Taiko554's Pixel Stage

Discussion in 'HJU Art Institute' started by Taiko554, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    No. Violent emotion is on the far right, it's a little lighter and more towards the red hue. It's more of a salmon color compared to the normal Decade's magenta. The DecaDriver's center orb thingy is a darker red color though.
    Haha, thanks very much! They're the best part of Samurai for me.

This is a new idea I've been thinking about for a while, my own original set of heroes. They're a group of people with genetic alterations, known as "Talers", an alteration of the word 'alters'. Talers have various physical abilities beyond normal human beings and their unknown potential serves as a basis for discrimination from normal human beings. There is an international organization known as F.A.E. (Firm for Altered Enforcement) headed by a CEO with a deep hatred for these 'unatural' talers. At various points in their lives, the first six of the seven were abducted by the F.A.E. and were experimented upon to better understand the genetic alterations, but later was found to be increasing the abilities of the six beyond their previous capabilities. Unknown to the six, the F.A.E. had captured a seventh taler, a young boy and experimented heavily upon him. The knowledge that a young child was sunder the F.A.E.'s microscope set the six in motion to break out of the research facility and take the young child with them in order to protect him from further harm. When the seven break out together and move towards freedom, the research facility is completely destroyed, killing most of the F.A.E.'s top researchers and further fueling the anti-Taler sentiment around the world. In the wake of the seven's escape and the destruction of their facility, the F.A.E. looks to support from the private sector to invest more money into persecuting the Talers. The F.A.E. specifically targets a wealthy multi-billionaire who owns a technological firm for his financial and technological support against the Talers. This man has a well-known connection to the Taler community, his wife was killed by one.

It is these circumstances where the story beings. Hunted by the F.A.E., the seven are constantly on the move, defending themselves and other Taler individuals from capture. Their actions have begun to garner them recognition from both the Taler and human side of the battle. They take up the name "The Severed Seven" after several media outlets brand them with the title. They each have incorporate numbers onto their costumes to represent which order they were taken by the F.A.E.

[​IMG]
    1. Dom Clark. Dom's ability is his incredible strength and near indestructibility. To his knownledge, and the F.A.E.'s, there is nothing that can pierce, cut, break, or erode his skin. Dom is the oldest of the Seven and serves as their de facto leader. He is determined to save other Talers from the fate he and his team faced at the F.A.E. At the same time, he bears no ill will to the greater human race and deeply regrets the deaths of those at the research facility when the Seven escaped.
    2. Greg Underwood. Greg's ability is his unbelievable speed. He is able to break the sound barrier with ease and can maintain his average speed for long periods of time. Related to his super speed is his ability to quickly heal from most injuries. He often comes into conflict with Dom, as Greg wants to protect Talers even at the cost of human life. He prefers to act first and then deal with the consequences.
    3. Hanson Peters. His ability is that of flight, able to reach the upper levels of the atmosphere with no health risks. He is also able to create large gusts of wind from the swing of his arms of legs. Hanson is the comedic foil of the group and often plays pranks on the others. He makes light of their situation as heroes to one community and radicals to another. He is also somewhat paranoid, leading to him covering his entire body in material so that he cannot be identified.
    4. Bart Sullivan. He has the most advanced senses of the group, namely sight, hearing and smell. His claws, teeth, and horns are extremely durable and able to tear through just about anything (with Dom's skin being the first known exception). Bart suffers the most from the F.A.E.'s experimentations. He used to look just as normal as other Talers but now has the appearance of a 'white demon'. His appearance is often used for propaganda against Talers, despite his reclusive and peaceful nature.
    5. Sly Leon. He is able to change the density of his body to become more elastic and malleable or rigid. He bears more skin than others so that he is not restrained in his ability to stretch or condense. Sly is the lazy member of the group with a mostly carefree attitude towards the F.A.E. and is often seen sleeping rather than acting.
    6. Sebastian Nelson. Sebastian's ability deals with sound as he is able to create immense, loud, concussive sounds. He has always been intelligent, but the F.A.E.'s experiments augmented his intellect to higher genius levels. He creates the costumes and technology used by the group in their operations and is often the voice of reason and logic.
    7. Donny Paige. Donny is able to open telepathic communication links between the team members, but is not able to read or control minds. His most impressive feat is the ability to control flames although he cannot create them. He is the youngest of the group, and his capture led the first six to rescue him and break out of the F.A.E.'s facility. Due to his ability, he doesn't actually speak, but still acts as a normal innocent child in most circumstances.

