NBA 2014-2015 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by orphen20, Jun 24, 2014.

1. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

While waiting for the NBA Draft, there are some tidbit news. After Carmelo Anthony becomes free agent, Lebron got terminated from Miami Heat.

2. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

Okay, had to look it up since it made no sense. I think Lebron won't leave Miami but this was probably a troll move.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

There are reports/rumors regarding Josh Smith joining Sacramento Kings. As for Lebron, I've seen people on Twitter persuading him to join Pelicans/Hornets.

4. chronoxiong

chronoxiong Digital Artist

Just read about the rumor about the Kings potentially trading for Josh Smith. I don't like it. Lol...He obviously can't co-exist with guys who needs the ball. The Kings already have two of those players in Cousins and Gay. Isaiah Thomas will need it too since he's the PG but he's now a restricted free agent. The Kings new Owner has money and wants to make a splash but I'm not in favor of this.

The sequel to The Decision comes out four years later in a few weeks. I bet ESPN has a huge boner for it. I don't care what Lebron does. He just better not make us waste one hour of our lives again to make the decision. I strongly believe he will stay in Miami though. About Melo, I think he might go to the Bulls. I just laugh at the fact that the Knicks traded so many assets to get Melo back then only to realize that they have nothing left now. Well, they finally have a 1st round pick next year but Melo's decision is the one that I am curious in seeing how it turns out.

5. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

I'll laugh if King James "goes home.":laugh:

6. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

Speaking of home, looks like Tyson Chandler's heading back to Dallas alongside Raymond Felton for Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington, José Calderón, Samuel Dalembert and two 2nd round picks.

7. chronoxiong

chronoxiong Digital Artist

Just last week, the New York Knicks were going to be bystanders in tonight's NBA Draft. But all that changed when Phil Jackson made the huge trade with the Mavericks to acquire a few players and their 2nd round picks. With that, they were able to get some intriguing players in Cleanthony Early (what a weird name) and Thanasis Antetokounmpo (I had to google that name). Knicks fans have something to be excited now and they have the Zen Master to thank.

The Kings drafted SG Nik Stauskas. Ugh, we just drafted a SG last year in Ben McClemore. I have no idea what to make of this. Heard he's good though but thats what people said about McClemore. The Kings need a legit PF. I'm tired of Jason Thompson now. Lol at the fans cheering for Adam Silver compared to last year's booing of David Stern though.

8. Milky Rose

Milky Rose is Mayor of Farmville

And the Clippers ALSO draft an SG...we got a logjam of guards and not enough big men.

Hope we can use this new guy as a trading chip for a legit big man tho....that, or Reggie Bullock (though I'd rather we hang on to Reggie Bullock as a replacement for Jamal Crawford in case Jamal does decide to retire...yet he's playing like he's in his prime XD )

9. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

We all know Kyle Lowry's a free agent but we haven't confirmed if he really is moving to Miami. Speaking of Miami, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh and Udonis Haslem opted out to become free agents, according to some sources.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  10. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

Milwaukee Bucks hires Jason Kidd as new head coach.

11. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

Remember Dan Gilbert's letter regarding Lebron's departure from Cavs last 2010? It disappears from the site.

12. MMPR

MMPR Read my smart post

Miami had a very successful run (2 championships) but Dwayne Wade is clearly not the player he once was and Bosh seems to have lost the star power he had in his Toronto days. LeBron would be smart to leave, join another team and try to get another ring, Cleveland has got some fantastic talent (Kyrie is a superstar, IMO) and young prospects

As for Carmelo, I think he becomes a Laker, he's going to get the money and the chance to play with Kobe. They won't win a title next season even with Melo because they lack the "glue" guys and tertiary scorers but it would help prolong Laker success for the next couple years

13. Milky Rose

LeBron will dethrone Dwight Howard as public enemy #1 if he goes back to the Cavs. People there won't forget the "betrayal", let alone forgive.

And Melo possibly going to the Lakers...I think that will pretty much mean that he'll never win a ring. All he'll have is the opportunity to rub elbows with more famous people, and more money. Lakers don't have a coach, let alone much of a roster that can contend for a championship. Even LeBron and Bosh have 2 more than Melo. I think Melo should instead consider joining the Chicago Bulls. It's a glamour city (he can expand his brand there), and he can play alongside a talented roster, as well as a renowned coach in Tom Thibodeau.

14. MMPR

MMPR Read my smart post

The only way Chicago wins a title is if Rose is 100% and at this point he doesn't seem able to avoid injuries, it's a shame because he's a fantastic player. If Melo really wants a title I think Houston is the place to go

15. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

I think Melo is a case of overhype from the start. I don't understand how a player who can't defend and who can't pass is considered a superstar.

16. Milky Rose

^ Elite scoring ability. In terms of playing defense and other things...Melo is really like JR Smith. Only difference is that Melo is a better isolation scorer. He has a better jump shot than even LeBron or Wade.

Of course, a true superstar plays great on both ends of the floor -- The latter two have that over Melo.

17. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

But that really only means much in the regular season. Heck, teams like SA can get away with sitting 2 or 3 of their starting players in the regular season and win games convincingly.

Then, on the opposite side of the spectrum you have Dwight Howard who can't shoot FTs or play a decent post-game.

I think the fanbase has been conditioned to the idea of a superstar that is entirely wrong.

18. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

Three-way dance with Cavs, Celtics and Brooklyn Nets.

19. MMPR

MMPR Read my smart post

Houston is offering Chris Bosh a max contract? I don't care what anyone says, Bosh is not worth that kind of money

20. Milky Rose

LeBron Back to the Cavs?

Oof....guess the Heatles fizzled out...