S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Igadevil, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

God that is such an ugly Drive form. Looks more like a rejected Constructicon design than a Kamen Rider suit.

2. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

Hulk looks weird. Something is off about Captain America as well. Hopefully those aren't the final sculpts.

3. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

They're done in an "anime" type style. Especially Hulk.

Premium Drive Pit set

[​IMG]

It's about the size of a hot wheel set

4. KamenRiderBritannia

KamenRiderBritannia Lurker

its not SHF so doesnt belong in this thread. try the Drive toy thread

5. goldlantern

goldlantern New Member

I absolutely detest the Zeronos Altair mold. No double jointed torso, and the feet are too wide. The hands are molded pretty cheaply and don't hold his saber worth squat. Low articulation in the shoulders due to his shoulder pads. Now, it looks like from that image that Vega is using the same mold, just with the cape and EXTRA shoulder pads. So, look forward to even LESS articulation on the shoulders than before.

6. Shynilyte

Shynilyte Shyni

Home Page:
    It's not a burst effect, it's a large machine called Final Meteor, also from Mebius.

7. Amon

Amon Member

Any release date for Black Beet yet?

8. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
    Yeah I saw that in the Ultra-Act thread, looked like a burst to me based on that image.

9. Kaido

Kaido Member

That robotic looking Ultraman a couple of pages back looks so bad ass, must buy for me. I like these Avengers figures too. But I agree, I want more Dragonball figures... at this rate I'll be long dead before I get all the figures I want. I also wouldn't mind seeing more Injustice figures... Speaking of Injustice Figuarts, Injustice Superman is now available for preorder in North America.

10. goldlantern

goldlantern New Member

Batman/Superman didn't interest me - I'm waiting on a GL/YL variant.

11. sinzz

sinzz Orange

[​IMG]

Holy crap, Figuarts Hulkbuster! if it's <=$100 it will be on my buy list!

12. Zeltrax541

Zeltrax541 New Member

Agreed, Sinzz. If I can't buy the Hot-Toys HulkBuster, the figuarts version shall be MINE.

13. Kaido

Kaido Member

I hope Bluefin will get to distribute Marvel figures to help save a little bit on these... Thor doesn't look that great to me, but I will probably get him as well to complete the team.

14. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

There's not a chance Hasbro will allow them to be released in the US.

I think we'll be lucky if the Hulk is less than $100.

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Any word on when Luke is going to go on sale for preorder?

16. arnoldmcguire335

arnoldmcguire335 Continuing the Creddie legacy

Home Page:
    ONORE HASBRO!!!

They really are that jealous of Bandai, aren't they?
    Oh right, their friend Takara Tomy can't DO THAT!!!

17. Tendou Soujiro

Tendou Soujiro Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto

Does anyone here have Blade King form? I got mine today but there's something that worries me. The hands that are supposed to hold the sword seem very weird and unfitting for it. Is it just me that feels this way?

18. goldlantern

goldlantern New Member

I've had Blade King since release - and the hands are just fine. How do you mean?

I think the main difference is that most of the hands are sculpted to allow for 2h posing instead of 1. (with the possible exception of the hand that I think is specifically for the "sword drag" pose)

19. Tendou Soujiro

Tendou Soujiro Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto

The way the hand is cupped is really small and it looks/feels like I'm forcibly stretching out the hand as long as it's holding the sword. Looking at the way it's sculpted makes me feel like he's supposed to hold the sword sideways even though I know that's not true. Like, when I put the sword in the hand, there's still a pretty big gap inside the hand. I've never seen this with any other figuart. Maybe I'm just nitpicking. Amazing figure otherwise.

20. goldlantern

goldlantern New Member

Okay, I sort of get where the complaint is - and I think it's how I thought it was. Basically, the King Rouser is sort of like a Dark Souls greatsword (I hope you get the reference on the pose here). Because of its weight, it doesn't get handled like other weapons. Best poses are either standing straight up, in some sort of extended slash, or with it resting on a shoulder.