So Power Rangers ain't dead!

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Aoi Kurenai, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

2. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Lurker

Well I don't know if you could really say re-airing MMPR is not dead. We still won't be getting anymore new episodes. Even if the episodes are being remastered, there's not a whole lot they can add to them without spending a fortune.

3. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

I got the gist that it was a new series with the same name (ala Kamen Rider and Skyrider)

4. Arkvoodle

Arkvoodle Member

Time will tell just how "New" this is.

But if we do indeed get more Zords out of it then I'm all for it.

5. HenshinRenegade

HenshinRenegade Member

New PR is dead. THAT we know for sure. Glad to see that MMPR is re-airing. Plus there will be a new opening sequence to the show.

6. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

Yeah, I figured that it wouldn't be dead. It's funny how quick people hit the panic button in this fandom. :laugh:

I for one am glad for this news, because I never owned a DX Megazord or Dragon Zord, it'll be great to have one without having to shell out big bucks for it.

7. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Lurker

Tony Oliver said a while back that they were working on remastering the show so I'm sure this is all it is. According to Lisa J on RB, we're getting a new opening though. I have to wonder what else they'll add. I could see them re-filming some of the morphed footage.

8. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

THIS is what MMPR will be in 2010

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ZRRqxNDbc[/ame]

9. Quark

Quark Bandito Shake Cometh

Honestly? I'm happy to see this. Seeing Shinkenger, a few years of nostalgia is fine with me. New line of action figures? All the better.

10. Wheatley

Wheatley DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!

This isn't exactly new. They're basically doing the same thing Hasbro did with Transformers recently. The only difference is that Disney will actually re-air MMPR on ABC Kids in 2010, with the footage being remastered if the rumor is true.

They're doing this because they want to recapture the popularity that Power Rangers had during the early 90's since it hasn't worked with the other incarnations.

My thoughts exactly.

11. Shirubaa

Shirubaa Lurker

New opening??? What the hell? Why would they do that?

12. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

-scoffs- My thoughts exactly.

13. Wheatley

Not a new opening. A remastered MMPR unedited and cleaned up.

Kinda like how Transformers G2 when it was the same exact episodes as G1 but with CG effects.

14. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Lurker

More like, they're doing this to save massive loads of cash. Kids will still buy the toys just like they're new and Disney won't have to pay nearly as much for it.

15. shinkenblack

shinkenblack Lurker

Can't we get a Shinkenger adaptation?

16. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

No. Shinkenger is way too Japanese for it's own good, and Disney are of the beleif MMPR will make more money without costing them a lot. Good buisness.

17. ForeverRed

ForeverRed has left HJU. Not coming back.

Unedited would be awesome in MMPR season 1.

18. Quark

Quark Bandito Shake Cometh

At the very least, this will give Disney some lead time if they did want to adapt Shinkenger. We'll have LEAD TIME again.

What a concept.

19. Wheatley

I'd say both. They wanna save lots of money AND bring back the fame Power Rangers once had. That would make TON$ of Profit$!

And if this does spectacular, Disney might do a CG or animated remake/reboot. A live-action remake would be less likely.

20. DarkBlaze

DarkBlaze Member

Wow, I wasn't ecpecting this...at all. I'll finally be able to see evey episode of MMPR from start to finish. :D