Shout! Factory Releasing Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger - December 18th 2018

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Storm Eagle, Sep 6, 2018.

  1. Dr Kain

    Dr Kain Member

    Likes Received:
    13
    I was just wondering if they were going to give the show its official release date since Jetman is about to come out.
     
  2. SamuraiEchidna

    SamuraiEchidna Member

    Likes Received:
    16
    Glad this is still a thing Shout Factory is doing. :)
    Thank you and goodbye, Gao Soul Forever fansub. Hello official release!
     
  3. Dr Kain

    Dr Kain Member

    Likes Received:
    13
    I never even had the chance to watch their subs. In fact, I haven't watched Gaoranger in about ten years or so. It will be nice to watch the show with real subs since the subs I had watched it with before getting the R2 DVDs were those Hong Kong bootleg Engirish subs.
     
  4. Black Fang

    Black Fang Member

    Likes Received:
    12
    GaoSoulForever fansubbed Gaoranger years ago.
     
  5. Dr Kain

    Dr Kain Member

    Likes Received:
    13
    I know, I have them. I just never got around to watching them and then I figured there was no point in doing so if Shout! was going to end up releasing the show. Same goes for the people that subbed Abaranger.
     
  6. Captain Shark

    Captain Shark Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    They are still on KissAsian if you ever want to know.
     
  7. Dr Kain

    Dr Kain Member

    Likes Received:
    13
    Oh I have them all downloaded, I just am busy with other things.

    Though, I refuse to touch Kissasian since they block people from their site if they have ad blocking software. A pirating site has no right to block people for not making them money.
     
  8. SamuraiEchidna

    SamuraiEchidna Member

    Likes Received:
    16
    ...And? Forgive me, but your comment lacks a little context here. Were you addressing Dr Kain personally? I've been here long enough to know you a bit more personally, and I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. So I doubt you're trying to dissuade people from buying the official release just because a fansub was made first.

    KissAsian has only been good for one thing so far. Ever since Marvel took down their translated episodes of Japanese Spider-Man, I can't find it anywhere else. And while I would love to support the official release again, something I've been a BIG supporter of for a long time now, Marvel hasn't exactly released Japanese Spider-Man in any other format. And I would love to own a physical copy. The irony in all this is that Marvel is still talking about Japanese Spider-Man on their YouTube page, yet none of the videos that actually mention it have a link to said episodes. Kind of defeats the purpose of hyping it up if the fans have no way of watching it, Marvel.
     
  9. Dr Kain

    Dr Kain Member

    Likes Received:
    13
    Gao arrived, but I'm a little pissed off at Amazon as they charged me the full $60 instead of the normal $38ish.

    [​IMG]
     
  10. Dr Kain

    Dr Kain Member

    Likes Received:
    13
    I just finished Disc 2 and episodes 11 and 12 have mistimed subs. -_- Fortunately, it's only for like 5 minutes in each episode, but still. How is this still a thing?
     
  11. SamuraiEchidna

    SamuraiEchidna Member

    Likes Received:
    16
    Do the subs ever translate the word "Hyakujuu", or just leave it untranslated like on the box?
     
  12. Dr Kain

    Dr Kain Member

    Likes Received:
    13
    It's only been Hyakujuu Sentai so far.

    The translations are 95% fine (the other 5% are minor nitpicks of how I would have translated the line), however, there is another problem I just encountered. Disc 3 is littered with all of these white flashes that are occuring during camera angle changes. Sometimes it looks like the previous image is sticking to the screen for a quick flash before going away. Some episodes were worse than others. It was really bad in episodes 16, 17, and 20.
     
  13. mbozzo

    mbozzo New Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    ;) Shout Factory is giving us the Sentai version of Wild Force. I already saw the American version.
     

Share This Page

Hosted By: