S.H.Figuarts Thread: G4!

Discussion in 'THE ARCH' started by Igadevil, Apr 30, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvillangelo

dvillangelo Member

Selective items from Tamashii Webshouten are released exclusively in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore. Not sure about Malaysia / Indonesia.

Usually it'll be stated on the Tamashii product page saying "This item will be released on sale in certain parts of Asia."

Only certain shops will be selected to carry the Pre-Order form for these exclusive items.

You must fill up the form and pay full amount (usually direct conversion from yen price) to the shop.

They have been doing this with 4 exclusive items from Saint Seiya line for April-July.

Shinken Blue and Green were announced for Asia region a while ago before the idea was pulled out.

Btw, The Tajadol poster posted by dchoc is from China... The price is in RMB (Chinese Yen)

Here's the alternative links:
    - Bandai Asia: http://www.bandai-asia.com/collectors-shop/70141/
    - Tamashii Taiwan: http://tamashii.tw/index.php?to=content_inner&sn=88

2. Vox Age

Vox Age Member

Thanks for the elaboration. I knew that they did this before with Robot Damashii Exia R2 parts, some Myth Cloth appendix parts and SHF Ryuutaros, but I thought the entire idea was canned since I saw nothing more beyond those three items.

Damn. I'm so jealous, I'd love to pay only 25 USD + shipping for Tajadol effect parts. :laugh:

3. Baltan II

Baltan II Space Ninja

Home Page:
    Bluefin's still looking into a direct release of Tamashii Web items through them, so there's always a chance.

4. dvillangelo

dvillangelo Member

Yes, it used to be Bandai Collectors Shop in Hong Kong, where they did exactly the same way the Tamashii Web Japan is doing... You ordered through Bandai Asia shopping site, they will deliver to your address by DHL later... but it's only for HK residents... It lasted for 1 round only...

So, this time around they changed the concept a little bit. They print out order forms and pass around selective shops... customer can order directly through the shop, but full payment is required....

I've enquired about this a while ago, but our local bandai distributors has strict rule that they will only offer this Tamashii items to physical shops only..

O well, there is a chance... But no 100% guarantee... And btw, there might be re-release of this Tajadol Effect Parts in the near future...

5. Vox Age

Vox Age Member

Clever, but quite restricted. So they basically sell it like a normal product then? Do the shops have to still pay full price? If so, isn't that basically still the same thing as the middleman situation in Japan, except with formal recognition? :laugh:

6. dvillangelo

dvillangelo Member

Yes, it's more or less like a normal product... Just like how it is in Japan...

The final price is exactly direct conversion of the yen price on tamashii web...

If the shop is taking order from overseas customers, then it'll be final price + shipping... unless the shop decides to charge you commission, then it'll be just like middlemen... LOL...

those shops should definitely get certain margin from Bandai...

7. Baltan II

Baltan II Space Ninja

Home Page:
    Didn't I just say that?:laugh:

Why would Bandai, any of its regional divisions, release the effects part set twice? It hasn't even come out for the first time, it's not pre-sold out, and it can't have substantial enough demand to go through the whole process twice. I don't get this.

8. dvillangelo

dvillangelo Member

If Bandai decided to reproduce it, then so what? Does it hurt?!

FYI, the decision of 2nd order has been made since the PO was announced.

1. Product Title stated "1次受注" => "First / Primary Order" in bracket.

2. Product Description has the following disclaimer:
    ※2次受注の開始日は未定となっております => The Start Date of 2nd order has not been decided yet

9. Skiks

Skiks Member

Oh thats really neat! I really wish they'd reissue more exclusives. Even if it just means they'd be exclusive again.

10. Baltan II

Baltan II Space Ninja

Home Page:
    Yes. It hurts SO MUCH. IN MY PANTS.

Obviously not, man. It's a matter of trying to understand WHY this set might get a second run, and why not other exclusives. Or, if this means Bandai's more or less likely to give other TW figures and sets a second run, which I'd fully endorse and love to see happen.

11. Skiks

Skiks Member

It might be because it's so easy to make the OOO effect parts. At least for bandai it is.

12. I just realized something very interesting when it comes to these dots on the figuarts. I was told that the dots represent the number of releases of that particular figure. I dont have any re-issued figuarts to make the comparison so I dont know if the dots decrease or what. Does anybody know?

But what I realized was that all figuarts have the dots. That goes for the exclusives to. Every exclusive figure that I have has those 4 dots located somewhere on their body. This makes me think maybe the reissue thing really isnt what the dots stand for. Because like I said I dont have a reissued figuart to make the comparison. I just thought it was odd they were on the exclusives to.

Does anyone have a reissued figuart with 3 dots?:hmm:

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  13. Baltan II

Baltan II Space Ninja

Home Page:
    It's not a feature of Figuarts, first of all. All sorts of Bandai products use them and always to designate how many times a particular figure or mold has been put to use. Also, your new theory is indeed wrong. I have a ton of first-issue Figuarts with, naturally, four dots, but every time I end up buying a reissue, it has three dots. Dark Kabuto, my only reissued Kabuto SHF, for example. I've never had to wait for a third issue to get one, I don't think, but other people own two-dot Figuarts, even.

The only thing I've found is that the dots are either difficult to find or not included with some of the DX toys I've owned. I can't seem to find it on the OOO Driver, I couldn't find it on the TaJa Spinner before I sold it, and while one medal from Medal Sets 1 and 2 indicate the number of issues (Kuwagata and Sai), I can't find the dots on 3 or 4.

14. shadowx18

shadowx18 Member

yes, my first release TaToBa with bonus has only three dots

15. Thats what I was asking. You answered my question. I dont have any reissues in my collection to know if the dots decrease. My main point was the dots appear on the exclusives as well which I had never realized which made me curious because they dont get reissued. I didnt know they came on most bandai products. Makes more sense to me now that I know they come on more than just the figuarts. Thanks for pointing that out.

16. Baltan II

Baltan II Space Ninja

Home Page:
    I only have that sort of "tone" because I recall telling you exactly what those dots are and do last KRG! :laugh:

17. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Watching from the shadows....

Dont know if I should post this but BBTS has Ryuki, Putotera and SIC FangJoker & Skull up for preorder....

18. No prob:thumbs:

19. ShukuenShinobi

ShukuenShinobi is The Underground Toy Reviewer

Home Page:
    A couple of mine have the 3 Dots that are reissued. Like Baltan said, all Bandai products use them, and they simply show how many times it's been made. Supposedly when the 4 run out, they switch to a new shape.

The only exclusives that should have three dots are:
    - Agito Storm Form
    - Agito Flame Form
    - Kuuga Rising Mighty
    - Kuuga Rising Dragon
    - Kuuga Rising Pegasus
    - Joker

Those were all store/event exclusives that seen a second release.

20. chubbyman

chubbyman Member

SHUKI KNOWS ALL!! his word above all else :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.