Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Shinobi 39: "The Son of Kibaoni, Mangetsu, Appears!"

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by Toku Prime, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[​IMG]

Oh hey, you know how Kasumi is the only member of this cast that people seem to like?
    Maybe we should give her something to do?

Kibaoni's son has finally arrived and he's after the sweet, sweet taste of ninja fear. Also, Kasumi gets so mad she remembers that PeonMaru, UFOmaru and Surfermaru all exist. Most importantly, we get another demonstration that the actors in these shows can actually give a performance if you provide them with some material to work with.

2. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

She's the best actress of the bunch really. Kasumi episodes tend to be the best, but Kasumi really shouldve gotten Chousetzu.

3. HurricaneDragon

HurricaneDragon Member

She's definitely been my favorite of the five all throughout. I do appreciate that they at least gave a reason that is in line with her character, so it could make sense narratively even if it's clear they just didn't want to give it to her, which is a damn shame.

Did this episode seem weird to anyone else in the beginning though? Like, they didn't make it clear enough when they were describing the plan with the cakes that at first I was expecting them to flash back to the house at any second and have it be them still explaining the plan/imagining it.

4. Zensrive

Zensrive New Member

Kasumi?
    She's the reason I stick with Ninninger.

5. Photon

Photon Shining~

- You know, it's kinda funny that Gengetsu himself is still shadowed out in the opening by episode 39, yet we already have his son making a debut. At this rate Gengetsu himself will finally show up only to be finished, in just 2 episodes lol

- The small scene of Yoshitaka thinking the plan still sounds ridiculous is interesting. An implication that this time Kasumi's plan will fail for once.

- Interesting that for the "inside helmet" scene for Kasumi keeps her wig.

- The night talk scene is always one of the best scene in Ninninger.

- Untransformed fight from Kasumi, and she's clearly doing well at it~

- I like how in this episode they mixed the position a bit with the call, Kinji is on the left instead of the right, and this time Kasumi is in the middle.

- Too bad Kasumi didn't wear the Transcendent armor - I bet many would want to see her wearing the armor too. She is the only one to not wear it.....

- I find it weird that Transcendence Mega Hot Sword Storm doesn't have CGI background. For a finisher using the Mega Hot Sword AND the Transcendence Brace, it looks a bit weak without the additional CGI

- Also, full version of the OP theme, on a Kasumi episode of all episodes. I find that hilarious somehow :laugh:

- yay promotion for old toys :laugh:
    By the way, apparently this is the first time she pilots Shurikenjin?

Also, looks like next episode has something about Kasumi again? Which kinda explain the weird ending in this episode where Kasumi seems to be worrying about something.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  6. Solari

Solari New Member

Yeah, the part where the imagination and the plan being carried out mixed and was a bit unclear at first.

Anyway, looks like Mangetsu will shake things up a bit.

7. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

...especially as one of the first few episodes had a MotW create a giant illusion of him that gave us a really good look at the suit :sweat:

8. HurricaneDragon

HurricaneDragon Member

Honestly, I have to wonder if Mangetsu wasn't planned. The whole youth schtick of his mom just seemed like her being vain initially, and now suddenly it has this "explanation" of how she was getting ready to give birth, but considering he's not in the opening bit there, I really wonder.