[Video Game] ProjectXZone

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Ragna "D" BloodEdge, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ShadowNeko003

ShadowNeko003 Lurker

Home Page:
    Bet you they regret not releasing Namco x Capcom overseas.

I'm really surpised that there's no Sonic characters, considering it's Sega's mascot and flagship.

2. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

Yeah, the lack of more recognizable characters on Sega's end is pretty surprising. Real surprised that Bayoentta and Yakuza didn't make the cut.

But I'm even more surprised at the inclusion of Resonance of Fate, I was under the impression that the game wasn't really all that popular given that hardly anyone talks about it.

3. draewon

draewon Lurker

they also didn't include Phantasy Star and Monster Hunter, to compete with God Eater

if Sonic were in, Pac Man should be in too

and Capcom doesn't have any RPG rep from theirs IIRC? too bad, it would've been a good time to use those BOF characters again...

4. Dark Kabuto

Does Megaman Legends count as one?

5. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Really on the fence whether to buy this game or not... :sweat:

6. Dark Kabuto

Well, I will say this about the game: If you're a fan of any of the series involved in the games, or if the concept of a crossover game like this intrigues you, you probably will end up enjoying it.

7. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Well, Decade is my favorite KR series and Zoids Legacy (a xover of the entire Zoids franchise) is one of my favorites GBA games. (Funny enough, Zoids Legacy used dimensional walls almost exactly like Decade only five years prior).

Question: does the story campaign in ProjectXZone depends too closely on recognizing the playable character? Because I only know a handful.

8. Dark Kabuto

Not really. You might miss a few fanservice bits, but they do a good job of keeping everything self contained. There's also an in game encyclopaedia that helps make everything a lot clearer.

I'm only really familiar with maybe 50% of the series that's involved, but not once did I feel like I was being left out of the loop.

9. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

That's great to hear. Thanks.

I'm paid on Thursday, so I have until then to make up my mind, but a self-contained story is one more my more important requirements, so things are looking good. Hopefully, they'll still have the limited edition.

10. Dark Kabuto

There is a demo on the eshop but I'd advise against playing it, as I don't think the Demo did a good job of representing the game. It's very, VERY limiting in what you can actually do.

As for the limited edition…you might be able to find it kicking around here and there. My Gamestop still had four of them like, two days after the release. Compared to past Limited Editions, this was one where you didn't need to pre order in order to get.

11. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

I heard about the demo. What was it 3 or 4 tries only?

Most of the Game Stops near my house still have the limited edition as of this evening, with luck it'll stay like that until I can buy it.

12. Dark Kabuto

I think it was five tries.

13. draewon

draewon Lurker

i mean traditional one, kinda like those battle network game if megaman is to be an example, Bamco has SRW and Xenosaga whereas Sega had the likes of Sakura Taisen and Shining

14. Dark Kabuto

Decided to pair Batsu with Harken Browning and Kaguya, and it's a real weird thing, listening to two different flavours of Nobuyuki Hiyama going off at the same time.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  15. KamenRiderShinzo

KamenRiderShinzo Everywhere You Go

Yeah, Hiyama is awesome, but I like Tomokazu Seki better. Tomokazu Sugita is one of my top favourites. It would've been so awesome to see Bullet, who Sugita voices, from Super Robot Taisen OG in this game! He could probably use a sword or even nunchaku, since KoRyuOh, his mecha, uses them!:D

16. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Bit the bullet and bought the game :anime:

17. Dark Kabuto

How's it working out for you?

18. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

It's a slow start... But then again, most video games are like that for me.

Love the crazy and flashy battle gameplay, but I had a bad first impression of the two protagonist...

19. Dark Kabuto

Yeah, Korogo and Mii are just sort of…there. They really don't stand out as much as the rest of the cast.

Keep at it though, I thought the prologues were off to a slow start too but really got into it once all the different characters started popping up.

20. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

The game really makes me wish that I had a 3DS XL, specially for the battles.

Unfortunately, even if I had the money to buy one, Nintendo just revealed the Pokemon XY 3DS XL and I'm still foolish enough to hope they will come to the States.