S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Igadevil, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

Damn. I missed Marika, and by effect, Ryugen Yomi, I believe. That means I should have until August to pre-order Sigurd.

2. SentaiRiderFan

SentaiRiderFan MV Maker

Well, I have the original Decade (or at least, the violent emotion one), and it looks fine in-hand. Maybe it'll look better once we get some comparison pics, but right now, I'm not convinced it's a worth upgrade.

Figures that haven't yet been revealed and probably won't be made for years? Yeah, that'd be awesome.

3. Tendou Soujiro

Tendou Soujiro Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto

It might seem fine to you but next to the more recent figuarts bodies, it just pales in comparison. I can definitely understand if you don't feel convinced that it's worth buying if you have the original though.

4. KamenRiderBritannia

KamenRiderBritannia Lurker

Figures that don't exist....riiiiiiiiiiiight

5. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

I don't think any of us are getting worked up. I think we all knew that it could just be a display that doesn't mean anything. But some of us want to get a little upset anyways because this is the internet, and we can't have nice things until someone gets butthurt about something and ruins it for everyone else. Because that's how the internet works. :)

6. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

Violent emotion

[​IMG]

RENEWAL

[​IMG]

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Yeah, I'm no Decade fan by any means, but the Violent Emotion figure looks like complete ass. I bought it and wished I hadn't spent that $15 on it beause it was garbage. He didn't even come with his cards, which made him even worse.

Oh, and there is no need for Blade, Ryuki, and Den-O to have renewals. There is nothing wrong with their figures at all. In fact, Blade is the best rider Figuart period.

8. sinzz

sinzz Orange

I missed the Kamen rider 3 pre-order from Amiami.... fml.. I was so looking forward to the pre-order and had to fall asleep early... T_T anyone know of other reputable sites? I hear HLJ was having problems keeping their pre-order promises?

9. Amon

Amon Member

Image Anime has Ridee 3 up for pre-order at $41.

http://www.imageanime.com/smari3p.html

So far BBTS and Anime Island haven't posted up their pre-orders yet. Going by how low the price for Rider 3 is on IA then I guess Bluefin could release him. Sometimes BBTS and IA will have pre-orders for figuarts around normal retail price before Bluefin announces him.

10. Thunder025

Thunder025 Member

It's still better than Decade's first Figuart Release. I have a V1 Kuuga and I don't think buying the renewal (I love those die-cast feet) but if you have a V1 Decade you might want to pick up the renewal.

[​IMG]

What gets me is why Decade is getting a third version while we still don't have a Kiva Kiva Form Figuart. It would be nice to have renewals of the very first figuarts (The First, The Next, The Imagin)

11. Skiks

Skiks Member

You had me at painted joints. I'm glad it's been remade. I can now do an Attack ride: Illusion as well once I get it.

12. Amon

Amon Member

I got my SHF Machine Chaser in the mail this morning and he's fantastic. No flaws on mine.

13. Tendou Soujiro

Tendou Soujiro Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto

Got mine recently too along with Drive. My only issue is that his head is slightly too small and Drive's is slightly too big. But still, the Drive Figuarts have blown me away so far. As much as I enjoyed Gaim, the Figuarts were really questionable to me. I can't wait to get Mach in a few weeks.

I can't believe the Shift cars can fit in the Break Gunner. It's such a nice touch.

14. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

So Bluefin was at A-Kon in Dallas this past weekend and they were hands down one of the worst customer service experiences I ever had at a convention. I asked the employee if I could look at Broly, he told me sure and then walked away to help another guy just because he had his cash in his hand. -_-

16. Kaido

Kaido Member

Did u get Broly in the end? He is a massive figure and totally awesome.

17. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

No, all of the employees ignored me to ring people out that were buying right away. Whatever. I went to another table and found some oop Toho DVDs from Media Blasters that I needed instead. And then I bought the Figma Pyramid Head for $55 from another table. I can do without Broly.

18. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

Understand that it is a convention, which is awfully busy. There will be a lot of people who have priority because they are willing to do business first than ask questions later, especially in a hectic environment. Anything less is a waste of person's time and resources. I would know, I work at retail.

Any news on standard Gaim re-issues? Specifically Baron? Or should I give up and resort to Mandarake?

19. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

I don't think Baron is getting a re-release any time soon. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though.

20. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Yes, I know that. However, he could have just asked if I could wait a moment. Instead, he told me yes as if he was going to grab it for me right then and there, and then walked away to take care of other people. That is rude customer service. Not to mention A-Kon was not even half as busy as AX was and the BF guys that were at AX were so much more friendly and helpful. These people seemed like they were there against their will and treated everyone as a $ sign instead of a customer.

Oh and as someone who worked at Best Buy for 5 years, I know how busy it can get, but that is no excuse to just ignore your customers and treat others like **** just because they aren't waving their money in your face.