SIC Kiwami Tamashii

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by dvillangelo, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Shynilyte

Shynilyte Shyni

Home Page:
    Uh, have you ever seen the S.I.C. logo? It says "Super Imaginitive Chogokin". You can still see those words on the Tamashii Nations website (although they're a bit tiny there).

Nothing says it has to stick with Ishinomori-related characters. Or else there wouldn't have been those KT Garo figures. Even if the line ever was referred to as "Shotaro Ishinomori Creation" or whatever, Bandai are evidently able to ignore that. Actually most modern Rider series didn't have Ishinomori work on them either, so post-JAKQ sentai are about as Ishinomori-related as say... Den-o or Kiva. Maybe not quite, but Sentai is a franchise that spun off from Ishinomori's work, and current-day KR is the same too.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. HenshiNDUT_M11

HenshiNDUT_M11 ヒビキラッ☆

Home Page:
    And did you read I put the word "also" on that post of mine?:sly:

I know what SIC really stands for (and it's also not Imaginitive:p), "Shotaro Ishinomori Character" is unofficial name that fans/collectors came up with because SIC is mostly consist with character that created by Shotaro Ishinomori. Kikaider, Hakaider, Robot Keiji K, Robocon, Inazuman, Ninja Arashi, Akumaizer 3, etc all of them are characters created by him.

From what I know, unlike Kamen Rider who until this day still considered as part of Ishinomori creation, only Goranger and JACKQ that credited to be his works while Battle Fever onward aren't. That's why until I-forgot-when-exactly, Goranger and JACKQ haven't acknowledged to be part of Super Sentai franchise. And it's also the reason why Akaranger and Momoranger could be made on SIC Takumi-Damashii line.

And regarding Garo, do you realize it's under "GARO Kiwami-Tamashii" line, not "SIC Kiwami-Tamashii"? Search the Tamashii Web, it's on different product brand. Do you also know before Kiwami-Tamashii line is created, there's a line named Equip & Prop? It's also manufactured by Bandai, with Takeya as the sculptor (one of the main sculptor of SIC), same scale and redesign concept with SIC too but it has equipping gimmick.

Of course I'm not saying characters not created by Shotaro Ishinomori couldn't be made into SIC, but so far, that how it works. I'd be happy to see Sentai made into SIC too, you know. I also have some favorite characters on Sentai franchise after all:thumbs:

3. Shynilyte

Shynilyte Shyni

Home Page:
    Well, if it's just a fan-made term and not official, then it wouldn't have any bearing on what Bandai can do. Plus, it's a bit inaccurate anyway, since Ishinomori didn't work on Ryuki, Kabuto, or any Heisei KR series besides Kuuga and the basis for Hibiki.

4. HenshiNDUT_M11

HenshiNDUT_M11 ヒビキラッ☆

Home Page:
    He's not, but they still give him credit. See each opening of Heisei Kamen Rider, they all have Shotaro Ishinomori name on the beginning.
    [​IMG]

Thus, it's still (considered, at least) his characters. But this is not the case on Super Sentai.

5. Shynilyte

Shynilyte Shyni

Home Page:
    I guess the lack of Ishinomori credit on Sentai is why there was that little hubbub regarding Saburo Hatte?

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Member

He may be a bit shorter, but he doesn't look as badly out of scale as Kuuga - you can definitely see it in the photos of the two together. Thank goodness. I was afraid Kuuga's size was going to be the new standard.

7. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

8. TheJacked

TheJacked You & I need Rorschach

In all the reviews the Jap written reviews i've seen, the Ridebooker is fixed upside-down on Decade's belt. Heck, same goes on the box.
    From my eyes, the the plughole on the Ridebooker is near to the guntip so I guess it's not a prob to make it look right just by turning it.
    Unless the plughole is near the handle...:disappoin

9. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

10. dchoc

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[HIDE][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]

11. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    Aaaaaaand more exclusives. Ugh. The worst part is that I"m going to end up buying these. Because I'm a sucker, and a would-be KT completionist if 1) Blaster Form Faiz wasn't IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of any more, and 2) there weren't stupid releases such as Nega Den-O and clear Momotaros. I couldn't afford the Den-Liner set at the time (and I still regret that), but I bought the Agito exclusives. They're nice, and I'm glad I have them, but I'm not too keen on paying that sort of amount of money again. If I paid the same amount for these three, I think it'd be much better. It just kinda sucked to spend NZ$100, have them arrive, get all excited, then open the box and remember how small KTs are. I mean, they're GORGEOUS, but they're still tiny figures.

