Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Episode 6 - The Abduction by the Tengu

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by kuroihikari, Apr 5, 2015.

1. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

[​IMG]

Hana to Hana.

Where Takaharu (and his dad) deal with their beloved youngest Fuuka being abducted by Gabi.

===========================================

Basically, a Takaharu episode that became a family episode. At least, it didn't pretend to be a Fuuka episode. I really wish Fuuka got to shine, though. It's definitely not as good as the family episodes in Magiranger.

Takaharu gets his humiliating defeat at the hands of Gabi, and finally gets the rescue that should've happened in episode 3.

I sort of felt bad for Gabi at the end, as the poor musclehead is still not realizing that Izuemon is manipulating him.

2. cobabooy

cobabooy Lurker

Even though Takaharu is the strongest and the team acknowledge it, I like that they want to become stronger so they can surpass Takaharu. I hope we will eventually have at least three final candidates for the Last Ninja title

3. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

The "Kitaaa" at the end of this episode was the first time Taka's actor has put some feeling into it. Maybe he IS getting a handle on it?

You know, this grandfather is keeping as many shifty secrets as Mr Belt is in Drive. Is this the year of the dubious mentor?

Next week, the triple ninja party we should've had this week :shakefist

4. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

And another episode of the Takaharu show... Even in their scoring the other four are in two tiers!

I think we had more insights into the father and grandfather than any of the Ninninger in that episode. I'm thinking the old man is hoping his grand children will become 'The Last Ninjas' plural and DEFEAT Kibaoni instead of just sealing him away again.

But honestly I have no idea where this show is going and I can't say I really like it yet... it just feels...incomplete.

Last year it took a while for me to warm up to ToQger so I can't be certain yet... still I haven't really been impressed by the show yet aside of the design work which is top notch all around and maybe the fight with the Kappa in episode 2?

5. Byg4299

Byg4299 Member

You know with how fast they revealed StarNinger I wouldn't be surprised if the father becomes a Ninninger later down the road. They are seem building up the fact that he feels powerless as he doesn't know ninjitsu so perphaps he's going to specialize in something else. Just a food for thought.

6. Undrave

They should have made him the one who built the training equipment, then later have him build some sort of robot suit for himself? Or maybe just a RoboNinger?

7. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Yea, I see a Cam/Ninjastorm thing going on here.

8. Zensrive

Zensrive New Member

Poor Fuuka, kicked down even lower...
    Seriously, who approved this Red? He is a horrible actor! Takaharu feels like a mess of bad expressions portrayed by him. I would just want to have Kasumi actress shoved her sword down his **** and end the day!

9. Timeline15

Timeline15 New Member

Now this was interesting... Their grandfather told Kyuemon that he chose not to seal Gengetsu. It will be interesting to see what was so terrible about this "end shuriken" that he didn't use it.
    Also, was not expecting the dad to get character development.
    Great to see Raizo do more, and that he's fully aware that Kyuemon doesn't give a damn about obeying him.
    OK, Takaharu's an idiot. Did he really just learn the same lesson 2 episodes in a row, and have to be reminded that he learnt it?

10. raden238

raden238 Member

Red's actor doesn't fit the Takaharu character, you can see visually it pains him to act like those loud and yeller types.

Yeah he is. I said that in the last episode thread, that Takaharu is just gonna run off fighting on his own, forgetting the god damn lesson he learned about teamwork. I bet they're gonna do it later on in the series again. Just bad writing.

11. Zensrive

Zensrive New Member

Hopefully the series can redeem Aka Ninger by having him getting owned bad time by Kyuemon and had to be really saved by his family then realized what he has to do and become calmer and more serious. Now that the Takaharu I can see from this actor, not the yeller and joking around Takaharu.

Or get him killed and let Kasumi lead the Ninninger anyway. Who needs RED all the time? It's time for PINK TO RULE!

12. Liac0s

Liac0s Member

It's not exactly that he doesn't fit Takaharu's character, it's just that for some freakin' reason, the directors(/producers?) try to make him yell like Gentarou did, but even worse... Aside from that, he seems to be doing decently for a new actor, not that it's hard to, anyway.

It's actually logical... Just because someone learns a lesson, it doesn't mean they apply it to their lives. It's like finding out that too much sweet is bad for your teeth, but you still eat lots of it. You know what's right, but you can't really accept it into your life. In this case, we have 5 people trying to be the Last Ninja, and Takaharu seems the one who is more excited by it. That means he can't hold in his desire and just want to show he is the one deserving to have that title. So no matter how many "lessons" he is going to be "taught", he will still end up doing things in his own, but slowly start focusing on teamwork. It's a realistic writing.

13. NeonZ

NeonZ Member

A character learning the same thing over and over is a flaw in the writing of some Sentai shows, but I'm not sure that's what's happening here. They specifically call out that he should know better now, referencing the previous episode, rather than just making him learn it all over again. The later would be bad writing, but what we got just means that habits can't die that quickly.

14. hakushi

hakushi Lurker

He thinks being the strongest makes him the last ninja

He is also the stupidest character

15. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

Still no Fuuka episode? At this point, I think their dad and grandfather have had more lines than Fuuka and Kasumi combined.

16. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

Kasumi's just not gonna talk much, that's just who she is. But she has got her spotlight just as much as Yakumo has. If we subtract all the times Takaharu messed up from his spotlight time, Yakumo and Kasumi exceed him.

17. Undrave

Yeah if you remove Takaharu from the show she's basically the main character, she's always saving the day and being super clever.

It feels like this show has tiers of characters: tier 1 is Takaharu, tier 2 is Yakumo and Kasumi and tier 3 is Granpa and dad and tier 4 is Fuuka and Nagi ><

18. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

I disagree, it's not that she's just stoic, it's that her, Nagi and (especially) Fuuka have just played almost no part in the story at all.

19. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

I don't see that at all. Kasumi has made more of a part in the story than Yakumo has. Without Kasumi, Takaharu and Nagi (and probably Fuuka) would be fertilizer in the forest by now. Yakumo is mostly a sounding board for everyone else because he talks and "analyzes" a lot.

I don't think she's stoic by the way, she'd just rather DO things instead of say things. Her focus episode (plus the several times she saved her teammates) made that very clear.

20. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Nin 6:

- Why is there a purple monster dressed as a ninja in the corner?

- Taka's acting is really starting to grate.

- I just found out Kenji Matsuda is the voice of Raizo. Too bad it's not Matsuda himself in costume.

- Something about this "ninja test" and grading seems disingenuous. As though they want to treat it like actual school because the audience is in school and thus can "relate".

- Even in Japan, over 70 = passing? Shocking. >.>

- What is it with this show and treating dramatic moments as throwaway jokes? Tsumuji is so bad he's can't be a ninja? Because the grandchildren are so much more impressive so far, right? -__- This guy is disappointing.

- Yoshitaka would be more impressive if he didn't dress like a Beat Rider.

- In the test Nagi and Kasumi have the Paon and UFO shurikenns, but in an actual mecha fight it's Taka who uses them? Why?

- Nice to see Sasuke again, but what an awkward way to tease the next episode.