Shout! Factory Releasing KyuuKyuu Sentai GoGoFive - April 24th

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Storm Eagle, Jan 9, 2018.

1. I just found this listing on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078X95TQ...&qid=1515543015&sr=1-1&keywords=Power+Rangers

Gingaman comes out in three weeks, and the listing states an April 24th release date for GogoFive. Just like with the original August 15, 2016 release date for Megaranger, it looked like they could put out more than just two Sentai last year. So I'm aware that the April 24th date for GogoFive could still change. Even still, it's still nice to see that they're getting even further with these Sentai releases.

To be honest, I've personally been anticipating news on a Ninja Steel DVD release, but I'm definitely not complaining about this one.

2. catwhowalksbyhimself

catwhowalksbyhimself New Member

Yeah, they are defintely making faster progress now. That's two in the first half of the year, so I'm hopeful we'll get 3 or even 4. I'm hoping they'll catch up to within a couple of years of the current PR season, then go back and do some older ones.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

What? How dare you beat me to it!!!!!

4. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

SAVE THE EARTH! SAVE THE LIFE!

Can't wait for this one. More power to Shout! Factory!

5. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

Yeah, this is one of the few that I'm actually kind of interested in seeing how it differs from the PR version.

6. Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

It says right there people who preorder will get it 2 weeks early. ?????

Anyway, I never preorder from their site because Amazon ends up having the stuff for aroud $30 by the time it actually comes out. I just don't see $20+ more being worth a two week advancement. Hell, I am going to be charged $33 for Gingaman after taxes.

8. mbozzo

mbozzo New Member

:oops: I wish that I could get the Sentai version of Lightspeed Rescue, but I haven't gotten the Sentai version of other Power Rangers series.

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

So? It's not like you need to watch each series in order.

10. MagiShineDX

MagiShineDX Captain

If you mean you want to see the other "Super Sentai Series" that are out there,then yes, go find them, I am sure you can. Might help to actually get familiar with the actual names of the series you want to see and leave them term "Power Rangers" out of it so that we or others can help you find what you are looking for much easier.

11. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Do they have plans of hitting the 80s Sentai?

12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

If they do, they will tell us something. Right now they can only talk about what has been announced or released. Nothing more, nothing less. Although, they don't seem to communicate very much at all on this franchise as they still haven't responded to any of the inquiries I have made about the subtitle timing to Carranger and Gingaman.

13. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Yup, fair enough. Just hoping i didn't miss a collection while browsing the other day.

14. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

If they ever do, it's probably not going to be until they catch up to the present in another few years.

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

16. Kamen Rider Kaixa

Kamen Rider Kaixa New Member

Do you think they will ever package all the content onto Blu-Ray?
    Ergo, instead of 8 discs, 1 Blu-Ray?

17. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

It would be pretty pointless to do it on BD and cram it all onto 1 disc.

However, until Toei brings the shows out on BD, I doubt it. Toei won't even let Funimation bring the current episodes to One Piece to BD despite it being released that way in Japan for the last 8 years.

BTW, GoGoFive is hands down Shout! most solid release thus far.