Scary Logos

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Skyknight, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

No thread on HJU has made me laugh harder. :laugh:

I'm very much looking forward to this project you speak of. I know there were other logos that scared me, but they're so deeply buried, I never would've remembered if this thread wasn't created.

But the PBS one I remember well.... it looked like people. :ph34r:

2. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Member

I've only ever been scared by one logo. ONE. I'd forgotten about it up till now, but...

When I was a kid, my mom used to LOVE watching Murder, She Wrote, and I used to watch with her. (Didn't follow the story, but I was like, three--I wasn't supposed to.) Anyway, at the end of the show, you'd see her typing, and she would tear the paper out and toss it, and then the paper would curl and the background would go black and...well, I can't really describe it any further but I know you guys know what I'm talking about. I saw something in it that scared the fuck outta me. I cried like a baby for at least two years whenever I saw it. Eventually, I would just get ready for that part and not look at it, which I did for years until one day (I was eight or so), I glanced at it and it didn't bother me anymore....

Damn, that bit of memory makes me miss being a kid. Everything was more fun then. (Well, except sex. Hm. Sex or being a kid again...? *wanders off to set up a date with his g/f tonight, humming the theme to Smurfs*)

3. Judge Faiz

Judge Faiz I am the law

Wow...I can't remember being scared of a Logo from a movie or tv company.

I did have awful nighmares of an ET poster that was right by my bed though...complete w/ it looking at me w/ it's eyes bleeding. Some nights I wouldn't be able to sleep in my own bed.

Never figured out why I didn't just take the poster down during the day. For SOME reason that thought just never occured to me. I was a strange kid.

-RF

4. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

I remember some.... muppet Frankestein.... thing.... but I can't remember what it was now.... a blanket... wallpaper.... painting.... I can't remember. All I can remember are these cartoon charicatures of classic monsters and they were there most demented versions you could imagine.

Worse........ the stared at you.

I gotta call my sister and ask what that thing was... I can *barely* remember it.

5. SaikoDragon

SaikoDragon It's Judgement Time!

Thats what I ment, its not scary to kids. I used to be a kid, I've seen those logos a million times as a kid, they never once scared me. Whoever was scared of those logos as a kid was a sissy. A SISSEH!

6. Black Ranger RX

Black Ranger RX I don't have low self esteem.

Home Page:
    I think I can remember that one. I couldn't remember the name of the company, but when he tossed the paper it looked like it transformed into a "C&C" or an "O&O" (not sure). I THINK I can remember seeing a spoof version of that logo on an episode of The Simpsons. It had Itchy and Scratchy using the typewriter, ripping the paper out and tossing it like the man did in the original version.

I can remember being scared of that one too!! :laugh:

But we're talking very YOUNG kids. Like, Toddler age, not 8 and over!! :p

7. VengeanceGOD

VengeanceGOD WIIIIIIIIIIII!

I don't remember ever being scared of a logo...but the evil toon at the end of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? traumatised me for life.

8. Ricardo

Ricardo Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto. Staff Member

Oh yes, the Judge fella was pretty creepy, espcially when his eyes changed.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  9. Black Ranger RX

Black Ranger RX I don't have low self esteem.

Home Page:
  10. Bolt

Bolt boogie woogie feng shui

Same here! But what scared me even more was the end of Supergirl with all that demon shit. I mean wtf, it had no purpose at all in the story except to scare me to death.

11. VengeanceGOD

VengeanceGOD WIIIIIIIIIIII!

Oh, you were serious! I thought you were just saying Supergirl was a shit movie. :)

12. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

Magic is a fairly underlooked weakness to Superman and superheroes alike if their name is'nt Zatara, Doctor Strange, or Mandrake, so it made perfect sense, can't blame the Salkinds for trying new things and doing their homework.

13. Kiere

Kiere Member

Oh my fucking Baby Jesus, I had that same poster in my room too! And I had that same nightmare! Except that the thing went "AAAAAAAA" in my dream and the background looked like fucking Hell!

Thank GOD there is NO REMAKE being made, as my dreams have stopped me from going to the cinema in the past 15 years, as I'm worried they might advertise a remake!

UUUUUUUUuuuughhhhh...

*SHIVERS BIG TIME*

14. ultrasentairider

ultrasentairider The ultimate Toku FAN OF DA CENTURY

When I was a kid back in the 2000's, I ran away every time the '84 logo came on. What scared me was the dark background and the white pegasus slowly running at the screen.

15. Milky Rose

Milky Rose is Mayor of Farmville

16. ultrasentairider

ultrasentairider The ultimate Toku FAN OF DA CENTURY

17. Kiere

Kiere Member

The WORST was Field Communications. *shudders*

18. SabanRanger

SabanRanger IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!!!

The "Surprise!" variant of the 1993 PBS Kids logo, especially the longer version. I had the 1993 PBS Kids logo on my Teletubbies VHS and it kinda scared me, but I grew to like it. I used to like the short "Surprise!" variant, but then when I discovered the longer version, IT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME. My friend was also scared of it growing up in the '90s, to the point where her neighbor had to write to the local PBS station demanding they stop showing it. And they did!

19. Akaranger3087

Akaranger3087 Member

If you want to see seriously distrubing production logos, you should see some of the classic Indian film production logos. The chanting, the haunting images (including one of a cobra apparently safe guarding a little baby