Power Rangers Samurai Toy thread - "Go Go Samurai!"

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by MetalSymphony, Mar 4, 2011.

1. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

I figured we could use a place to Talk Samurai Toys:
    -Where to buy
    -What you have
    -What you want
    -Whats cool and whats a PoS

and etc.

RANGERS TOGETHER, SAMURAI FOREVER!

2. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

Anyway, here is what i have so far:
    DX Samurai Megazord
    Samuraizer Morpher
    Spin Sword
    Zord&Fig Series 1 - Beetle Zord with Green Ranger*
    Zord&Fig Series 1 - Tiger Zord with Red Ranger*
    Zord&Fig Series 1 - Swordfish Zord with Blue Ranger*

* I have ordered these and they have shipped, but i haven't got them yet.

I also have these Pre-Ordered RN:
    DX Clawzord (July 2011)
    Gold Ranger Morpher (July 2011)
    Samurai Training Set (August 2011)
    Red Shogun Ranger Armor & 12'' Battlized Red Ranger Pack (Q3 2011)

3. BoukenSilver83

BoukenSilver83 shinkenchange!starninger!

4. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

5. ShukuenShinobi

ShukuenShinobi is The Underground Toy Reviewer

Home Page:
    Price seems kinda low for something that should be BIGGER than the $30 Samurai Megazord.

Good sign though, considering the Bandai rep made it sound like the Claw Megazord would be the last...but then again, I guess it's not really marketed as a Megazord. lol

The first thing I thought of when I seen the title was the Overdriver Vehicle we seen at Toyfair, but I don't think that had batteries nor can it combine with the zord system. lol

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  6. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

Truth.
    I get the feeling it's more of a Placeholder price, but it's better than nothing!

I wonder why BBTS hasn't listed the Octopus and Gold Ranger Zord & Fig set showed at Toyfair when they have pretty much everything else shown up (The Training Set, Red Shougun Ranger, DX Clawzord etc)

7. The_Emperor

The_Emperor now Nerd Emperor

Home Page:
    I heard Canada is getting them in July. They will be available in all mass retailers, so they say... but I hope they can walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

I don't have any PR Samurai toys at the moment, but I kind of want the 4" Mega Mode Red Samurai Ranger, at least four Moogers (Nanashi), and the to-be-released Deker (Juuzo). If I have to resort to online, those are what I'd get. But if they appear at local stores, I would likely end up getting all the figures...

As someone who doesn't like Battlizers, I actually think that Red Shogun Armor is pretty nice. I only wish they made it available in another scale other than 12". I would actually get it had it been available in 4" or 5" scale and it would have been my first Battlizer figure ever.

As for what's bad, I'd say the Zords and the Samuraizer from the reviews I've seen.

I know I was hard on the line at first and I initially didn't like the Mega Modes, but they grew on me over time. It also helped seeing them used in the show. I think it's a creative thing they did and is one of the reasons I enjoy PR, to see another approach and what original stuff they come up with for a Sentai. Aside from the fact that they're 4", I'd go so far as to say that I like this line.

8. Bogard

Bogard Irregular Hunter

I haven't been able to find anything around here, probably because everyone is too backstocked on other toylines to get PRS.

If nothing else, I at least want the Samurai Megazord.

9. DoGu

DoGu Member

I'm not getting the Samurai line since I've got the Shinkenger line, but Clawzord? Interesting name to call Ebi Origami, which I'm assuming. Anyways, what's the Samurai Training Set?

10. Bigdog

Bigdog Member

Here's my review on the 4 inch Mega mode figures :

Actually , the 4 inchers are splendid. They are basically to the Power Rangers /Sentai line what SICs are to Kamen Riders, to be specific the SIC Tamashii Line. As a result ,they have almost the same amount of articulation in exception to the head and the rotating torso . The weapons are as I expected from them but I did not really pay heed to them as the figures are my only focus.

For comparison, I had bought the SIC Tamashii Kamen Rider Faiz and it leads me to believe BOA used them as a base for theirs and made it slighlty cheaper. If it wasn't for the torso I'd rate it 5/5 but for the lack of articulation only in their Japanese cousins it'll get a 4.5.

FYI, they need to make enlarged SIC'D versions of the Mega Mode figures along with ones of their normal forms or just import the Shinkenger SH Figuarts for them.

11. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

I hear you Emperor.

BoA's Twitter said PRS toys will hit north of the 49th in "Mid-August" at all Major Retaliers. Why are we so behind?

