SIC Kiwami Tamashii

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by dvillangelo, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

It's a prototype pic, hence why Gouram is completely unpainted. I guess they just used regular Mighty as a stand in, since Rising is little more than a repaint anyway.

I'm happy to see more KT's, but I'll be more excited when we see Amazing Mighty, Ultimate or the other Rising forms. Any guesses on what the next regular release will be?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Member

With the first half of the year taken up by Kuuga, my guess is that the late '13 releases will move on to a different show. Probably either Kiva or Kabuto since they're the only two older Heisei shows that haven't been touched yet. My guess is Kiva since SIC as a line doesn't seem to have much time for Kabuto.

3. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    I noticed that too, but the katakana definitely says "Kuuga Rising Mighty", as well as "Rising Beat Gouram" - it looks like, from the prototype pictures, that it might include the Beat Chaser as well as Gouram and Rising Mighty Kuuga.

EDIT: It indeed says "Beat Chaser 2000" several times. It also says..... battle lamp? I don't know, my Japanese isn't that good, but that's what I'd say it says. Which makes no sense to me. That's followed by the word "gimmick" surrounded by a whole bunch of kanji that I can't read. But the first bullet point (or, uh, giant white arrow head), or at least the part I can read, says "Mighty Form and Beat Chaser-2000", then something surrounding the word "item", then "sure", which could be "make" or "to" or "be" (suggesting a conversion/transformation?), followed by "Rising Mighty".

That vertical text on the left side says "Raising Shield", followed by a word that I can't make any sense of ("yariakauru"?). It does on to mention another word I can't make any sense of, them the Gouram again, and finally, the Try Chaser 2000. The text on the right side in the little box indeed confirms that the set is Rising Mighty Kuuga and Rising Beat Gouram, so I have no idea what the rest is all about. I look forward to actually learning kanji this year...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  4. MadDemon64

MadDemon64 Member

Hey, I just bought Agito Trinity Form and was trying him out and everything was going ok until I tried moving one of this hands.

It was stuck in the socket and any I managed to break it (not entirely, the hand is still attached to the ball that is in the socket, but it is obvious that it is broken).

I honestly don't know whether to hope that this is a common issue, that I had bad luck, or that I royally screwed up. Can someone help me?

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Member

I had that happen with my Garo KT. The ball stayed stuck in the socket while the hand popped right off. I had to dig it out with an exacto knife. Never had that problem with another figure, but Agito's hands do tend to get a little stuck in there. I usually wiggle them around to loosen them up first before I pop the hand out of the socket.

I hope it's just the fist and not one of the weapon-holding hands. Those are kind of essential to the toy.

6. MadDemon64

MadDemon64 Member

It's the fist. The default fist the figure came packaged with. I was suggested to dig it out with tweezers, but the figure still has its hand attached to the ball, making it near impossible to get to the ball. I'm just curious about this because I also own a Wolf Orphnoc KT that did not have any problems with the balls sticking in the joint. Do issues like this also crop up in other SIC KTs like Den-O, Decade, and/or Momotaros?

Also, how the heck am I supposed to get that halberd into that open weapon holding fist?

7. MadDemon64

MadDemon64 Member

Ok, so I got a replacement, the SIC KT Agito Ground Form. Everything was going fine, until I tried using the right open hand. It didn't swivel properly, and I did not have this problem with any of the other hands. I barely managed to get the hand out of the socket when I looked at it and realized that the peg was twisting/snapping, and all it probably needs to completely break is one more insert/remove cycle. Either I have shit luck when it comes to SIC KT figures (even though these problems did not crop up with SIC KT Wolf Orphnoc), I did something HORRIBLY wrong, or Bandai just hates Agito. Are there quality control issues with the SIC KT Agito figures I am not aware of?

8. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    I'd say you have shit luck. I have every single Agito KT and have had no problems. Seriously though, I've heard of these problems before, but I don't they're very widespread (unless you're buying the Garo ones - I've heard that they have quality control out the ass, so I'd recommend that you buy Figuarts if you want Garo).

Any retailer you bought it from should exchange it for free (heck, HLJ will send you a new one for free if you send them a photo). These sort of manufacturing errors DO happen. I know there have been Figmas with hands that have ended up glued in place out of the package. I had one of them (although the replacement pieces I got from Goodsmile, whilst not glued together, were still tight, and I had to run them under hot water for a little bit to get the hand free of the arm), so I know it definitely sucks.

