[Anime] Saint Seiya Omega: New Cloth - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Aoi Kurenai, Apr 6, 2013.

1. crazedjustice888

crazedjustice888 RISEN DEMON

Hey guys, I watched the first episode of Omega on Hulu and I really enjoyed it. I forgot however about the very first series and I never finished watching it. So I wanna play catch up and don't worry, I saw all the episodes and movies and all that jazz I would have to watch, but its cool. If you guys recommend to me that they are good enough to go back and watch, I will. However, I just need to fins a place with some good subs since I can't find english dubs past a certain point. Anyone wanna point me in the right direction?

If this is the wrong place for this...MY BAD!!!:sweat::anime:

2. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Damn it... Why does it look so awesome?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Ivanhobe

Ivanhobe The Extraordinary Fan(boy)

That is the one thing i have to give to this season, the new cloths look hideous on screen, but the Toys?

Damn.

4. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

Man, that looks a million times better then the Figuarts.

5. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Well, they're twice as expensive...

Also, they're not as posable as Figuarts.

6. Ivanhobe

Wow wow wow wait a second.

Twice as expensive as a Figuart but not as possable?

Who exactly is going to buy these things?

I mean, that is a price range for collectors and even though i follow Omega, i hardly believe the show is worth such an investment.

7. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

I believe the Saint Cloth myth figures are made out of diecast, and you'd be surprised.

8. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

They're also larger and more detailed.

[​IMG]

9. Ivanhobe

Ooohh... so they are the Saint Cloth Myth Line?

That explains a lot.

But still, i hardly see these Omega Figures being a success, here in Mexico Saint Seiya has a humongous cult, and yet people don´t really care about Omega. Heck, i only watch it because of the Umakoshi factor and even that is gone now, i only keep going because of my stubborness and my undying hope that maybe it will turn out to be a-ok.

So yeah, i don´t feel that Omega is the success Toei was hoping for, so i wonder if there really is a market* for such an expensive set of figures.

*Would totally consider buying a decent Yuna Figure (Preferibly Figuart).

10. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

It already was. No a runaway success, but it did surpassed Toei's expectations. That's why we got a season 2 that was not originally planed. Anything after the end of the first season is just gravy for Toei and Bandai.

Also, according to Bandai, the switch from Figuarts to Myth Cloths for the Omega line was fan-requested.

11. Ivanhobe

Welp, you can color me surprised.

Though it does make me wonder what exactly were Toei´s expectations, after all, Saint Saiya is kind of a huge thing.

And so i shall never underestimate a fandom ever again.

12. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Since Omega started, Toei has been advertising the hell out of it and the entire Saint Seiya franchise. At one point, during and Omega episode, there were 4 Saint Seiya commercials one right after the other. So they knew what they were doing.

The sad part is that had already shown the Orion Eden Figuart prototype before that line got scrapped.

13. Blaze Dragon

Blaze Dragon Lurker

Is it just me, or the toy doesn't quite match-up with the actual Cloth in the series? It's not as notable while equipped (there, it only seems to not match-up in that this one actually looks really pretty, while the actual series version...suffers from Omega's lack of animation budget hard). But the Object seems to be rather changed, doesn't it?

[​IMG]

14. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Most of the Statue forms look different after making the transition from anime to Myth Cloth. It's more obvious with the Pegasus New Cloth because, for some unexplained reason, they decided to use even more of those crystal parts, even in objects that don't have it in the anime (like the wings).

15. Goty

Goty Member

Well, not in Japan, where all the recent anime releases flopped, especially Lost Canvas.
    There's a faithful enough fanbase, mostly for Kurumada's works (the Next Dimension manga has good sales, better than LC did), but nowadays it was becoming one of those niche, ageing groups.

Tohru Furuya was in an event here recently, and he said Omega is revitalizing the franchise in Japan, which was obviously Toei's (and Bandai) intent when they started an all-new Sunday morning series.

16. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Cards Crusade has leaked the armors for the 1st Rank Pallasites Aegaeon and Galia...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Usually, in Saint Seiya, the complexity of the armor design = power level... The good guys are f*cked...

17. Goty

Goty Member

Kinda remind me of divine clothes.
    Galia's is pretty cool, but they must be a pain to animate.

18. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

I thought so too.

19. NeonZ

NeonZ Member

Their swords are supposed to be weapons used by gods before, and they're apparently strong enough that seventh sense isn't enough to beat them, so, it's likely a similar concept, at least.

20. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Titan's armor has been revealed and it looks even more like a God Cloth...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013