Official Revoltech Thread V2

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by GekiDan, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Shynilyte

Shynilyte Shyni

Home Page:
    That Gurren Lagann set is almost like a non-sequitur. Three giant robots... plus a girl in shorts and a bikini top.

2. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

The logic behind is that those are ones that are hard to find figures, except for Gurrren Lagann with wings.... They basically bundled them together for those that have missed the previous releases.

3. Shynilyte

Shynilyte Shyni

Home Page:
    I guess you're right. Looking around on eBay, Lazengann, Yoko and TTGL do seem to go for higher than the Super Galaxy GL. But still, visual non-sequitur.

4. dchoc

5. MadDemon64

MadDemon64 Member

Might as well say it since everyone else is thinking it:
    HOW THEY FLYING F-WORD DO YOU MAKE A THUNDERBIRDS PLANE AND CALL IT A REVOLTECH FIGURE?!

Other than that, looking forward to the Revoltech Jinouga/Zinogre.

6. dchoc

That type of thinking means that you haven't followed the Revo line that long.

7. MadDemon64

MadDemon64 Member

Admittedly I only started after finding Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and the second one I got was the Arc-Gurren Lagann. I almost bought the Skeleton, Alien (special see-through version), and the Silver Rathalos, but sudden lacks of funds prevented me from doing so.

8. dchoc

See.... Well, Revotech has also ventured in the some of the movie lines for Marvel, Disney-Pixar, etc... Which is why they also got into Thunderbirds.

9. Baltan II

Baltan II Space Ninja

Home Page:
    That's not why he's expressing incredulity at the idea. It's not the license, it's that it's a vehicle with almost no place for Revoltech joints to be used. What you should be citing are the previous bizarre vehicles in the line, like the Gotengo, the Tumbler, or the Maser Cannon.

It may seem weird, MadDemon, but it works.

10. MadDemon64

MadDemon64 Member

I still don't get it, but then again, I never planed on getting that particular Revoltech anyway. My eyes are now set on the Rathalos and Zinogre/Jinouga (which is the proper spelling?)

11. dchoc

Pretty much. I was referring to Lightning Mcqueen from Disney/Pixar Cars. Revoltech just has quite a number of unconventional offerings compared to Figma and S.H.Figuarts. Revoltech just doesn't deal with humanoid/robot figures.

12. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

13. dchoc

14. dchoc

[​IMG] [HIDE][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [/HIDE]

15. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

Kaiyodo(makers of revoltech figures)......

16. dchoc

Yes, it's still NOT Revoltech.. :thumbs:

That would have been better off in the Marvel/DC toy thread.

17. amazing_syd

amazing_syd Member

Hacchaka has a nice review up of Snake that shows a torso swap with Kinnikuman! Has that real commando feel to it :D

[HIDE][​IMG][/HIDE]

Revoltech MGS Review

18. Glamador

Glamador Member

That honestly looks a hell of a lot better. Fix the horrifyingly skinny ankles and I'd be on board.

19. wavehawk

wavehawk All Decade's Fault

Home Page:
    On the fence on Snake (financial reasons), but if it's a good size fit with my figure collection, he's bought.

I still regret not buying the old McFarlane MGS1 figures way back when, but unfortunately there aren't many good 1:12 scale figures of Stealth Game protagonists out there. Revoltech Snake isn't the best Snake out there, but it's poseable and actually looks decent more or less.

If anyone has any pics comparing Revoltech Snake with figmas or marvel figures, please post? I haven't been keeping up with human-type Revoltechs so I don't know the roguth sizes they would be. Thanks.

20. Kazuma

Kazuma あたりまえ

[​IMG]

hope i can get my hands on MK1!