S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Igadevil, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

See, I feel differently because there are still too many Japanese series to finish up like Kiva, J, ranger teams left unfinished, Gavan 2.0, Boo, Kid Goku, like a million other actual Toriyama created DB characters, Wiseman, Showa Godzilla monsters, etc. Oh, and how about they actually focus on getting the main OT cast out that they have been teasing for nearly a year now?

I know next to nothing about Amazons. In fact, I'm kind of Kamen Ridered out right now. I just can't bring myself to watch anything KR at the moment, even the series I love.

Suicide Squad figures look terrible, especially Joker. His forehead is huge, the mouth is even uglier than it looks in the movie, and the whole thing is just bleh. It looks like someone threw up and sculpted it into Joker.

2. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Even American wrestling? I would have thought their own professional wrestlers would be just as popular, if not more so.

3. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

It's a Amazon Prime web series that tries to recapture the feeling of early Heisei Rider shows. I guess its the equivalent to Netflix Marvel shows.

4. Zindaku

Zindaku New Member

Well WWE is. Hell, they even broadcasted this year's Wrestlmania this year in Japanese. (Also, New Day in Saiyan Armor)

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

You mean WWF right? Because I have no idea what WWE is. Isn't that some wildlife education center or something?

6. KamenGrappler

KamenGrappler Lurker

WWF changed to WWE several years ago

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Not listening or reading...

8. Tendou Soujiro

Tendou Soujiro Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto

Do you live under a rock? I have zero interest in wrestling but how in the world do you not know what WWE is?

9. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
    I'm pretty sure Dr. Kain was joking in that original post.

10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

:redface2:

I'm kidding. However, I refuse to call it by any other name because it was WWF when I was growing up, it was WWF when I stopped watching it, and I don't agree that some other organization was just allowed after like 30 years to make them change their name. They should have actually cared in the first year or two, NOT 30.

11. Jedah Crow

Jedah Crow Dull Brilliance

Home Page:
    Well "WWF" isn't the original name for the organization either. It's the third. Originally was CWC (Capitol Wrestling Corporation) from 1952-1963 when Jess McMahon founded it. WWWF (World Wide Wrestling Federation) from 1963-1979 when Vince McMahon, Sr. owned the company. Then it was WWF (World Wrestling Federation) from 1979-2002. And now WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) from 2002-current.

12. Zindaku

Zindaku New Member

Ok, let's move on from professional wrestling, and back to figuarts.

Ok with all the Ranma figuarts coming up, what are the chances for an Inuyasha figuart? Cause I seriously need something to go with my Kagome figma!

13. Thunder025

Thunder025 Member

I did a video review for the SHF Drive. Hope you enjoy it.

[video=youtube;ceZsuBJvmcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceZsuBJvmcQ[/video]

14. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

Ugh, I'm bothered by Ghost and Specter's mask.... It's supposed to be solid light colors, not transparent candy.

Edit: I have ghost and specter's figuarts now.... Ranger board definitely overrated them.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  15. Chronosaurus Archimedes

Chronosaurus Archimedes New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Tendou Soujiro

Tendou Soujiro Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto

Can't stand the Ghost and Specter Figuarts so far. I feel like most reviews have highly overrated them. I hate the old hip joints even though they had no choice for the Ghost Figuarts due to their leg designs. I just wish the new hip joints would become standard already but oh well. Their weapons are also way too huge on the Figuarts. The Gan Gun Hand is especially way out of proportion which wouldn't be such a big issue if the hands were molded to hold it better. I also don't understand why the waist articulation and ab crunches are non-existent on both figures. They just have so many issues that you wouldn't notice or care about unless you had the figure in hand. They still look sweet for the most part but actually having to fidget with them has made it difficult to turn a blind eye to their issues.

So far we've completely downgraded from the Drive and Gaim lines in my opinion. I guess it's to be expected from a company that doesn't know how to make cloth practical and look good when the show's designs revolve around parkas.

Have they given up on summer movie exclusive forms? I would kill for Drive Type Next and Special.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  17. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

You're telling me! I can't understand why it's difficult for ghost and specter to have body articulation. I took both of them apart and found nothing that made the tight joints make sense. Seriously, Kachidoki Arms moves better than them (though, that's probably because that's an awesome figuart)!

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Sounds like the Figuarts are just as much of a mess as the TV show.

19. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

^ You don't even watch the show how would you know it's a mess?

Magazine scans showing that Omega will be released in November and Alpha in December.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

I much rather not talk about the show here, but I can definitely say that the ghost figuarts are probably the worst figuarts we've had in a while.