S.I.C. Thread - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Igadevil, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Well I myself haven't been active at all either on forums(guess forums' a dying breed now with the advent of social network sites)

I'm not so big on Dragonball so their SHF Renewals were just like 'ohh that's cool dude" for me. XD I skipped out on the Wizard SIC but if this is not limited edition, I'm so getting it.

2. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

I still check in on the forums at least every other day, but it's been so dead lately that I was thinking about stopping. Of all the forums I frequent, it seems the only ones that are still very active are Transformers related.

On topic: Infinity looks good and will be bought just like every other default and final form. Still waiting for Gaim though! Fourze too, but Gaim was a better show IMO so I want that even more.

3. S.I.C.K.

S.I.C.K. Member

Umm excuse me?? There are rereleases? When did this happen? Didnt see it on the forums. Come here for info too.

Not too fond of Wizard but I will totally grab this. I wonder if they will give the SIC treatment to all wizard forms (which in my opinion would be a waste, but hey, all those pieces included in All Dragon made me very happy).

Still waiting on S.I.C. Eternal.

4. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

Hm, I don't even know how the forums I used to go to are like now. I only go to gfx forums back then. I'm totally in for collecting a Gaim SIC line and I wonder when we'll get Fourze too. .__. it feels like it'll be a long while before we get Fourze though. Shame since it's a design that I think will work really well in SIC form.

I think you have to go through the SHF thread, if I'm correct it should be on the few latest pages. There were mentions of it, not sure about photos though. Since I don't really follow SHF. Wow, I just realized there's no SIC Eternal...MY W LINE IS NOT COMPLETED.

5. S.I.C.K.

S.I.C.K. Member

If it makes you feel better there is no S.I.C. Accel either, so your line is a bit far from complete.

6. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

... I can't believe I never realized that, and I was so proud that I completed a line in SIC. hmm. Well, streak unbroken for not collecting a full line then.

On a side note, please be limited edition so Inifinity Wizard isn't so expensive.
    [​IMG]

7. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

I love Infinity, but Infinity Gold really doesn't do anything for me. On the other hand, I said that about CJGX and now I want one...

8. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Sorry for double posting, but change of topic.

Anybody have a fix for W's shortness? I guess not plugging his legs in all the way helps, but that only a few mm. I've seen some customized Hibikis with improved height so hopefully someone here has some knowledge on the subject.

[HIDE][​IMG][/HIDE]

9. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

You might wanna dig deep into the sic threads, to when W was released. I think there were people who posted fixes, but I don't remember.

On another hand...Wizard SICs continues to tempt me. :(
    [​IMG]

10. stardrago

stardrago New Member

Say, any news about Kamen Rider Garren's king form, I heard that alongside Blade's king form they have attached wings based on their beetle forms.

11. Den-O Rod Form

Den-O Rod Form Member

[​IMG]

12. Oblivion

Oblivion Lurker

So are these legit? O_O

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Zeltrax541

Zeltrax541 New Member

^Oblivion

YEP, those are legit.

14. goldlantern

goldlantern New Member

That Gaim is beautiful. It's like someone stuck him in the Iron Keep of Dark Souls 2. There's another picture (not shown) of his orange slice blade that looks impressive as well.

15. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

I saw the pics of SIC Gaim on tumblr first.

After such a long, long time, I have NEVER wanted an SIC so hard before now. I NEED that SIC Gaim! NEED it! :O_O:

16. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

You guys saw the others? Gaim is great, but that Zangetsu is a must-get for me!

17. PyroturtleZX

PyroturtleZX Member

You know, it took me this long to figure out that the break gunner was probably the prototype/base for the handle ken. It just never occurred to me until I saw SIC handle ken

18. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

I love the look of the SICs, but it seems strange to make them on NeoHeisei riders. Isn't the idea to emphasize the original idea of 'monsters turned good'? Riders haven't been monsters for like 20 years. But still, damn they look cool.

19. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Just depends on the Rider, I think. Like you said, the original Riders were all about monsters/cyborgs turned good, and SIC emphasized this.
    Gaim has a samurai theme, so they emphasized this by making him look more like a traditional suit of samurai armor.
    Drive has a vehicle theme, so they are emphasizing the vehicular design.
    OOO harnessed the power of the animal kingdom, so they emphasized the animal parts of his design.

The only time it doesn't always work is Riders like Faiz or Ryuki. The the theme or the costumes are so standard, it's hard to emphasize something in their usual "Imaginative" way. They try, but the finish look often ends up being a bit too similar to the show, or maybe something else gets emphasized more than the Rider. Even Hibiki must have been challenging since those Riders all ready looked very similar to SIC's usual style.

20. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

Wow. Just got my SIC Zangetsu in hand and they actually re-molded the head to make it far more proportioned and less squashed. It looks a hundred times better. Color me both impressed and surprised.