The suits are meant to be discreet for night-time missions, with darker colors constant throughout the team. Each costume is also individualized to each member, with combinations of masks, hoods, cowls, or full face masks. The symbol was fun to design. It is a stylized letter 'S' for their group name, the Severed Seven. But, the lower part is also a number 7, falling off the rest of the symbol, being a very literal 'severed seven'.

The Severed Seven are actually based on a well known fairy tale, which will become more apparent as I make more characters of their story. I don't want to say which fairy tale yet, but there are some hints to it in their short descriptions. Props to whoever finds out what fairy tale their based on! Especially if you can figure out who is who and what not. But like I said, I'll be making more of the characters of this story, to include the CEO of the F.A.E., the billionaire tech mogul, the new and strange Taler that comes into the Seven's lives, and the 'footsoldiers' of the F.A.E.
    Besides the fairy tale aspect, the costumes are heavily inspired by the X-men and Fantastic Four movies and other recent super hero flicks. The experimental part with the international organization is a nod to works of Shotaro Ishinomori who created Kamen Rider, Himitsu Sentai Goranger, and Cyborg 009.

I hope you all enjoyed it and look forward to more from this story! Everything here is my hard work. Please don't touch anything without permission. Thanks.

2. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    It's been a while since I did anything pixel related. This is a new Kamen Rider based on some of the rumors I've been reading about the next rider after Fourze. I was reading rumors about a painting-based rider of sort, with a palette-like belt. So I took that and ran with it.

[​IMG]

This is Kamen Rider Gozu/Goes/Go's. Obviosuly about the Japanese word for 5, "go", 五. "Zu", 図, means drawing. So his title is literally Five Drawings. Not exactly paintings, but still centered around the artist theme. As such, he has five forms, based on different elements, and each has its own weapon.

The red form is the Scorching Portrait. This form's element is fire and its weapon is the Scorch Scimitar. This form is designed around triangles and sharper angles.
    The green form is the Quaking Landscape. This form's element is earth and its weapon is the Quake Hammer. This form is designed around quadrangles.
    The indigo form is the Flooding Mural. This form's element is water and its weapon is the Flood Spear. This form is designed around crescent curves.
    The pale purple form is the Whirling Photo. This form's element is wind and its weapon is the Wind Pistol. This form is designed around ovals and circles.
    The white form is the ultimate form, the Shimmering Masterpiece. It's element is light, and the bands around the shoulders and arms can absorb solar radiation and also emit it as a sort of weapon or distraction. Its weapon is the Shimmering Sword, which is able to access the other forms weapons as well, by pushing town the point on the star that corresponds to that weapon. This form is designed around stars and pentagons.

Gozu henshins by using the GoBrush and Palette Driver. He presses the buttons for a form on both the the brush and driver, then swipes the brush over the driver to access the form. The brush then transforms into that forms respective weapon. In order to change forms, Gozu holds the brush end of a weapon, pushes another form's button on the drive, and swipes the weapon across the driver. In the tradition of catchphrases, Gozu says "This is my masterpiece!" before he swipes the brush and says "Henshin!"

I wanted to go more retro with the design, kinda harken back to the simpler designs of Kuuga and Agito for Gozu. Kind of simple black suits with changing armor forms. In that sense, Gozu is also kinda like Den-O, except for the different masks. The design has a lot of sets of five incorporated into it to go along with the theme of five.

Everything here is my hard work. Please don't touch anything without permission. Thanks.

3. Khaiden

Khaiden Heroes are forever

Home Page:
    Great design, and GREAT concept.

I'm telling you, don't be surprised if the next Rider has that exact name.

4. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Thanks very much! I figured a name with a 'Z' sound was a safe bet due to recent years.

