Stuff You Miss in Tokusatsu - What Haven't We Had in a While?

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by Keith Justice, Jan 23, 2012.

1. The_Next!!!

The_Next!!! Member

- Older vocalists such as Miyauchi or Sasaki singing at least an insert theme.
    - Crossover heroes respecting their elders.
    - Older VAs like Iizuka Shozo being featured in Rider series as villains.
    - A villain force like the Shine Shine Dan or Neros Empire that is somehow integrated into society
    - Hired guns attacking the hero and later turning on the main baddies. A good example of this would be Iguana and Death Mantis from Rainbowman

2. live jetabare

live jetabare Member

- Miyauchi has sung insert songs in Goseiger, Shinkenger and Gokaiger
    - Kamen Rider Fourze villains= school staff; what more could you ask ? And how about the Museum in KR W?
    - Basco says Hi to you

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  3. live jetabare

live jetabare Member

Lazycoconut: who are your favorites sentai villainesses? let me guess some of them: Shelinda, Dinas, Mazenda, Farrah, Ahames, Sheema, Nefel, Gara, Igam, Shibolena, Maria, anyone Machiko Soga plays, and perhaps Doldora, Kirika, Jarmin, Mazurka, Chimera, Tsue Tsue and Jannu

4. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

I like all of those

My criteria for any good Sentai villain/ess is "actually does something menacing" and "not just there for fanservice purposes" (including the guys - Rio fell into this territory dangerously often)

5. knightphoenix2

knightphoenix2 Member

Time To Get Back Into The 21st Century, Folks!

For starters, I'd like to see an Ultraman continue to remain with his team, with his powers intact when the show ends.

Or, an Ultraman who retires to a normal life, instead of being killed off!

Considering the excitement that AKB48 is bringing to the Ultra franchise, I'd like to see an all-female Super Sentai team, or a red female leader.

And, while we're on that subject, let the ladies wear pants, instead of miniskirts and tights.

6. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

QFT. Can we lose the short shorts as well?

Along that line:

- Casts that look ordinary, instead of like idols. I know toku has always cast idols as the heroes, but you'll never see a cast full of country kids like the Gingamen or Kakurangers again.
    - Older casts, instead of all the heroes being 16-23ish. This is starting to get better in recent years with the casting of Shotaro, Date and BlueBuster.

7. Burkion

Burkion SLICE

Sounds like you two would like the original UltraSeven and Ultraman. No skirts or short shorts there for the ladies.

8. Tokuboy

Tokuboy Kuuguitar

I dunno - the trend for Sentai casts is for the heroes to be as exotic as possible (Samurai with magic kanji! Guardian angels! Human alien pirates!) and it shows that the last relatively normal cast we got was in Go-onger, and that was freaking Go-onger.

9. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

You know what? I miss heroes who doesn't have a form change and have to rely on wits and brute strength. Even sentais nowadays have forms changing.

10. kakeru1986

kakeru1986 Member

I want a show without 215485 movies.
    And I want movies that have no exclusive power-ups/forms/stories that influence the main story arc.
    I just want a show to stand by itself.

11. kakeru1986

kakeru1986 Member

Was watching Maskman (again) this week, and I forgot the one thing I definitely want back in Sentai:
    Earrings on the helmets of the girls. I really like it !

12. Shougo B'Stard

Shougo B'Stard Would like to change his avatar

Home Page:
    This might seem unimportant to most fans, but I miss Suzuki motorcycles. All of the great toku motorcycles were Suzuki, IMO, and ever since Toei switched over to Honda, bikes have looked like big, ugly cars.

13. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

^Was the Trychaser a Suzuki bike? I remember Agito's bike was a honda...right?

14. Shougo B'Stard

Home Page:
    I don't think the Trychaser was a Suzuki (but it was similar to the types of bikes I miss in toku), but, yeah, Agito was when they switched to Honda.

15. Basri RX

Basri RX Prism Flash!

Home Page:
    I also miss seeing the word being pasted so clearly and visible on the Riders'/heroes' bikes. :laugh: Its like wanting to tell the monsters and other characters, "Hey, look, my bike has a Suzuki brand!" :D

16. Shougo B'Stard

Home Page:
    ^ :laugh: The best is when the Suzuki's just out in the open on what's supposed to be a weird space/futuristic bike. Like what's Spielban doing with a Suzuki?

And awesome banner, man! :buttrock:

17. MattComix

MattComix Super Moderator

IIRC the Try-Chaser was a GasGas Pampera.

18. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

In that case, we need more GasGas Pampera!!