Power Rangers movie #3 - Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Storm Eagle, May 7, 2014.

1. I thought it wasn't impossible.

I thought it would never happen.

But now, the unthinkable event will occur.

A third Power Rangers movie is out on the horizon. So apparently, it's somewhat of a remake of the first movie. It even sounds like a 90-120 minute version of "Day of the Dumpster" almost. Okay, just see for yourself.

http://www.powerrangers.com/featurefilmannouncement.pdf

Credit goes to Tommy Lawson from Rangercrew.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. Mr G

Mr G Fighting evil makes me thirsty

I figured HJU would be blowin' up today over this. Oh well. Anyway, I'm sure I'll go watch it but I just can't get into PR these days. I dropped Mega Force and never even bothered to start Super Mega Force.

3. toni2212

toni2212 Member

4. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Probably a timing thing, Mr G. When more people get home they might.

Not sure why the OP gets a 'Day of the Dumpster' vibe from the press release. It depends on whether they really mean all original or if they're still based on adaptation. If it's the former, then yeah it could be a full-on reimagining of MMPR and that'd be great so long as they don't 'Michael Bay' the thing. I can't really see them developing their own team from scratch with original suits, zords etc. Cashing in on the same retro wave as Transformers and TNMT is just too tempting/easy. If it's the latter, then I'd expect something based on the Kyoryuger suits or heck maybe this could be how they get the Go-Busters stuff out the back door.

5. JFC

JFC ♥ 大好き ♥

This just in, we've already got a thread for this.

THREADS MERGED.

6. DriftKaiser

DriftKaiser DorifutoKaizā

Home Page:
    I'd prefer it if the suits are not based on Zyuranger and something original but evokes the same aspects like the colours and motifs. No word if Toei will involve in this project between Saban Brands and Liongate.

7. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

Best day of my life? With every minute that goes by it takes more and more of my will power to not bounce of the walls. Revamp it. Make it edgy. Make it grimdark. I don't care just make it. We need this.

8. Barashin

Barashin Lurker

That's crazy! I just hope the 3rd times the charm cause let's face it, the last 2 was pretty bad

9. SaikoDragon

SaikoDragon It's Judgement Time!

At first, I was really excited, I couldn't freaking contain the joy. Then I sobered, remembering that this is Saban (see: cheap). I also see the word "partnering". So... now I'm hesitant. Is this seriously going to be a megablockbuster' movie with Pacific rim special effects? Or is this some cheap ass direct to bluray movie? I guess my opinion of Saban is slightly tainted, I don't believe his company would ever produce a quarter billion dollar production. I'm worried we're getting a happy meal toy under the promise of a $60 megazord

10. Kamen Rider Armor Ninja

Kamen Rider Armor Ninja Member

Home Page:
    How is saban doing anyway? Feels like they need to make a quick buck fast. Cause no one realy asking for it...

11. Sevenlima

Sevenlima Member

It will take years to produce such movie.

12. Green Mario

Green Mario Somebody

The Power Ranger's version of Akibaranger. I hope to God that the suits are remade to look better though.

13. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

So will wait. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded because this is the movie Gotham deserves.

14. Sevenlima

Sevenlima Member

You say like this movie will delay a lot.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  15. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

That, and even if that wasn't the case. Why not have some sort of segway into the current PR. I'm glad that a seemingly theatrical film is actually happening and that it wasn't hot air being blown; at the same time this MM re-imagining alone, doesn't quite help their current products too much.

Not nearly a big deal (yet) because we have little to go on.

16. SaikoDragon

SaikoDragon It's Judgement Time!

I'm hopeful though. I really shouldnt be but I really want a bad ass Power Ranger movie ala Pacific Rim or Casshern or Spider-Man (Sam Raimi versions.)

I would love to see what creature companies can do with characters like Goldar or Lord Zedd if adapted for a general audience in today's movie market. And damn, just imagine what a Megazord battle could look like with the special affects of Pacific Rim.

I just seriously hope this isn't some direct-to-home dvd bullshit. Power Rangers deserves a Super-Mega-Movie!

17. Sevenlima

Sevenlima Member

The first one was great back in the day but second one was more and less.

18. chronoxiong

chronoxiong Digital Artist

This is awesome news. Although I wonder how the hell is it going to work.

19. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Lionsgate... That's an interesting partnership to say the least. Isn't that like saying a cheap production company has partnered with a company that has much higher production standards? How is this going to work out exactly?

Same here. I don't want too see Zyu inspired suits, I don't want to see Power Coins, no KibaRanger, no Ninjetti, no Zeonizers, no vehicles, no Japanese footage, and no designs based on anything from Japan. I want to see a 100% original creation for Power Rangers. If they can do that, then not only will I support this movie, I might even go see it in theaters!

20. Bigdog

Bigdog Member

We'll likely see that though, but in my opinion, I'd love to see one where the designs are a mix of the Bay Transformers as well as the original Megazord to give it a redesign that isn't bulky. Also, have them use their weapons to their full effect so it can aim for a PG-13 rating. Then, make the film slightly more grounded and give them all parents ,with the desperation eminent in the choice of children versus experienced soldiers.

The suit designs should be down in the vein of the MCU and the Amazing Spiderman suit: Keep what's good about them while making them more practical/alien looking with the same motifs.