai and Megaforce were.

This is the first time in years that I look forward to the next episode.

6. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

It's just the first episode. There's still a chance the dancing and music motif could still be in there. Though it wouldn't be too hard to scrap it, even if it's in a lot of the source footage.
    Still... How is the dancing bad? How is not having it in there an improvement? I'll give you Daigo, but the dancing and being in tune with the melody of the earth/nature, that's a pretty unique identity trait to have. It was a swell second for Super Sentai, but it'd be a fun first for Power Rangers.

7. I doubt the majority would agree with you on the last sentence. When Sentai does something, it's always fine and dandy. When it carries over into PR, people are likely to riot.

8. kamsasdn13213231

kamsasdn13213231 Lurker

About the first episode and the shows fate

I watched the first episode and you know what i think it looks okay the acting kinda improved but the cgi is less poor.This episode looks great hinting that this shows might be better than the previous season and be saved from 'cancellation' but as the saying goes 'Don't count your chickens before they hatch' because i think that this show might end up be just like its predecessor seasons it will decline in quality and it will have a "mid season" called Dino Supercharge (just like Super samurai or Super megaforce) and then the path to the shows cancellation will be near and sabans brand contract with nickelodeon will soon expire in about 2017 or was it 2018.

9. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

It wouldn't have been bad if the choice of music hadn't been... samba. Seriously? When I think "melody of the earth" I expect something 'mystical', or spiritual. Not a bacchanal on a Brazilian street.

Gaoranger got it right as far as music and nature goes, even if it was just one episode.

10. Let's hold off on the half-assed doomsaying now, shall we?

11. kamsasdn13213231

kamsasdn13213231 Lurker

Okay have it your way i tried to warn you all :disappoin

12. goldlantern

goldlantern New Member

I will say this, though:

Reaching through the ages, Kenshin Uesugi has called (probably using a Tecmo Koei payphone). He wants his sword back.

[​IMG]

13. kamsasdn13213231

kamsasdn13213231 Lurker

I dont get it :|

14. JFC

JFC ♥ 大好き ♥

Welcome to VB4 Keith.

15. Photon

Photon Shining~

And so does many other characters

16. goldlantern

goldlantern New Member

17. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

Ok, finally got a chance to see it and nick's website only made the crappy library computer only crashed once! lol

But, I have to admit, this is one of the best written and acted PR premieres I've ever seen. Better than pretty much all of what I've done. Actually looking forward to more for once.

18. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

Funnily enough, a bacchanal is supposed to be spiritual, as is its modern descendant Tarantella. And the samba is descended from African religious dances. They just don't conform to your idea of what "spiritual" is.

19. HibariHime

HibariHime Member

I haven't seen Kyoryuger yet but I'm getting tired of most of these hardcore Super Sentai fans thinking the clip of the morphing sequence in the first episode is the real thing which they end up finding it boring and will not live up to what Kyoryuger did but I don't know why it's so hard to get them to even consider that Dino Charge is not Kyoryuger so things are going to be different including the story and morphing sequences. The morph to me was an accidental one since Shelby and Tyler were trying to figure out what to do with the guns and the morphing just happened. We'll see a real on as the show goes on.

Also, this episode was ALL original footage so they can't say Saban copied and pasted in this episode which I hope they keep it up with relying on less footage and focus on what PR is and not the stuff in the previous seasons in this new era.

20. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

Dude, it's been tradition...since the late 90s early 2000s...hence the Anti-Sentite/PR Snob schtick. No different from the Sub/Dub dispute; although it has waned, its still exist unfortunately. Then again, you still get a good laugh out of it. Majority has matured since the Rangerboard/Japan Hero/Monsterzero days.

Most people get it...PR isn't always going to be like the Sentai...with that said...there are some things I can't agree with Saban doing either (like Mega Force reminding me of Masked Rider).

I still like what Ninja Storm did, but Dino Charge was...okay I guess.

Jeb becoming a VR Trooper
    Mrs. Starkey piloting Dragon Fortress