Proplica News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Dark Kabuto, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

So this is a very out of left field announcement but we're getting a new adult oriented roleplay toy line that's starting off with Sailor Moon's Moon Wand..this looks like Japan's answer to the Legacy stuff BOA's been doing:

[​IMG]

[hide]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/hide]

The Moon Wand is coming out in April 2014 for 8800 yen which is very reasonable considering how expensive the AKibaranger roleplay toys were.

Going forward…I'm very interested in seeing what Bandai does next with this line.

2. arnoldmcguire335

arnoldmcguire335 Continuing the Creddie legacy

Home Page:
    I wonder if they could also do some Pretty Cure weapons and stuff in the new line, and release some Sentai weapons in there too. Boy the possibilities will be endless in this new line.

3. The Scream Man

The Scream Man Podcaster and Toy Commentator

I wonder if the Jewel is removable...

4. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

Yeah, I'd love to see them do their own version of the "legacy morpher". A screen accurate dinobuckler with none of the silly sounds. A lot of the Precure weapons/items could be great too, since Precure usually gets screwed pretty hard when it comes to DX toys. I'd especially love to see the Heart Perfume devices, I think they'd be great display items.

5. RiderFan18

RiderFan18 Member

Maybe this is how bandai would release the 1/1 scale Deka-Wapper that we saw a while back as well as maybe the other Akibaranger weapons. Looking forward to seeing more to come.

Or maybe they'd finally release KR Eternal's Eternal Edge weapon that we never got a Dx release of, that would be awesome!

6. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

Should the title say, Sailor Moon or will this expand to other properties?

7. Dark Kabuto

No one knows if it's going to stick to Sailor Moon or not, so I left the title open in case the line does expand.

8. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

Heck YEAH!

9. The Scream Man

The Scream Man Podcaster and Toy Commentator

I'd be pretty surprised if they don't. Unless this one is a flop.

10. Jedah Crow

Jedah Crow Dull Brilliance

Home Page:
    I would expect them to do other series as well. The success of the Z-Cunes from Akiba Ranger is probably what prompted them to make a new label for 1:1 roleplay toys in the first place.

11. arnoldmcguire335

Home Page:
    In case they reissue it, they should reissue it under this line, complete with Proplica logo and all.

12. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

1:1 Roleplay toys...

Imagine 1:1 roleplay swords...none of those DX butter knives in our Kamen Rider or Super Sentai...

13. Silent_X

Silent_X Member

I can't decide if Proplica is the best or worst collectible line name.

Yeah, I could get into this line if they do that kind of stuff.
    The stubby blades are one of the main reasons I can't get into roleplay toys.

The Legacy Dragon Dagger kind of feels like it would belong in this line.

14. Dark Kabuto

I can see them repacking the Legacy Morpher with a Zyuranger plate for this line, actually.

15. arnoldmcguire335

Home Page:
    I would love that, esp. if they do a Proplica Shinkenmaru with compatibility for toy Hiden Discs, to save money.

16. arnoldmcguire335

Home Page:
    Just bumping to say something related to the upcoming Kyoryuger keys,
    They should make a Proplica Mobirates (The Gokaiger one, not the Legend one) in which its audio bank can be updated through USB whenever a new team or team member debuts.

But of course they'll keep the functions and audio from both the Regular and Legend Mobirates, (As in both VS and Examine modes stay in the same unit) and also retain the size from the toy version and use rechargeable batteries.

17. Silent_X

Silent_X Member

Do the exclusive ranger keys that don't work int he mobirates, like the Akibaranger ones, still have unique teeth? Considering the mobirates's gimmick is a mechanical one I could see that being a problem eventually.

18. arnoldmcguire335

Home Page:
    In such cases, maybe they can use a non-mechanical reader, like reading the teeth design to immediately prepare the right sounds.

19. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

PV up and it's amazing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRMMHHZsNEA"]2014?4??????PROPLICA ????????? ????????? - YouTube[/ame]

20. ClimaxHeroDen-O

ClimaxHeroDen-O Ore, Sanjou!

*sigh* honestly, you don't need to bash on them like this, because there are legit reasons why they're like that. A. so they can be sold at reasonable prices, and B. because they're scaled down for the kids they're targeted at; what seems small to an adult collector is often the right size for a kid. plus, to a kid, the play features are usually more important than accuracy

now, while I'm not against the idea of 1:1 toku weapons, a lot of them would theoretically be quite expensive, and in some cases it'd likely be more cost-efficient to just make your own