[TALK] S.I.C. Thread Part Deux

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Mirage_Frost, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

I wouldn't mind seeing TheBee or KickHopper even though I dislike the Kabuto sculpts in general.

But what they need to do is finish the Showa riders, then do Kamen Rider G!

2. Synch

Synch Member

lol " kamen rider G SIC "Build a figure" buy all showa releases & get the parts ... lol

I forgot about the bee ... damn ... the bee was almost as useless as thedrake ... They should do a two pack with them ... lol

3. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Kamen Rider G might look really awesome as a SIC. Potential's there. The reason I'm not interested in the Kabuto line is exactly because of it's molds, so nothing that it dishes out will ever tempt me to buy. Thank god I am not a completist, I don't need to collect the whole of Heisei :D

4. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

I feel sorry for completists. I've only got all the main Heisei riders and a couple of final forms and it hasn't been easy on the wallet. Wasn't gonna get into the Showa riders since there weren't enough sculpts I liked, but now with Super 1 and Sky Rider, I think I'm gonna go for it. I'm really hoping for an updated V3 and Riderman though. Those are hideous.

5. Synch

Synch Member

I'm still working on finishing up my deno line nope ... not a completest at all ...

6. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

The only line I'm trying to complete is the W line. I'm not interested in collecting the whole of Heisei anyways, Kiva doesn't attract me, especially not with that price tag. But I do want the majority of the base form of the riders. Still need to get Ryuki, Agito, Faiz, Hibiki and Decade. Speaking of Hibiki, that will probably be one of the lines that I'll grab more than just the main rider. I fell in love with the pre-30 episodes of Hibiki.

7. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

I still find it interesting how so many people are into Hibiki. I found it the least entertaining series of them all. The suit design is fantastic though.

As for collecting, just default forms and final forms for me. I'm praying for a reissue of Emperor and debating whether to get a regular Armed Hibiki or the Warring States version.

8. zalindrome_kia

zalindrome_kia Member

Looking at it now, I guess the Showa line will be completed really soon. The 6 Rider set was released not too long ago, followed by Stronger/Tackle and now Skyrider and Super-1. If ZX isn't announced soon I'll be really surprised.

9. Strikees

Strikees Member

Home Page:
    I got a silly question. How long do you guys think I would have to wait before my Exclusive Den-O Wing Form and New Den-O would be atleast a lille more worth than when I got them? ^^'

10. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

About Hibiki;

[hide]I think what gave Hibiki a special spot in my heart is that as a whole was because it was a really inspiration story, the growth of a little boy and a grown man mentoring him, just right for the main audience of kids and family too. You can associate yourself with the characters, the kids or the Onis, humor was done absolutely right and timed right(this doesn't happen often in a franchise called Kamen Rider as far as I'm concerned). It is the first series in the heisei list without Rider Vs Rider fights while having multiple riders, not to mention the main rider isn't a pretty faced girlish boy which let's be honest, really isn't much of a bother but a chance of pace would be nice. The actors, especially Hibiki kinda had a cheerful attractive charm, cept for Todokiri and Hinaka though they did grew on me. Maybe it's also because the monsters, the onis and other details are more well defined than many of the heisei era Riders from the get-go. It was interesting to know their approach, finishers and what type of Oni fight which type of demons.

I was not interested in the show AT ALL until episode 4-5, have you watched through the first 29 episodes? I guess it's the mood you get while watching Hibiki? But at least this is how I feel about it anyways.[/hide]

As for final forms, I don't think I'm really interested, none of the final forms so far interested me. Except Blade and Kuuga's which also interested me in the show. Sad thing about the final forms is that you have to buy two of the same figure and you are left with extra parts.

11. Synch

Synch Member

hibiki has an awesome story personally i can't see why people don't like it

12. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Maybe I'll give Hibiki another go some time. I did watch it all the way through though.

So true about the final forms, but at least in some cases you can get cheaper base bodies that are more accurate in color.

13. musashi03

musashi03 HEROW

It actually had, until the staff changes and the insertion of Kiriya.

I'm not saying I didn't like it, since I also have a special spot in my heart for Hibiki, especially when it comes to

Zanki's death which made me cry like a girl.

But I understand why some people are not into it.

14. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Agree, anything episode the staff change is terrible in my opinion. It is not the Hibiki that I love and knew anymore after episode 30 started. I too understand how some won't be really into the show, especially those who aren't really keen on the idea of using a trumpet, a guitar and drum sticks to fight. Well, at least not until they gave Hibiki a mic sword anyways. >_>

I wonder is there ever going to be a chance that Bandai will release the final forms on their own as a separate figure a la the smaller sized SIC line? Sure is gonna some of us happy and some of us really really pissed and want to commit suicide.

15. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Well they did release Blade King Form in KT format so I don't see why they wouldn't do them all eventually.

16. Synch

Synch Member

yeahh.... I still thought it ended ok though at least in away that I was happy with between hibiki & co ... The only things that annoy me ... are ... how it ends being continued ... & we never do get to see the big final battle ... was really looking forward to seeing that ... & that annoying hibiki sword armor totally pointless that was ... Even Kiriya showed some true feelings at the end and actual growth as a character

17. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Problem with that is the old issues would be completely useless. No one would buy the old versions that can swap armors unless for the base form. It also means those who had bought two of the same set for the two different forms are gonna be raging. There's also the production cost and so and so, doesn't sound like much of a good idea unless you want to please some of the fans of SIC who are not in the higher income rates categories.

18. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Personally, I don't see a problem. They are figures of a different scale aimed at a different kind of collector. I have a few KT figures and they just don't do it for me. There are pros and cons to each line, but I prefer the look of full sized figures.

19. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Oh whoops, think I misunderstood your previous post. What I meant was that for the full sized main SIC line, it's not going to be very practical to release the final forms. I never was talking about the KT :)

20. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

Eh? There are Final forms already released for this line. Den-O had the Chou-Climax form

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.