Power Rangers MegaForce, Ep 01 - "Mega Mission"

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Painted_Outlaw, Feb 1, 2013.

1. musicfighter282

musicfighter282 Member

Does that mean that the other ship will be Troy/Robo Knight? :p

2. Beast King

Beast King The new breed.

"Mega Mission" was an ok episode to be quite honest.

When I first watched it the first impression I got from this show is that its clearly filled with fan service, Basically its nothing more than something for an old school-er to go nuts about, but besides that I think it has the potential to be a very good show provided they step things up more.

Also I must admit I really like the rangers this season but unfortunately just like Samurai they come off as being a bit fake in terms of character and acting, still lets hope that improves.

Not to mention there was also a lot of lazy editing in this episode especially in terms of how the Goseiger footage was merged with the US stuff, Such as the cards obviously reading "Gosei *insert colour here*" and the weapon cards, The Villains are typical US villains in my opinion in terms of voice acting and I don't think that's going to change any time soon

Anyway I think the episode gets 6/10 from me simply because its still the first episode, and I'm not going to judge anything based on one episode.

Spoiler

[HIDE]Why the heck are Burajira and GoseiKnight already in the opening? Some spoiler or what? But then again this could mean that Maybe the Goseiger side of things will be wrapping up quicker than I thought if its going to be split 20/20 again[/HIDE]

3. The Scream Man

The Scream Man Podcaster and Toy Commentator

So after watching it, my best friend Nik and I started riffing on the episode. Then we started recording it. an hour or so editing and....

Gosei and the Robot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4HU-Mqcfc0"]Gosei and the Robot, Episode 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gySVjsyPutQ"]Gosei and the Robot Episode 2 - YouTube[/ame]

4. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

A part of American toku anyway, that possibly rubbed off on the Japanese parent >>

5. If only, right?

6. Artic_Rival

Artic_Rival Lurker

7. PedroMcNamara

PedroMcNamara Member

I don't think you know how close friendships work. I did not get any sort of 'lesbo vibe' whatsoever from the two. They are best friends. Probably have been for years, hanging out day in and out for years. They have routines, such as going to Ernie's, so for Gia to remember Emma's drink is not out of the ordinary as she has seen her order it a million times. Females moreso than guys remember shit like that. I wouldn't expect a guy to remember another guy friend's fave drink, that's just not how we operate. Hell my best friend and I have known each other since first grade and I couldn't tell you his. But females, I can easily expect that from and not bat an eyelash at it.

That's as bad as people on boards saying Jake's crush on Gia is "obssessive" and "creepy". He likes the chick and is trying to get her attention and impress her. Nothing I have seen from him rings up as creepy. Hell I can remember being that guy in school with the huge crush and the unrequited feelings from the girl.

I think these characters are more real and spot on than a lot of other past seasons.

8. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

I told my sister about that during us watching the episode and she was this close to throwing a pillow at me. :laugh:

Same reason Time Shadow and V-Rex are in this OP:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBSvIHyPf8w"]Power Rangers Time Force - Opening Theme 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Touché

9. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

As other have said, on a rewatch Gia and Emma Do seem....close. But i think it's more along the lines of BFF's/Heterosexual Life Partners than same sex lovers. But hey, we haven't had any Gay rangers yet, so anything could happen.

And just because Jake likes Gia doesn't mean that she plays for the same team :p.

10. Matrix

Matrix Matrix of Leadership

Well I enjoyed the episode. I mean cheesy yes, but it is definitely a good start to the series. In American toku now a days, cheesy is just part of the game so it doesn't really effect my opinion

11. Arkvoodle

Arkvoodle Member

I do think they're stretching a bit for the MMPR homages, but at the same time I found myself at least chuckling a bit at most of the references so its kind of working.

12. gamergeekfather

gamergeekfather Member

Home Page:
    Begrudingly enjoying myself.

Well, it finally happened. I enjoyed myself watching Power Rangers. Despite the obvious mistakes with the cards, this was a good 1st episode. Nit the best but good. I gotta confess, the whole "teenagers with attitude" shtick I always found dumb as hell. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy MMPR as much as the next old guys still watching kid shows :p but the idea that the only way to fight off a super-powered evil force is to recruit kids and send them into life-threatening situations never sat well with me.

But that came and went, so no point in dwelling on it. I'm indifferent to the whole "pay homage" thing as well, but it is cool to see the ranger keys there and what it suggests for the future. Also, I like the character diversity here, and Troy's answer about "humans overcoming everything as long as we work together" may have been cheesy, but makes his character all the more likeable to me.

The opening theme may be another remake, but it's a good one, I like it better than Samurai's. The acting isn't top-knotch, but it's an improvement. Also, it looks like they're trying to set up deeper plot points for later on, which I am totally ok with. As long as there aren't too many filler eps, I think this'll be a good season.

13. Sentaifan'07 Xman

Sentaifan'07 Xman "Let's DRIVING!!!!!"

Finally saw episode 1, and you know what?! It was magnificent. The acting was a far more improvement than Samurai's acting. Not bad on the first episode.

14. Beast King

Beast King The new breed.

True, But it still doesn't really make sense to me.

15. Dubledz

Dubledz Awesome Member

i really liked the first episode...the acting is a huge improvement from samurai.

16. xSHiNOx

xSHiNOx Budou though

when i heard the theme song, the beginning part sounds so reminiscent of theme songs after In Space..until it went into samurai style theme...

17. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Soo..Episode preivews. Are they done with those now?

18. NateRiver

NateRiver Welcome

19. Savior Den-o

Savior Den-o The Meteor has landed

20. The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil Member

I have watched Mega Mission about four times, now. I haven't had the desire to re-watch an episode of Power Rangers since Jungle Fury.

I've missed this feeling.