S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Igadevil, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

@Dr Kain

Yeah. But I think the show is getting a little better in the second half.

*sigh*

I kinda want to get Drive now. Having Mashin Chaser and (eventually) Sangou without Drive feels kinda wrong haha.

Also Kaji I don't understand your question. :sweat:

2. Thunder025

Thunder025 Member

3. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

My questions are as I asked.

Which Gaim or Blade exclusive figures are still available for Pre-order on the Tamashii website, and when will they run be released (so I know when to Preorder them by)?

And I remember someone brought up that Gaim and Baron are getting rereleased in the future, or that there is a possibility, and that Blue Fin will be able to distribute them. Has there been any news regarding that, or will I still have to pay second-hand price for a Baron Banana?

4. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

Gaim is getting a re-release in June. Sites like Hobby Search has him up: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10258374
    I'm not sure about Baron or anything regarding Blue-Fin distribution. As for exclusives, Sigurd is up (October release) and Marika's pre-order has closed (July release). I don't think there is any Blade exclusive up for pre-order.

I decided to cancel Mashin Chaser and Ride Chaser. I don't like the series enough and The Avengers line is ridiculously expensive. I think I'm only getting The Avengers this year.

5. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

6. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

….Okay, it's time to rant now…

A Ryuki and Blade renewal? Really? If both of them doesn't come with the accessories the original ones did, then they're dead on arrival. I really hope those silhouettes are just based on the originals.

That Type Formula being an exclusive thing better be a joke, because that's just a bunch of crock. What's that? The sculpt warrants it being an exclusive despite selling an important form as an exclusive, and also selling least important forms like Deadheat Drive/Mach as retail? There isn't even that many Drive costumes in the show and we're already making important ones exclusive <_<

7. skywing-TM

skywing-TM Member

Imho, the semi-final form is not a guarantee to be made into retail (example: Kuuga Amazing, Faiz Axel, Blade Jack, Wizard All-Dragon [well, 3/4 of it XD]). I just hope they won't repeat the stunt with Blade King form for Drive's final form. Out of all Drive's forms, that's the one I want to be made into figuarts the most lol.

All these reveals, and (still) no Digimon/Pokemon/Megaman Figuarts. That's okay, I'll just wait again... patiently... Oh look, my beard finally reached my toes :3

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  8. Shynilyte

Shynilyte Shyni

Home Page:
    I think the silhouettes are based on the costumes, considering Faiz' head doesn't look undersized.

9. Amon

Amon Member

I'm surprise no one is bitching about a possible Den-O renewal? Den-O sword form is already a great figure and renewing him would be utter pointless. Same with renewing Blade and Ryuki. Tamashii must be running out of ideas if they are going to renewals of figuarts that are already good. Where's the renewals of W, OOO, Faiz, the Imagin, Ichigo from The First/The Next, Nigo from The First/The Next and V3 from The First/The Next? Heck why not give us more SHF rider villains please?

10. skywing-TM

skywing-TM Member

^ honestly, I thought that was just a fancy display :laugh: (although, I don't think any Kiva fans want to hear that :sweat: lol)
    You and I think alike for the The First/The Next renewal :laugh:

11. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

I'm actually talking about Ryuki and Blade (their original figures). Sorry for not making that clear.

Anyways, I can't describe how this is a bad idea on Ryuki and Blade…. Mostly because it's right in front of us! They either need to do something new or come with the original accessories, or else it WILL bomb. It's not a question of it, but WHEN. It'll make people go after the originals that'll rack up in price.

12. Jedah Crow

Jedah Crow Dull Brilliance

Home Page:
    Don't care about the renewals that much but I'm impressed with how well Yongou looks as a Figuart. He actually came out better than Sangou, I might just have to pick him up. Surprised there was no Kamen Rider Chaser though.

13. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Technically, V3 was only in The Next, not The First. :D
    But I hear you. Not every main Rider needs a renewal just yet. Heck, I'd prefer to see more Super Sentai Figuarts first.

14. KamenRiderBritannia

KamenRiderBritannia Lurker

Love how some of you are getting worked up over a silhouette image that for all we know means precisely dick! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I see is a nice display, done in such a way that completes the circle of Heidi riders by combining it with the figures on display, nothing more!

15. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

No, don't say that!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  16. Tendou Soujiro

Tendou Soujiro Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto

I'm going to get cancer from the stupidity of this. Please.

17. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

That Blade silhouette better be just a silhouette of original figuarts. Last time I checked, they stated the Blade figures was already using the Renewal body. If any of these figuarts came with their original accessories? Fine. Maybe it'll be an updated reissue.

Perhaps it's too early to say that they'll renew already existing renewals. I just hope they make the right calls, because releasing a $50-60 figuarts with less accessories than aged figuarts doesn't sound like a good investment.

18. SentaiRiderFan

SentaiRiderFan MV Maker

I agree with Britannia's assessment of the silhouette situation. Also, am I crazy, or does Renewal Decade look no different from the original (belt and eyes aside)?

19. Tendou Soujiro

Tendou Soujiro Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto

It's just you. The proportions are so much better which is most noticeable in the abdomen area. The older Figuarts have such retarded proportions that I'd be very surprised if it isn't the first thing you pick up on. They also closed the gap between the shoulders and torso, another annoying problem the older Figuarts have.

20. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

Wouldn't that display be 100 x better if those silhouettes were replaced by actual renewal figures? ;)