Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Episode 5 - Space Ninja UFOMaru

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by kuroihikari, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Shougo B'Stard

Shougo B'Stard Would like to change his avatar

Home Page:
    It doesn't say anything about them being related in real life, though.

And they're also wrong about the guy who played Billion playing Daigo's dad in Kyoryuger. (Billion's old stage name was the same, but written differently. He doesn't even go by that name now.)

2. Loghorn

Loghorn Lurker

I heard it from somewhere (I forgot what the name of the site is), but yeah.

3. Green Mario

Green Mario Somebody

The grandpa is basically Ninja Jesus but talks to aliens.

4. hakushi

hakushi Lurker

Loghorn has a thing for his cousin and tries to justify it

Just gross no matter what you say

Loghorn may be a gypsy

5. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

Considering this is Sentai it's not that unbelievable. Certainly not less than a magic school in England!

6. Byg4299

Byg4299 Member

Episode 5 of Ninninger is probably the episode i enjoyed the most out of Ninninger so far. It paces itself well and while i get people are annoyed that a lot of the things involving Kasumi was told from Yakumo's perspective, I still thought she was the show stealer for this episode.
    As for the complaints that the show is introducing too many mecha too quickly, is that really such a new thing. I mean lets look back at the previous shows.
    Toqger: Episode 1: ToqOh
    Episode 4: Shield Ressha
    Episode 5: Car Carrier Ressha
    Episode 6: Tank Ressha
    Kyoryuger: Episode 1: Gabutyra
    Episode 2: Stegotchi and Dricera
    Episode 3: Zakutor
    Episode 4: Parasagun
    Episode 5: Ankydon
    Gobuster: Episode 1: CB-01
    Episode 2: GT-02 and RH-03
    Episode 6: GobusterOh
    See what i mean. While you can make the argument that some of these mechs were already discovered/owned by the rangers, the point of the matter is that within the span of 6 episodes, these shows had 4-5 new mechs shown for the first time to us, the audience. So i really don't get the complaint that Ninninger is introducing new mechs too quickly

7. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

Kasumi's been a show stealer since episode 2 though.

And the difference here is that Paonmaru and UFOmaru are auxillary mecha! Stegotchi, Dricera, Parasagun, Zakutor, GT-02, RH-03 are all assigned to rangers! the closest you get is Shield Ressha in episode 4.

8. Loghorn

Loghorn Lurker

I'm sorry, but are you a moron?

I'm just pointing out some facts in what's happening throughout some parts of this planet. And I'm not a damn gypsy.

Don't you ever say or assume anything stupid or gibberish like that about me again, because I'll chew your ass out hardcore.

9. Timeline15

Timeline15 New Member

So, um.... episode.
    I liked the little tidbit about UFOmaru's technology being the basis for the ninja allies. That at least help towards explaining how one man could build several giant machines. Yakumo and Kasumi are my favourite characters this season by far atm, so having the episode centre around them was nice too. Takaharu isn't able to be as annoying when the plot doesn't pay attention to him. But he's nowhere NEAR Daigo level (who, surprise, stole the spotlight n the Tokkyuger vs movie as well).

and I LOVE the little scene at the end with Raizou just waiting (semi) patiently in the middle of the road. Sure, Taka's an idiot for just forgetting that a powerful Yokai general is loose in the city, but for some reason it was funny anyway.

10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Man, this episode was even worse than last week's. WTF?! Is Taka going to get every new mech? I did like him forgetting about Kiba though.

11. Zensrive

Zensrive New Member

I just found out that Kasumi is played by
    HILDA GORDON! That character really gives out freaky scary laughter once she was outed as being the HORROR GIRL! Like, really spooky crazy laughter!

12. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

That actress is a veteran really, unlike most Sentai actors/actresses. I know her from a JDrama (Itazura na Kiss: Love in Tokyo). I think she also has a KR role.

13. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

^ She was in Movie War Ultimatum as one of the AGHS mutants.

14. Byg4299

Byg4299 Member

HTML:

You're forgetting Car Carrier and Tank. Admittedly Kyoryuger and Gobuster probably aren't the best example for what I'm talking about. Gokaiger and Goseiger however are as they introduce the exact same amount of auxiliary mechs in the exact same span of episodes as Ninninger.
    Gokaiger: Episode 1:Gokaioh
    Episode 3:MagiDragon
    Episode 5: PatStriker
    Goseiger: Episode 1:Gosei Great
    Episodd 3:Landick Brothers
    Episode 5:Seaick Brothers

15. Liac0s

Liac0s Member

Gokaiger is a bad example, too. You can't compare an anniversary season (such as Gokaiger and Decade) with a regular season. Both Decade and Gokaiger were shows that didn't stay on using the previous seasons' powers, but they expanded them further. Gokaiger went with different mecha formations, while Decade went with different finisher weapons. In the case of Gokaiger, it could be quite "lacking" without them.

Goseiger, on the other side, I cannot talk much about as I haven't seen it yet. But from what I remember, weren't they just some simple headers that could attack to the mecha?

16. Byg4299

Byg4299 Member

They were but they still serve the exact same purpose. New toys*cough*I mean mecha that could combine with the main mech for a new mode

17. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Yeah, Gokaiger's gimmick was using other team powers right from the get go. However, you can hardly consider those mecha.

18. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

How were those not mecha?

Nin 5:
    - A walking shuriken? You know, Kakuranger was silly show in the beginning, but somehow its silly moments don’t seem as awkward as Ninninger’s can be.

- The kids aren’t even looking at the ninjas!

- Mr. Yokai? Eyes on a mailbox? Kasumi is continually cute without even putting effort into it. Ho refreshing after years of having cuteness bluntly shoved in the audience’s face.

- Yoshitaka talked to aliens? Something about that reminds me of Sun Wu-Kong and his many abilities. Yet the show just throws this fact out there as a random “funny†moment? Why? There’s more random in it than funny.

- Are those what Japanese college textbooks really look like?

- Again with this “magic school†of Yakumo’s. What is this place? This isn’t the Harry Potter universe where such things are par for the course.

- That reveal of Gengetsu was kind of undramatic. There’s no point hiding him in the shadows anymore, either. I thought they’d reveal his lieutenants one by one before he officially appeared.

- Even Fuka’s joining in on Taka’s wackiness.

- Please, no space Yokai. An empire of space ninjas was silly enough.

- It’d have been nice to see UFOMaru do some solo action.