[Video Game] ProjectXZone

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Ragna "D" BloodEdge, Sep 19, 2012.

1. xSHiNOx

xSHiNOx Budou though

to me, Kogoro and Mii are ripoffs of Haken and Kaguya. it'd be better off without those two even with Mii's huge funbags

2. ShadowNeko003

ShadowNeko003 Lurker

Home Page:
    Yeah, I agree that Korogo and Mii are just there.

I'm at chapter 29. I love this game!

3. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

Y'know, I actually find the original villains a lot more interesting then the protagonists, they're designs are really neat. Due is the one that stands out amongst them.

I think the problem with Kogoro and Mii is that they're pretty much the generic bad ass and the generic eye candy, in a game that's filled with more recognizable bad asses and eye candy. I honestly can't think of ANYTHING that makes the two characters stand out from the crowd.

Actually, Mii seems more important to the story but that just means that Kogoro is pretty much the one that just tags along, which I do find a little funny. Usually in RPGs it's the other way around.

4. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Not really, there are plenty or RPGs that, even though they have a male protagonist, the pivotal character is the girl. Many Final Fantasy and Tales games are like that. I say is very close to 50/50.

One which is the other way around is Shining Force EXA and its two main character are in this game :laugh: (that was plus for me to buy it.)

5. Dark Kabuto

You'll be pleased to know that the Shinning Force characters are really good in the game.

Later on, they get an attack that traps the enemy in ice and keeps them up in the air for a few seconds.

6. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

Having lots of fun with this game... but man is it linear o.o Those poor characters never get a moment of respite!

I like how everybody is pretty much relax about the whole proceeding and being really confident they can kick the crap out of the villain. No one freaking out on that team.

I love Xiaomu and I'm so happy she's back :D she plays The World, what a nerd :p

I'm bit annoyed the opening doesn't have any vocals though :/

7. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

I really like that almost every character in the game is known (or known of) by another character from a different series.

My personal favorite so far has been Dante, specially when Demitri compared him to Sparda.

8. Dark Kabuto

I know! I had a geek out moment when Zero recognized KOS MOS and Tron.

9. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

I feel so sorry for Souma. Being a deadpan character in that sort of cast must be horrible for him.

I'm surprise how much I like Frank West in the game. Also the fact that they treat the even of Dead Rising as if they were something from Resident Evil is a nice touch.

10. Dark Kabuto

Frank West seems like a real odd ball choice for this kind of game but I think at the time when this was announced, I was just sick of him showing up everywhere.

But I kinda warmed up to him a little. I like the way he reacts to the more sexualized characters in the game, and I appreciate the irony of pairing a zombie killer with a Chinese zombie.

I knew there was something I didn't really like about Souma, he did seem a little flat and one dimensional to me.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  11. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

The funny thing to me is that with almost every other character being so colorful, it causes Souma to stick out like a sore thumb. :laugh:

Looking at Kogoro & Mii and Reiji & Xiaomu, I wish the would swap games. The previous protagonists are far more likable than this new pair.

12. Dark Kabuto

Mii at least has a purpose in this story, Kogoro is pretty much along for the ride. As I stated before: The villains I find much more interesting then the protagonists

13. Undrave

Those 'Perfect!!! Erotica' moments are HILARIOUS hahaha.

14. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Loved the moment in Chapter 12 when the "Hall of Memories" was mentioned, Kite's comment that, if they were in a video game, that would be a really important place and then Kaguya's answer saying that it is important. :laugh:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  15. Dark Kabuto

I think my favrioute moment is when they go into the God Eater world for the first time, they get sucked into the portal and Xiaomu's response is "Craaaaaaazy!":laugh:

16. Undrave

Man those battles keep getting longer and longer o.o and they just bring in the pain with mid-fight reinforcements...good thing most enemies don't move until you get close or you'd get trashed in a heartbeat.

17. Dark Kabuto

It gets a bit easier once you unlock multi attacks but yeah, the battles do kinda go on the long side. Gets really difficult when you have to deal with 3-4 bosses at a given time.

18. Undrave

I just realized that Project X Zone follows the 'right to left' principle, with the good guys standing on the right of the screen and attacking the villains on the left :D

19. ShadowNeko003

ShadowNeko003 Lurker

Home Page:
    Half the characters know each other from the previous game.

I'm on chapter 31 I think. The game is faster than the previous, I was on a ~2 hour battle for ch 24 and 25 in Namco x Capcom. I wish I could still wipe the map with KOS-MOS, although she's still a power house in PxZ.

20. Undrave

So any funny team up you guys found? Teaming Bahn with Sakura and Ichiro gave me a funny piece of dialogue, and then there's Soma hilarious way of keeping both Alisa straight "One of you has a detachable head, the other does not." :laugh:. Neneko with Frank and Hsien-Ko also has a fun little dialogue.

I want to try Tron with X and Zero next!