S.H.Figuarts Thread: G4!

Discussion in 'THE ARCH' started by Igadevil, Apr 30, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Watching from the shadows....

That New Den-O sure looks like a possible addition to my collection lol!!

2. deeznuts1234

deeznuts1234 dude nerdisms thats what you are

SCREW DEN-O! LOLZ!

3. chubbyman

chubbyman Member

^ that statement will enrage people to no limits.

4. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

Yay! Thread title changed... ;)

5. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Watching from the shadows....

^Thumbs up to what he said! :thumbs:

6. Synch

Synch Member

So I just saw Gokai Red on hlj I was wondering where I could see more pics of him?! Also are they planing on releasing the rest of the team as well ?.. Hopefullly not as damned exclusives .... I was going to collect ths shinken line but damn! Exclusive exclusive exclusive :S The only one I managed to get was Red with the lil bonus guy.... Maybe I will just collect the red rangers ... I wonder what the odds are of geki red being done are since that was a hated series in japan :S

7. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

What we have right now are the images that Tamashii Web have available for GokaiRed. You can check out amiami - it's all the same for now.

8. Synch

Synch Member

9. Shirubaa

Shirubaa Lurker

So how exactly do people ever afford exclusives? Are they really this expensive if you're living in Japan too or just because most of us have to get them imported and special ordered?

10. Synch

Synch Member

I pretty much skip over the entire rider line up cause of the exclusives & have done the same for the ranger line up so far aside for shinken red

11. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

Prioritizing helps somewhat.

12. ShukuenShinobi

ShukuenShinobi is The Underground Toy Reviewer

Home Page:
    They're expensive? Honestly they're only about ¥1000 more than most retail price Figuarts. It's more for us since we have to pay shipping plus middleman fees.

Creating a budget and prioritizing (I don't do either by the way.) helps too. It's not that hard.

13. Skiks

Skiks Member

I pretty much end up prioritizing figuarts over anything else but this isn't hard for me as action figures have always been something I've liked over any other thing I could buy as a kid. But I do end up buying DX rider items and other things that catch my eye here and there.

14. chubbyman

chubbyman Member

does the youtube partnership cover most of your spendings? just curious :laugh:

15. tom servo

tom servo Member

Does anyone honestly know the difference between the 3 Decade versions Figuarts has released? (Standard, Passion Form, Violent Emotion). It can't be something as simple as changes to the eyes..can it?

16. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

Passion and Violent Form are the same, just differently named, aren't they?

17. The_Emperor

The_Emperor now Nerd Emperor

Home Page:
    The shades of magenta are slightly different, IIRC. But I gave the revised Decade head from Violent Emotion to the old Decade and I think it looks fine. The difference isn't that big.

And yes, Passion and Violent are the same.

18. Vox Age

Vox Age Member

Don't get two figuarts you don't want, and instead divert that money into the exclusive you really, really want. Problem is that if you want an exclusive, you can't half-ass it. Gotta be balls deep. Gotta be willing to give up some money for it.

19. Zanki707

Zanki707 aka Steel A. Jeeg

Home Page:
    ¥1000 is a lot, for most people, though. You're talking $45 as opposed to $33 for ONE figure. Granted, it's not a necessity, but given the economic climate we're in right now, that can make or break the decision for some people. I have a pretty good job, but between bills, gas, living expenses for me and my daughter, etc... sometimes I really have to decide how important a figure is to me. So prioritizing is DEFINITELY important to collecting.

Case in point: I passed on both OOO combo sets. Last year, I would have jumped on these without hesitation. But the HUGE increase in price over the W two-packs, and the absolute swarm of exclusives released lately, made me think twice about them. And, in the end, Clay Doll and Crystal Skull seemed way more appealing.

20. virsago_mk2

virsago_mk2 Wagana wa HENTAI GEIST!

Very well said bro :thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.