[TALK] S.I.C. Thread Part Deux

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Mirage_Frost, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hell Kaiser Andy

Hell Kaiser Andy Aronbafon

What does that have to do with making JokerJoker into Kamen Rider Joker? :redface2:

2. NotHyper

NotHyper Member

This is a flawed argument. The KT line is a completely different scale versus the fullsized line. The KT line exists for people who like a smaller-scale. When the KT line released Wild Chalice, I wasn't raging about it because I want one that's in scale with my other 7 inch SICs. Same deal with Blade and Blade King Form. The original SICs will always be valueable to those who collect them, regardless if there's a cheaper, smaller-scale alternative.

The KTs sell pretty well, so it would only make sense to expand the line as much as possible to continue its popularity.

3. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

My bad. When you mentioned "smaller sized line," I automatically assumed you were talking about KT.

But yeah, they probably wouldn't release final forms on their own unless it was a new mold or something. Speaking of which, I was hoping they would remold Decade Complete into less of an eyesore and give him Machine Decader. I'd buy it.

4. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

If Bandai wants to release them, they'll do it.

5. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Dude, he's just saying that it would be easy to convert a JokerJoker to KR Joker. That's all.

6. chubbyman

chubbyman Member

chill man! don't be so hardboiled!! :thumbs:

7. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Like what I said before, this is the same setup that they did with the SHF versions and people did some customs out of the CC/JJ set. Then they eventually released KRJ. This will happen most likely with the SIC. Bottom line is, if there's a lot of demand for it, they'll eventually release them.

8. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Aha, I think I really had some big phrasing problems on my previous post. ^^"

It's cool :) That's exactly what I think, a remold of Decade Complete might be fun, especially since if they do want to go with a new Decade Complete they don't need to fit it with the Base Decade anymore. It might come out without looking like much of a footballer, but then again, I will never appreciate the choice of having cards on his head, the ones on the shoulders are kinda "meh" already in my opinion. As for Machine Decader, I actually found it the less impressive rider bike in a while. I'll rather have a Faiz Autovajin or Hibiki's bike, even though it's just a plain o'shiny american chopper(that's the name of the type of bike right?)

9. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

I don't much like Machine Decader either, but I'm not so sure there would be many people who would want Decade Complete on his own.

There's already an Autovajin release. Not very pretty in robot mode though.

10. Synch

Synch Member

what is machine decader ?. his bike ? I am all up for more bikes I think each rider should come with one on first release just my .02 ! Or at least be sold separately along side said rider

11. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Yeah I know there's an Autovajin release in the main SIC line. I saw the KT Autovajin robot mode. I think some would be up for a stand alone new Decade Complete mold depending on how well they get the design to look like. A complete reimagination of it would be lovely, with the same color scheme, give him a more robotic and menacing look since Complete Form was originally hyped for being the "berserk evil Decade." Take away the card plates on the shoulder and head, add a scarf to the mix, and I'm freaking sold.

12. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

I dunno about completely redesigning him. Sure he looks goofy, but that's what he's supposed to look like. For me, the only thing they would HAVE to do is to streamline the shoulder pads.

On another note, I opened my CycloneJoker today and there is a big shiny spot in the middle of Joker's chest. Glue maybe? I dunno, but anyone have any ideas on how to safely remove it?

13. NotHyper

NotHyper Member

^ Take a picture and I can tell you how to best proceed.

14. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Awesome. Thanks. Most of it just rubbed off actually, but I'll get a picture up tonight.

15. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Sorry for double post, but I wanted to get this back to the top. Any help would be appreciated!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Hm, perhaps, but when we do talk about SICs, we are talking about reimagining. Look are the old Kuuga, RX/Black, Shadow Moon and Riderman & V3 set. They have their differences from the tv-shows. They do keep the main design, color scheme and concepts. But honestly? As much as I like card themes, I don't want to see goofy gimmicks like having cards all over your shoulder and right on top of your head. I don't really think you can convince much people that it actually looks good. This is coming from a guy who really liked Decade's base form too. Hope your CycloneJoker's doing fine though.

17. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Yes, those older designs were more extreme, but like you said, they kept the overall design and concept. To remove the cards from Complete Form wouldn't be doing that. It would make a whole different character/form.

On the topic of older releases, I mentioned I disliked the V3 and Riderman designs, but now that you brought it up, I dislike what they did with Black too. It's not that it looks bad or anything. I just think they went a bit overboard. If they at least kept the yellow and red stripes, I'd like it way better.

18. zalindrome_kia

zalindrome_kia Member

Yes! Looks like I'm not the only one here who thinks that! I was hoping they'd redo it with the current wave of Showa releases.

19. NotHyper

NotHyper Member

Ahh, okay. Looks like some finishing coat got applied too thick right there. Some rubbing alcohol (70%) and a cuetip will clean that up quick enough.

20. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Is that all? I thought about using alcohol, but was worried it might dry up the plastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.