The Morpher is VERY cheap feeling and Plasticy. It's almost like it's a Chinese knock-off, not a official toy. But for only $11, you get what you pay for.

Same with the Spinsword. But it gets points for looking and feeling like and Actual Sword unlike the BoJ Shinken Steak-Knife.

The Megazord isn't that bad actually. Again you just need to remember that, though it's vastly inferior to the BoJ Samurai-Oh, it is at least $60 less and does what it needs to (More or less).

I don't have any of the Aux Zords yet (they are all in the Mail), but reviews i have seen arn't that bad. The Equip's arn't show accurate, but they look decent enough and look bitchn' as the Samurai Battlewing/Megazord.

But hey, YMMV. As with anyone.

12. The_Emperor

The_Emperor now Nerd Emperor

Home Page:
    Oh great... so even later... :redface2:

I initially thought about picking up the Spin Sword/ShinkenMaru (to go with my ShinkenRed jacket for a possible cosplay if I ever so wished to) due to the better proportions it had... but the size ended up being way smaller and disappointing. :disappoin

13. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

Can't win them all, eh?

14. KickHopper

KickHopper Rajio Showa Rider

Anybody else notice that the Red extra vehicle, the car thing, looks strikingly similar to the Operation Overdrive Red Transtek All-Terrain Vehicle?

15. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

If by "strikingly similar" you mean it's the exact some toy then i'd say yes.

16. KickHopper

KickHopper Rajio Showa Rider

Exactly what I meant, sir :D

17. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

Ok guys, my Beetle and Tiger Zords Arrived!
    Mini-Reviews Below

Excuse the crappy pics, working with the GF's Cam Phone.

Beetle Zord
    [HIDE]Now, i have to say this boy is bigger than i thought he would be, and more dense. He's no Kabuto Origami, but is still a solid looking and feeling Zord.

[​IMG]Size when compared with the Lion Zord

His main gimmick remains, in that his head spins as you move him along a surface. His "Disc" however is molded in and does not turn, nor do his feet move.

Now, by popping off the head you can slap it on the Samurai Megazord to make the Beetle Blaster Megazord!

[​IMG]

The primary difference between the Kabuto and this is that the rear of the beetle does not stay on, it instead get used as a Shield (tha is very nice, since the Megazord doesn't come with one). Also the Leg's do not attach to the arms.

Show Accurate it's not.

The Zord also comes with a Green Ranger Figure, you can move it's head that thats about it.

[​IMG]

BOTTOM LINE
    Those looking for Show Accuracy will not be please, at all, with the Bettle Zord. However, for those less inclined it is a solid Armament for the Megazord and give's it a nice shield. The Fig is nothing much but is a nice extra.

Infobox:
    Price - $14.99
    Bought From - Ebay[/HIDE]

Tiger
    [HIDE]Like the Beetle Zord, the Tiger Zord wound be being larger than i had thought it would be and was more Solid. Again, it's no Tora but it looks the part.

[​IMG]
    With the other cat.....;3

His Gimmick also somewhat remains, as when you move him his front Drill-Legs will spin around. The back Leg's do not.

With some fiddling with the legs, flipping up the connector on the back of the Lion Zord and poping the head off, you can make the Tiger (somthing) Megazord!

[​IMG]

Show INaccuray ho! It may lack the "Drill-Nipples" of Tora Shinken-Oh, but he otherwise looks and feel fine. It doesn't really do much in this mode, but use your Imagination! Also the rest does not close up into a circle, it's stuck open.

It also comes with a Red Ranger Fig that has double the articulation of the Green gig, this one can move his wrist! (WOW!)

[​IMG]

BOTTOM LINE
    The Tiger Zord is another decent addison to the line. It looks nice in both modes, but at the cost of Show Accuracy. The Fig is ok, but it's no SH Figart.

Infobox:
    Price - $14.99
    Bought From - Ebay
    [/HIDE]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  18. Tatoba621

Tatoba621 Henshin!

i'm pretty sure it is that operation overdrive vehicle because

A:why would it be that much if a regular megazord is 30 bucks?
    B:it did have batteries
    C:looking at the the toyfair 2011 pics you will see pegs that are use for the zord system on it

so i think it IS the operation overdrive vehicle

19. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

NECRO!
    :thumbs:

20. Tatoba621

Tatoba621 Henshin!

what???

anyway i currently have...

all the zords (megazord,tiger/beetle,swordfish)
    all wepons(spin sword morpher mega blade)
    all figures (red blue green yellow pink mooger

also have you guys seen the samurai megazord's new box art ?

it shows the octo zord!!!