New Gridman animated short!

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Toku Prime, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[​IMG]

22 years ago...
    A boy, Takeshi Todo, who attempted to take over
    the world with the devil of the computer world together.
    He reformed himself after the battle and now needs the power of the hyper agent.
    Again, the evil is going to appear in the real world.
    A materialized monster is now approaching!
    Enter the battle code!
    The access code is..."GRIDMAN"

Studio Trigger (the company that made Kill la Kill) is releasing an animated short THIS COMING FRIDAY (January 16th) called "Denkou Choujin Gridman: boys invent great hero" (Lightning Superman Gridman: boys invent great hero), based on the 1993 Tsubaraya tokusatsu show.

It is being released as a part of 'Japan Animator Expo' - a project to release one anime short per week for 30 weeks. The episode will (as with all the shorts created for this project) be available for free on the web or via a dedicated iOS/Android app.

Source: Anime News Network

2. Bigdog

Bigdog Member

3. 145zzz

145zzz Lurker

Home Page:
    That was amazing.
    Makes me wonder how they did this in live action :laugh:

4. Bigdog

Bigdog Member

^I would be interesting to see if it was expanded and someone localized it here as a sequel to the Superhuman Samurai Squad, if not as Gridman directly.

5. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

That was pretty cool. I love that they felt the need to subtitle two words :laugh: I like that they were happy for it to look like an older super robot anime rather than trying to do it all in CG or something.

6. Kai Yamato

Kai Yamato Now, count up your crimes!

Home Page:
    I hope they get into that old Gridman Sigma they had planned ages ago.

7. stardrago

stardrago New Member

If they do plan a sequel, this time having Gridman Sigma making an appearance, I wonder if that means they will set it like in the short for 22 years after the original; it would make the differences in time for the computer world, also I wonder if Sigma will gain a new version of the Combine Dragon Emperor King Gridman.

8. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

The animator expo website is taking down the first season of shorts, including the Gridman episode, on Monday Nov. 23rd. So if you've been meaning to see this but haven't yet then you need to get to it this weekend.

9. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Studio Trigger have anounced that they will be producing a full TV anime series based upon Gridman. It will be called 'SSSS Gridman', and yes those letters are initials for 'Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad'. However they did note that the anime will have an original story that does not directly follow the plot of the original series or the Western adaptation.