I'd recommend that next time you get a figure with very hard-to-move hands, that you run them under hot water for 30 seconds or so, so that the hand loosens up (also, detaching and reattaching the hands will help loosen the ball socket). The rest of the joints on KTs are usually fine, though, and are stiff straight out of the package, until you start working them.

9. MadDemon64

MadDemon64 Member

NOOOO! I was gonna get the Garo one next!

10. Glamador

Glamador Member

All the SIC-ish GARO lines seem to have QC issues. Makai Kado, SIC KW, and Equip & Prop. My Equip & Prop Taiga + Gouten had 3 broken parts out of the box, one of them being the horse's neck socket.

QC is just something you kinda have to live with though. My SIC Super-1's right ankle won't swivel so he's confined to his stand forever. I think it's something about the soft plastics the SIC lines use.

11. HenshiNDUT_M11

HenshiNDUT_M11 ヒビキラッ☆

Home Page:
  12. Shynilyte

Shynilyte Shyni

Home Page:
    Wonder if we'll ever see a Figuarts Gouram. Then again, even Figuarts bikes have become a bit of a rarity for older Riders... :(

13. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    Try running Super-1's ankle under hot water for a bit if you haven't. It might help loosen it up. Also, as I said before, joints are often tight at first and you just need to break them in (without actually breaking it, and it's hard to tell which is going to happen, to be fair). My Super-1 is fine, and I've got to say, it'd be a damn shame if you can't get yours working right, because that figure is fantastic.

By the way, I may not have been able to afford the Den-Liner set at the time (which I regret - I'll have to track it down some day), but at least that was worth it. Am I the only one who thinks Gouram is WAY too pricey, even for an exclusive?

14. Glamador

Glamador Member

When all is said and done, the DenLiner set is pretty much just a box with a couple playbits inside. If you look at it, there's maybe...what, 8 molded panels total? 2 walls, a floor, a table mold, a bench mold, things to hold up the tables, things to hold up the benches, and the bar.

Maybe I'm overestimating the difference in complexity, but it looks to Glam like DenLiner would be comparatively easy to put together...so maybe there's a cost difference which affects the price.

15. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    But the Den-Liner set comes with the other three of the four Den-O Imagin, which feature new moulding, and a whole bunch of accessories for all four (accessories for the separately-sold Momotaros as well). So three figures plus the playset stuff, and then.... Gouram.

16. Mikomatsing

Mikomatsing Member

Home Page:
    Got my trychaser last week. Pretty happy with it, Thinking of skipping the Rising Mighty + Beat Gouram and just grab Gouram, since I got the other forms set on pre-order and not really hoping they'll release rising forms (for the sake of saving my own money lol)

[​IMG]

17. Glamador

Glamador Member

Where did you pre-order from? I've never been in a position to pre-order much of anything and just lucked out on my SIC Tajador. I don't see the 3-pack on any site other than Big Bad Toy Store for a...rather enormous markup.

It used to be on this site: http://hobbyjapan.ocnk.net/

But it suddenly disappeared one day. I had it bookmarked to pre-order it and it said it had 23 stock remaining and then just poof, gone.

18. Mikomatsing

Mikomatsing Member

Home Page:

Ordered the Kuuga forms set from a local retailer/shop: Arigatoys the orders closed last January though the pre-order for gouram is still up I think. They release orders about a month after the regular release.

19. Mikomatsing

Mikomatsing Member

Home Page:
    Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I kinda wish they'd revisit the Agito line and make the other riders like G3 or Gills. It probably won't be for a while but It would be great to have an official G3 to hang out with my ground form agito. though I'm still fine with making my own like I did with Gills.

[​IMG]

20. Glamador

Glamador Member

Ohey it's you. You do that micromatsing blog don't you? Neat stuff. Would be nice to be able to sculpt.

The only things I've ever pre-ordered in the past have been games. And I usually wait until a month before the release or sooner to pre-order, since I want to make an informed purchase. And because giving stores an effective bond with a 0 coupon and no interest isn't financially adviseable over longer periods than that.

So...my question is, when it comes to SICs (and other figures, I suppose) what is the best time to pre-order? Is it common for pre-orders on sites to disappear like on that site I linked, even when they were listed as having stock the day before? Should one pre-order as soon as something is available?