Getting back into canon stuff, here's Kamen Rider Meteor Storm and his shaft weapon.

[​IMG]

Everything here is my hard work. Please don't touch anything without permission. Thanks.

5. syer1001

syer1001 The Emperor of the Last Empire

Home Page:
    that was fast...did you already made this before Gozu?

6. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    It's mostly just recoloring, so there wasn't much new to make besides editing the helmet spikes and the Storm Shaft. Thanks for the comment.

Big sentai dumb today, lots of pictures.

First off, some of Gai's Gokai Changes.
    [​IMG]

And continuing back in time for more Sentai teams, Dekaranger, Abaranger, and Hurricaneger:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And an updated big pic of all the teams I've done so far, Hurricaneger through Go-Busters:
    [​IMG]

7. MagiPink

MagiPink Princess of Equesteria

Again your work is still amazing and inspiring to me at times resume on working on pixel art like that. And again, I love that one you did for me awhile back too, still my favorite. Awesome work my friend. :thumbs:

8. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Thanks very much! You should resume pixel art! It's enjoyable, for me at least.

Still going backwards in Sentai!:

Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger
    [​IMG]
    Mirai Sentai Timeranger
    [​IMG]
    Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoV
    [​IMG]

9. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Here's Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!

[​IMG]

More Sentai stuffs to come soon!

10. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    New update for Super Sentai.

Denji Sentai Megaranger.
    [​IMG]
    and their evil versions, Jaden Sentai Nejiranger.
    [​IMG]

11. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Next Super Sentai team, Gekisou Sentai Caaaaaranger!

[​IMG]

Went ahead and added in Signalmanand VRV Master as well. Only Signalman gets the extra hero credentials by Gokaiger's standards, but I figured VRV Master should be included. His design is more badass in my opinion anyway.

12. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Next up, Chouriki Sentai Ohranger!
    [​IMG]
    Halfway through Super Sentai teams!

13. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    New team and new baddies! Just bad little kittycats.

Ninja Sentai Kakuranger!...along with Ninjaman and Samuraiman.
    [​IMG]

and the Hanarangers/Flowery Kunoichi Team, Hana no Kunoichi Gumi, etc.
    [​IMG]

14. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Gosei Sentai Dairanger!
    [​IMG]
    One of my favorite designs, roll calls, helmets, fight scenes, etc. Just a great series. Happy to finally get around to making them.

15. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Another new update as I go back, Zyuranger and a couple updated group pics. The group pics are gonna cram the post's borders a little, but at least they'll be full sized.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Returning to current Sentai squads. Really current! Here's Beet and Stag Busters! Gotta be my favorite part of Go-Busters so far. They're not boring like the other human/buddyroid partners and actually have some interesting aspects to them.

[​IMG]

And now all five together:
    [​IMG]

17. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    The inheritor of the Red Souls! AkaRed!

Well, at least the inheritor until he died in Marvelous' flashbacks. So maybe Marvelous will be the new AkaRed in the next anniversary season/VS movie. Or you know, Toei will just revive him because that's what they do.
    [​IMG]
    On the left, the Boukenger 30th Anniversary suit. On the right, the Gokaiger 35th Anniversary suit.

18. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Doing some extra heroes now. Rather, doing characters who can fight as humanoids on both a human-sized scale and a gigantic scale.

Here's Datas from Goseiger.
    [​IMG]

19. RossoEagleBurst

RossoEagleBurst :v

Home Page:
    Totally love the All Sentai pic, can't wait you make everyone until Goranger. :thumbs:
    And that Datas really cool too, are you going to make the Buddyroids?

20. Taiko554

Taiko554 Member

Home Page:
    Thanks. I thought I'd be able to get them all done by the end of June, but I'm realizing that's not going to happen.
    As for the buddyorids, I have no intention to make them right now. Maybe much, much later when I've completed every other character from Sentai I want to make, but right now, they're not part of the plan.

Here's another robohero. Go Roader GT.
    [​IMG]
    I've made him once before, but I think this version is a whole lot better. I'm much more pleased with the way it turned out this time.