Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Episode 8 - The Fuuka That Leapt Through Time

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by kuroihikari, Apr 19, 2015.

1. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Episode 8 - The Nekomata That Leapt Through Time

[​IMG]

Fuuka deals with an unexpected home visit from her high school classmates.

=========================================

There's a few more screencappable moments in this episode (where Fuuka shows us that she is indeed Takaharu's little sister), but well, I'm too lazy.

It was exactly the resolution I expected. After all, they're Ninja who don't remain hidden, so screw secret identities. A quite funny episode, too. From Kasumi and Yakumo's failed attempts at making themselves scarce, to Fuuka's multiple kickings of Takaharu to the curb had me laughing out loud

Great episode for Fuuka.

EDIT: And yeah, awesome reference in the episode title.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. cobabooy

cobabooy Lurker

This episode is what Fuuka needed, she's been overshadowed by Takaharu for too long and now she finally got out of the shell. Also, it seems that they will find the End Shuriken next week. I wonder will we get an early introduction of the big boss like Zed last year?
    P/S: And where has Gabi gone to? I almost forgot that he hasn't appeared for two weeks

3. Liac0s

Liac0s Member

Awesome episode. Enjoyable and of course we get to see Fuuka more! Plus, now she is into becoming a ninja again.

Also, are they going to have a plot point episode (with the End Shuriken), a focus episode (on Yakuno) and a debut episode (of our 6th warrior) in one episode??????

4. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

Is it me or is this show getting better? This was a pretty good focus episope compared to what Kasumi and Nagi got!

And I really hope next episode doesn't blow it...

5. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

I've liked it since the second episode. My only problem so far is that Takaharu's actor's bad acting can get very distracting at times, so I can't blame people if it throws them out of the show.

This episode has a couple of examples, the most glaring of which for me was when Fuuka was scaring kid!Fuuka with Yokai hands. Her execution was great, while Takaharu's was entirely robotic. It's bad when a 20+ year old actor is being shown up by a 16 year old (who isn't all that great to begin with).

6. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

I think it was MEANT to be unconvincing in this instance though, but I agree with the bad acting.

7. cobabooy

cobabooy Lurker

We should be patient with Takaharu's actor, he still has a whole year to improve (much like how I felt about Alata and Hiromu's actors)

8. Kamen Rider Kaixa

Kamen Rider Kaixa New Member

Is it me, or has the 6th ranger been introduced very early?

He gets hinted in the 8th ep, and then will show up in the 9th.

WTF?

9. Byg4299

Byg4299 Member

I'm surprised not many people are talking in this thread considering how many people were clamoring for episodes not focusing on Takaharu. Well they got it and it was awesome. Seriously i hope Ninninger can keep up the same amount of focus and pacing that was in this episode as that's the biggest problem Ninninger has so far. In terms of the technical aspects such as the fight scenes i already found it better that Toqger. I also do like how events from previous episodes do play a part or least get a mention in future episodes.

10. Photon

Photon Shining~

I personally think Fuuka's change of mind is kinda rushed (that's it? Just because she saw few seconds moment of her past self being happy about becoming a ninja?)

Also, she totally should have took the shrine seat away since the beginning of the robot battle.

But eh, it's still a great Fuuka episode. Nagi also got a few good moments in this episode.

11. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

As one of the people who've been complaining about this a lot, yeah, I was very happy with this episode (just didn't get around to watching it until now). Fuuka's realisation that she must still want to be a ninja because that's what she wanted as a kid was a little unrealistic, but it was fun having her try to deal with being at school and hiding her ninja identity. There was a lot of fun little moments, hopefully the idea isn't completely dropped after this and it was nice just to see the show focus on someone besides Taka. He had plenty to do in the plot, he just didn't completely overshadow everyone else like he has previously.

This was a much better balance and a much better direction for the show.

12. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Nin 8:

- Putting aside the horridness of Shunsuke Nishikawa's acting, I'm kind of disappointing in Taka's role so far as the elder sibling. I don't expect him to be a complete retread of Gaku (FiveRed) or Matoi (GoRed), it's good to have variety, but he seems too much on the other end of the "maturity" spectrum.

- Remember when Sentai monster did more than mildly annoy people?

- You're on fire for a game of hide-and seek? Shut up, you stupid hothead. :redface2:

- If Nagi is younger than Fuuka, why is he calling her "chan" instead of "onee-san/chan"? Yakumo calls Kasumi that.

- People in Japan actually eat sushi, not just Americans shopping Japanese cuisine? Shocking!

- Suddenly this episode reminds me of Shougeki Gouraigan with the at-home antics.

- Yes, the shuriken is going to be in a bookshelf with minimal security -__-

Why does this guy keeping going to the past to find the shuriken? Can't he just go the place where it was last stored?

- You just figured out now that you time traveled? You've seen him do that before! It should be obvious.

- How was the clock not destroyed all the other times they did their finishers on him?

- Nice to see Wanmaru do some solo action. Too bad it was so brief.

By the way, to the auxilary Otomonin have costumes or are they just CGI? I'd like to see them do more than just one flying attack before combining. They have their own robot modes; they shouldn't be wasted.

- Why the hell is Starninger appearing already?? is Bandai in that much of a rush to shill its junk?

And is this guy supposed to be American or a Japanese living in America? If the former, it would've been great to get Kane Kosugi back. His English lines would probably still be dumb, but at least they'd be intelligible.

13. Photon

Photon Shining~

That cat is a time traveler, not a space warper.

Besides, it's kinda impossible to go to the exact place, since even Izayoi only knew it was last seen in the Dojo but she doesn't know the current exact location.

14. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

You mean the dojo can move? Is there an Unplottable Charm on it? We saw Garfield tear the ninjas' home apart looking for it; wouldn't that mean that all they'd have to do is go to the last known location of the shuriken and search there? If the current location isn't known, how is time traveling going to help them? They'd just see the shuriken placed in the dojo, wouldn't they?

15. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

Isn't it just simply because travelling back in time means that he would only have to deal with the rangers quick-minded enough to follow him?