Taiko554's Pixel Stage

Discussion in 'HJU Art Institute' started by Taiko554, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    New update, Rio and Mele!

[​IMG]

I love these suits. So glad I remade them entirely from scratch. Gokaiger provided me with some new insights to Mele's design I either ignored or didn't see last time I made her. She's also got a heavily sexual innuendo-ized(?) suit. It's pretty funny.

Everything here is my hard work. Please don't touch anything without permission. Thanks.

2. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Zun Zun! Zubaaan!

[​IMG]

Everything here is my hard work. Please don't touch anything without permission. Thanks.

3. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    New update, from GoGoV. Here's the Demon/Juuma Hunters.

[​IMG]

4. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    The final extra hero I wanted to make, Gunmazin/Gunmajin:

[​IMG]

5. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Getting back into some Kamen Rider Pixels.

Fourze Cosmic States!

[​IMG]

6. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    And another quick Fourze update.

Kamen Rider Fourze Meteor Fusion States:
    [​IMG]

Not as bad of a design as it could've been, that's for sure!

7. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    An update on Kamen Rider OOO.

The Panda and Kangaroo medals:
    [​IMG]

Tamashii and Super Tatoba combos:
    [​IMG]

And how I think Super Tatoba and those medals should've worked:
    [​IMG]

8. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    So I've been hard at work the last couple weeks.

The newest Kamen Rider, Wizard!
    [​IMG]
    I dig the designs. Much more than Fourze. It's nice to get back to simplistic forms. The gem aspect of his design is cool and new, and it was challenging to make. Sure, the belt is pretty odd, but it should be an interesting series to watch.

And a big milestone, I've finally finished all of the rangers and heroes from Super Sentai. I won't bore you with each individual pic, but here's the group shot. You can find the individual pieces on my DA page.

[​IMG]
    36 teams, 214 characters. Super Sentai, done.

9. RossoEagleBurst

RossoEagleBurst :v

Home Page:
    Really love your Wizard and the all-Sentai, Datas in there actually cracks me up. :laugh:

Do you have plan making the civilian and weapons of the Go-Busters? Or maybe Akibaranger?

10. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Thanks for the comment! I guess Datas is pretty prominent, huh? He'll get covered up pretty good in a few yeas though. Hopefully.

Civilian forms and weapons of the Go-Busters. I've thought about it, but really don't feel like it. I did the Gokaigers because I really liked the characters and season, but Go-Busters is kinda lacking for me. Jin and J are my favorite parts actually.

Akibarangers, yes. I'll make them sometime, just no immediate plans to do so.

Here's a new idea I came up with. Since the line shares some similarities with a Super Sentai/Power Rangers team, I thought it would be interesting to actually make them into one.
    [​IMG]
    "Legend of Fire! Toa Red!"
    "Legend of Water! Toa Blue!"
    "Legend of Air! Toa Green!"
    "Legend of Earth! Toa Yellow!"
    "Legend of Flowers! Toa Pink!"
    "Legend of Light! Toa Silver!"

"Bionicle Sentai! Toaranger!" (or Power Rangers! Toa Assembled!)

The coloring is is somewhat based on Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger's designs. That's why there's gold lines on their chests and silver 'cuffs' on the arms. I wanted to make the design cater to the sculpting on the actual pieces, rather than kind laid ontop. So any designs in colors follow along ridges and grooves you would find in actual pieces.

Usually I use a six-toned coloring system, sometimes even seven, but this time I went with five, the darkest being an only outline color. It kinda makes it smoother I think and looks a little more like plastic than more shades would have. However, I did have to make darker tones for indentations and shadows, most apparent on the chests.

I didn't want to use the same elements and genders from the Bionicle series. Instead, their gender and color combinations are based on Gokaiger, so red, blue, green, and silver are males while yellow and pink are females. I kinda always thought the Bionicle series was odd for having an ice and water elemental and earth and rock, so I changed that bit up too.

The masks don't mean any special powers or anything. I just made a few and decided who got what. I didn't mean to, but the girls got the Noble Kanohi masks the Turaga had while the guys got the Great Kanohi worn by the first generation Toa.

The black visors are just to make them more similar to a Super Sentai team. I kinda imagine it would just appear atop the masks and show the colors of their eyes rather than be completely opaque.