I've still got Decade sitting in my Private Warehouse over on HLJ. I should probably ship him soon. He probably won't arrive in time for Christmas buy the time I can afford to ship all the crap that I've bought. Oh well. He does look better than Kuuga in terms of scale, but yeah, still short..... Kuuga definitely gets a little more much-needed height if you do the ball-joint swap with Faiz, and I will stand by that as something that you entirely must do if you own both. I was skeptical about it even being worth the effort (and I mean effort. Those ball-joints are tight as hell. You'll probably need pliers. Yes, that means they're gonna get marked. Not much you can do, though), but it definitely is.

I presume the RideBooker is like it is to give the left leg more clearance (something that can be a problem if you don't move it otherwise - look at the Figuarts version. I assume the larger SIC is the same, too. It's not really a problem - just more of a design thing that doesn't translate well from suit to action figure). The tip appears to be near the gun barrel, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Member

I got Faiz's out without much trouble, but yeah, Kuuga's was a bitch and a half. I had to get pliers out, too, and even then it took a lot of effort. The worst part was that I ended up popping his right arm off and I've never been able to get it to fully pop solidly all the way back into the socket, meaning it still pops out with minimal jostling. Not as bad as Zero's biceps or Blade's elbow, but it really annoys me.

13. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    Yeah, Kuuga's was definitely the harder of the two to remove. I don't remember if I needed pliers for Faiz or not, but I agree, Kuuga's ball-joint to a hell of a lot of work to remove.

Thankfully, mine didn't have any limbs pop off (and all my Blade KTs have no problems either), but that effect part just won't attach. The hole in the flame effect is too small and not deep enough for it to peg in. Every time I try to peg it in, it ends up flying across the room, which takes me ages to find because it's clear plastic.

Now it's back in the box, which would be my other complain - the box doesn't shut perfectly flush, and it's very flimsy (mine has a bit of a tear in it from when I first opened it). I'm also wondering why he doesn't have clenched hands for holding stuff, considering that the next KT (after Decade, technically, even though he's already out) is the Try-Chaser. Maybe it'll include the necessary hands for him to ride it. I hope so.

Ultimately, Kuuga is nice, but I think he's one of the weakest so far (although the Hibiki trio have problems of their own, but they're still nicely scaled and have a bunch of accessories).

14. updatedude

updatedude Member

Not a great shop but oh well.

[​IMG]

15. dchoc

16. HenshiNDUT_M11

HenshiNDUT_M11 ヒビキラッ☆

Home Page:
    Rising Mighty & Rising Gouram Set | TW Exclusive, TBA
    [HIDE][​IMG][/HIDE]

17. Glamador

Glamador Member

Oh no. I want a Gouram...and that 3-pack of Kuuga's that's coming out is gonna be mine for sure....but that looks like it's going to be expensive.

On an unrelated note, that Decade up there looks like he's permanently shrugging and/or flexing. What the hell is up with that thick, short neck?

18. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    I want Gouram, too. I find Rising Mighty to be a pointless addition. Sure, it's a different Kuuga form, but only barely, and it just increases the price of Gouram.

As for Decade, he looks better in person, but he does indeed have an awkward-looking head. Unfortunately, it's not going to look much better if you modify it. I contemplated it, but I think it'd probably end up looking worse, rather than better.

19. Glamador

Glamador Member

Rising Mighty? It looks like plain old Mighty Kuuga to me in the picture up there.

20. dchoc

You are right. I don't see the shin guard.