S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Igadevil, Jun 4, 2013.

1. KamenRiderBritannia

KamenRiderBritannia Lurker

too tight? all i heard and experienced was too loose. Tight enough to hold it but soon as you even blink at it it would fall out

2. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

BARON

BARON

BARON

BARON

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Why would I buy him now (and honestly, I would have already bought him if I could afford it) when BF is going to release him? In fact, I haven't bought anything from Japan since Green Clover came out.

No, the problem is that holster can't even hold the sword in. Like I can't even get the sword to attach to it for even a second because there is nothing for it to attach to.

4. Amon

Amon Member

BF will release the other retail Gaim releases if they get reissue. So far Ryugen is not getting reissue at the moment and I doubt he will be.

5. SentaiRiderFan

SentaiRiderFan MV Maker

Looks like Mach is (somehow) still in stock at AmiAmi, as is the Gaim reissue (for those who don't want to wait for Bluefin).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

I don't see their announcement say anything about the figures needing to be reissued. I see them saying they ARE releasing all of the retail ones.

7. Jedah Crow

Jedah Crow Dull Brilliance

Home Page:
    Unfortunately, that's not how Bluefin has operated in the past. They've never released an older figure out of the blue, on their own. They've only ever released older figures if they just got a re-issue in Japan because that's when Bluefin can refill their stock. Gaim is getting re-issued in June, Bluefin will get their stock of the figure then and release him in North America in late July/early August.

8. Amon

Amon Member

Did anyone got SHF Master Asia yet?

9. goldlantern

goldlantern New Member

I just received my Blue Beet from okinawam - here's what I think about it.

Base mold: Joints are slightly stiff, should hold poses well.
    Torso is double jointed. I LIKE THAT.

Hip joints - not a lot of movement here due to the thigh armor plating. You'll be able to push the leg forward into a kick or lunge, but there is no side to side (roundhouse) motion, nor can you move the leg back. I DON'T LIKE THIS.
    Gun holster holds the blaster securely.
    Ankle joints have plenty of motion, toe joints do not - in this regard it feels like a lesser version of the G3/G3-X figures. I DO NOT LIKE THIS.

Accessory count: Blade, Drill, closed and open vent window for the blade/drill handle, 6 extra hands, Blaster.

Summary: I'm a fan of the American BeetleBorg series, and that's probably where all of my enthusiasm comes from, on the figure. I feel like the G3/G3X are far better in terms of mobility, and that this is a valid comparison to make given the figures' armor coverage - I'm not merely comparing them because they're all blue. I also feel, drawing another comparison, that the figure would have benefited from die-cast feet - but alas, they're plastic.

10. KamenRiderBritannia

well i finally got my Gaim Pine and Barton Mango 2 pack and im loving it! Most of you will be glad to hear that (atleast on mine) Gaims Musou Saber stays in his holster perfectly!

2 minor nit picks:- i guess it doesnt matter too much since they are not meant as play things to swing around and are meant to be more like display figures but the chain on the pine iron does feel a little weak so take some care there, also while the hands on baron mango do plug in securely they do seem a bit too loose to hold the mango punisher in one hand securely (still need to test out some more one-handed poses to be sure but thats the 1st impression. currently have him 2-handing it so its no biggy right now)

11. Glamador

Glamador Member

12. Jedah Crow

Home Page:
    Collection DX posted these pictures from Winter Wonderfest 2015.

Sailor V
    [​IMG]

Sailor Pluto
    [​IMG]

13. Kaido

Kaido Member

Thanks guys, I like these little mini reviews!

14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

I can do without drag queen Sailor Moon and Sailor V, but Pluto and Super Sailor Moon are must buys.

15. sinzz

sinzz Orange

[​IMG]
    [HIDE][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

16. SentaiRiderFan

SentaiRiderFan MV Maker

^Good to know the hubcap does more than just look pretty when the tire's not being used. And that the shift car in the brace is removable, that'll make some displays easier (let's just hope it isn't loose).

17. KamenRiderBritannia

weve known about that for a while since the initial pics of max flares accesories came with the lever mode shift car and belt image pieces

18. Jedah Crow

Home Page:
    Super Sailor Moon comes out in July and is retail release. I might have to pass though since my budget is going to be tight by then. Still, the figure is looking really good!

19. arnoldmcguire335

arnoldmcguire335 Continuing the Creddie legacy

Home Page:
    Nice! I'll just wait until they announce Eternal SM.

20. skywing-TM

skywing-TM Member

[​IMG]
    source: figures.com
    At first, I was only gonna wait for either Ulforce or Magna. But this is very tempting. (If it's a regular release of course :p)