[TALK] S.I.C. Thread Part Deux

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Mirage_Frost, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamenRiderBritannia

KamenRiderBritannia Lurker

erm...they already have, someones doing 1, midnight crew are doing stronger, and centurykings are almost done with black

2. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

I'm aware of those 3, but I'm really curious about Super-1 and X(whose monster designs intrigues me. Kinda scared me too as a kid)

3. NotHyper

NotHyper Member

Every Showa series has translations ongoing as of this year. V3 is complete, Amazon is complete, ZX is complete. Black is almost finished with three episodes remaining. SkyRider has 10 episodes under it's belt, the first episode of Super-1 is subbed, Order of Zeronos translated 6 episodes of X before they dropped it, though their translations are dubious at best. 17 episodes of the original Kamen Rider are complete.

So yeah, there's no slouching with the Showa series.

4. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

wait a minute, ZX was subbed?!! I do remember someone posted a link to a mediafire account of an impressive list of subbed Showa movies. If I remember correctly ZX's only a movie right?

For ya Akiko haters;

I DIDN'T HEAR ABOUUUUUUUUT THIIISSSSSSSSS!!!!

5. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

So, why are there talks of subs in this thread?

6. Synch

Synch Member

i find the showa stuff to be really awful for the most part compared to todays stuff lol i watched a few subs of sky rider & it was a guy in a hang glider lol at least from what i recall of it it was a while ago ... I'd love to see some modern versions of these riders ... I thought for the 5 seconds we saw of him skyrider was awesome & black & black rx were great as well I loved the different powers they had in decade

7. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

@Dchoc because in HJU we tend to go off topic once in a while when the thread lasts for hundred of pages over. Look at the talk up threads and some of the show discussion threads that could go from Blade to Agito.

@Synch - hm I actually appreciate the showa more, probably because I'm exposed to Ultraman, the miniature figures, the way they had to do things because their technology was not good enough to produce what they envisioned, really gotta give them the credit for it. Not to mention all the bike scenes, Black and Black RX already had those abilities in their own show actually, Kingstone Flash and others. These Riders are after all the roots of Kamen Rider, it'll never be bad to go back and have a look :D

8. Kevthepanda

Kevthepanda Member

One thing I adore about the old shows are the real smoke and explosions! :D

9. RaiDK

RaiDK Supaidaman!

I love that Super-1 so much, wow. So tempting to just grab one, stick it on my desk and send my collecting hobby to the void again.

10. Synch

Synch Member

I know they were made for the times & am sure they were good for what they were then but unless the story grabs me ... So far the only one I've enjoyed for some reason was amazon....

11. RaiDK

RaiDK Supaidaman!

They're hardly fine art, but they're fun for what they are. Except for Black, that show is exceptional.

On topic, how big are SIC figures compared to Figuarts?

12. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Well, if you ask me, I would rather see some explosions in the showa shows rather than some OOO changing form and flying around. It's one of the reason why I love the sweet delicious ending in the Accel Trial vs Weather fight.

SIC are a inch or two taller than the SHF I believe, if you dig around you should find some pictures, or Musashi or dchoc will probably post another.

13. Kevthepanda

Kevthepanda Member

S.I.C.s are on average 7 inches tall.

[​IMG]

14. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

I just noticed that Kiva has big hips!!

15. tom servo

tom servo Member

I was actually curious about that myself. Thanks for posting the pic.

16. dchoc

17. antisomber

antisomber Member

I finally saw fang joker and skull at comic-con yesterday.

Though they both have matte finish (for the black) but the 'white' that they've used for the fang side isn't as attractive as i thought it would be:redface2: So I'll still wait till they release the final product, because I'm not that hyped up to pre-order it anymore,

18. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

19. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Now for them to totally shit on everyone and make a Kamen Rider Joker that has the exact same mold, cept for a Lost Driver. Or Bandai can stop being evil jerks and be cool guys instead and release Kamen Rider Joker with the SIC Hardboiler. Oh hell yeah!

20. dchoc

For me, the SIC CC/JJ set is just a waste. I'm going to wait KRJoker instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.