S.H.Figuarts Thread: G4!

Discussion in 'THE ARCH' started by Igadevil, Apr 30, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sintide

sintide Member

U know what why dont u take off ur shirt and I give u 1000 yen; enough said.

2. Zanki707

Zanki707 aka Steel A. Jeeg

Home Page:
    Me? You sure about that...?

3. sintide

sintide Member

Oh god no.......let me think about it.

4. da0utlaw

da0utlaw You Got The TOUCH!

Home Page:
    sometimes 10-15 dollars can make or break your bank account easily, especially in this economically harsh era. Buying exclusive is doable, yes. But you have cut tons of corners just to do so. I've only gotten 3 exclusive figures so far, and boy I had to do some hell of a planning for that.

Also, admitting not budgetting and prioritizing and saying it's not that hard seems... weird. Just sayin.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan ジェイ・イー・フュージョン

Home Page:
    All I can say is, Shuki is a rich guy.

6. da0utlaw

da0utlaw You Got The TOUCH!

Home Page:
    on a scale of between Nicholas Cage and Tony Stark?

7. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

Opened New Den-o Trilogy Ver.

Best. Sculpting. Ever.

Well, for now. :)

I would buy all of the Den-o forms just because the base mould is so good. In fact, its just a torso, helmet and colour swap and you get another form. Bandai will easily make all the Den-o forms in a short time. I really hope Wing Form and Super/Climax Form won't be exclusives.

8. Zanki707

Home Page:
    Yeah, that's what I was saying. Now I'm by no means a light spender myself, but I've had to cut some corners recently. There have been A LOT of exclusives, and I really need to decide which are more appealing to me. But even with that, I'm looking at a pretty hefty AmiAmi bill. But I know my budget for the month, and I knew that if I cut out any other out-of-budget expenses for April, I could squeeze by with a big order (plus a week grace period to pay that bill, another pay check never hurt anybody!)

And like I said, i have a pretty good job all things considered. I'm not knocking anyone, I'm just saying... the best advice isn't "Spend a lot, and worry about it later! Except don't worry about it!"
    Instead, just think of it like this:
    Exclusives are fun, along with the hobby as a whole. But they're just toys. They'll be there tomorrow, next month, even a year from now. If you have to stress yourself over something that's meant to be fun, it might not be worth it in the long run.

Yeah, I missed out on some neat exclusives because I had to budget for other things, but that doesn't mean I'll never have them. And the ones I do have a pretty nice!

9. Skiks

Skiks Member

In the end it's not too bad when you can combine shippings of multiple exclusive figures as opposed to buying them monthly from shops and having them shipped off each month. This is just how I deal with the price raise.

10. Shirubaa

Shirubaa Lurker

Haha, but the problem is prioritizing between four Shinkengers! :p

11. Mr. Yellow

Mr. Yellow Twitter - @MisturYellow

Well they're released in sets of two, plus Okinawam will let you pay in installments so it shouldn't be too bad. You can store stuff up and ship it all together.

12. ShukuenShinobi

ShukuenShinobi is The Underground Toy Reviewer

Home Page:
    Outside of the random crazy Mandarake haul I go through every now and then, yes, my YouTube revenue nearly equals my spending each month. Once this semester is over and I go back to working and start clearing off my debts I'll be pretty much even. I'd be breaking even if I wasn't such an impulsive douchenozzle.

Fixed. I am not nor have I ever been rich. Spoiled yes (only child, with an extremely close aunt with no children), but certainly not rich, I'm just really fucking stupid.

It honestly helps so much. The prices of exclusives seem null when you only pay $14 one month, $14 the next, etc. It makes purchasing a small number of them really manageable to people on a budget.

Only have $15 left in the budget every month? Prepare in advanced and you got yourself an exclusive. Have $30 left and not sure what to buy? Put money down on two. It helps and opens a lot of doors to people that might not otherwise be able to plop down $50 or so for one guy.

Lastly, I do apologize if I came across as pompous in that last post, as it wasn't my intent at all.

13. Bogard

Bogard Irregular Hunter

I've had Crystal Skull pre-ordered, only thanks to Okinawam's split payment option.

I've never pre-ordered an exclusive before this, but it's going well so far.

14. Vox Age

Vox Age Member

You can also make the Combo sets out of the normal-releases, if you don't mind the belt not matching. :thumbs:

15. Zanki707

Home Page:
    But I DO! ;3;

I have some of the OOO Candy Toys, and I love the swapping gimmick. I might hunt down some of the OCC figures, someday.

16. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

I'd love to see what'll happen if you ever get a million dollars...it'll probably be all gone in a day. :laugh:

17. shadowx18

shadowx18 Member

where did the release date info on the may figuarts come from. and how soon before we get the same info on june, got a large order planned and dates would make it easier.

18. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

Check the Tamashii web page. The link is listed on the first post by GekiDan.

19. shadowx18

shadowx18 Member

ok, see that info for the new items, but just the first release date on the re-issues. checked out the stars/dots on the OOO's, how many stars/dots do earch of the kuuga forms have on them for re-issue?

20. Glaive315

Glaive315 Member

My priorities had always had been figures..... mostly...... which means figma, figuarts, souchakus, and robot damashiis. But lately I've been pulled into the whirlpool of three O's, and has been splurging on medals when I had a plan set out for my figuarts =/

Good news is, I can have more $$ for food, bad thing is the more I wait the more chances of stuff going out of stock to discontined will occur :redface2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.