Talk Up! POWER RANGERS DINO CHARGE – “POWERS FROM THE PASTâ€

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Keith Justice, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

2. Keith Justice

Hmmm... anyone else see that add on my first post?

3. DSP

DSP Lurker

Home Page:
    That's a pretty massive ad.

But I really enjoyed episode 1, I only saw clips as I had to watch most of it on youtube because I'm not in America but it was really fun. Tyler's acting is a bit rough but he's showing so much more emotion and energy that the last two reds of the new saban era have been missing completely. When he does the overly energetic silly shit you can actually believe that he would do that because he's just so much more alive.

The action is also great! Did Sakamoto work on it? And the whole use of original footage throughout the entire episode was amazing. I also love the original story for the villains, though I do feel they may be trying a bit too hard with the couple angle to be like Zedd and Rita. However I do look forward to the marriage being a major event in DC that will go with Kyoryuger's footage of that epic end boss esque Deboss fight slap bang in the middle of the series.

Ahhh man I really can't wait for more!

4. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

Did you mean to center the post but, the ad forced it into left-alignment? If so, I had the same thing happen to one of my talkbacks as well (I meant to ask about it too but, I plum forgot).

5. Keith Justice

Currently looking in to it...

6. goldlantern

goldlantern New Member

This episode was...really good! I mean, the monster suits looked pretty cheezy (up until snowman, anyway - his was cool), but the writing and action was up my alley.

More, please!

7. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

Sometimes I wonder if those who want the "Samba" stuff are just saying that to rib Power Rangers knowing that Saban would obviously say "F'CK THAT!!!" in regards to the Samba motif.

Then again...

Shane: NINJA STORM...RANGER FORM!!!

(pause...nothing happens)

Tori: I think it's ranger form.

Dustin: Watch and learn...NINJA STORM...RANGER FORM...HAAAAA!!!

I know it was only used in the Previews and not the PRNS pilot...but still.

Also, he's still the master of the gun morph...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXyp4x6tiqQ

8. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Not bad, much better than the past two premieres. Just what I thought Shelby is the weakest link, but I'll give it first episode nerves.

9. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

How much time will you give her before it hits the annoyance factor?

10. Timeline15

Timeline15 New Member

I don't suppose there's a way for those of us outside the US to see episodes online? I have yet to find any way to see any more than the clips on youtube, and I assume we don't have the sort of setup we have with sentai. Anyone know of any way?

11. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

First episode. A lot of little things to love, but I also like how the production values for Power Rangers are really improving. They feel like they are about to be on par with Sentai.

12. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

Man this was a GREAT first episode!

There were interesting characters with energy and life to them, even if the acting could use work in term of subtlety the emotion and basic character traits were there!

There was a evelopped mythos with events put into place and hints of a bigger, richer universe masterfully put in without any sort of boring exposition! I could see the PR I've always liked, the one with the hints of a larger universe out there that impact the rangers, of dark corners of space where monsters dwell and greater monsters rule, but heroes persevere! The villains had personality that matched well with their whole demeanor. Sledge is fitting in well, even if I would have liked if Wrench and Fury were introduced as Poisandra's brothers (they all have a face on them, marking them as being related). I hope Chaos is her father for some Master Vile antics! I liked to see all the monsters for the season already shown in the cells, that was a really nice touch! I'm guessing the one issuing those bounties is the mob-boss like Lepidopant Lord Deboss!

There was great original action, with energy and style!

And it ended with a great sense of mystery!

I'm stoked for the next episode! Great job team Saban!

13. shamrocknroll

shamrocknroll The Ranger with the Cowbell

It was a very bloated episode that seemed old and dated to me. Saban seems to be stuck in the 90s and to me it's starting to show. Granted it was the first episode so I can't really say it sucks completely but I hope it improves

14. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

And the majority of PR fans have no problem with that apparently given the overwhelmingly positive response. Sucks to be in a minority huh?:laugh:

15. shamrocknroll

Yep but hey I'm not complaining.

16. Undrave

How can you say it was bloated when we only got two Rangers out of five and didn't even meet Green yet!

17. shamrocknroll

That's exactly why I said it was bloated. I felt like we should have at least met the all the leads leading into a cliffhanger. Maybe that's just my take on it and me being rusty to power rangers though. I'll concede that the production has gotten better.

18. Undrave

I think it's just a different pacing. Back in the day it was either a two parter or a one part episode. Comparing this episode to, for exemple, the first episode of Lightspeed Rescue it feels like it has a comfortable and natural pace.

19. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Kendall, best actor thus far seeing as I enjoy her the most.

20. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

I like how the opening scenes take place in the Cretaceous and yet they show Earth's continents as they are today. :laugh: :nono:

Also, Keeper killed the dinosaurs. Good job.