[Cartoon] My Little Pony Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Dark Heart, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Allio

Allio DAIMON PAWNCH

Fluttershy and Sweetie Belle for me... their my kind of "moe"

2. arnoldmcguire335

arnoldmcguire335 Continuing the Creddie legacy

Home Page:
    Speaking of Sweetie Belle:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXlAp9xT5io"]My Little Sweetie Belle: Squeaks Are Magic (Season 1-2) - YouTube[/ame]

To adapt a meme (as seen on TV Tropes):
    "Thank Celestia for Claire Corlett" (SB's VA).

3. Allio

Allio DAIMON PAWNCH

4. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

I participated in the KickStarter so I got my download code already. It's a pretty fun documentary :D

5. arnoldmcguire335

arnoldmcguire335 Continuing the Creddie legacy

Home Page:
    By the way, any thoughts about season 3?

6. Lion

Lion Member

[HIDE]Twilight will have a Final Form, i hope she appears in Super Hero Taisen Z[/HIDE]

7. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

:sly:

8. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Season 3 had a great start, but many of the following episodes just felt like they were fishing for ideas. I could have sworn I've seen similar stories in fanfics. The charm I use to feel with this show just wasn't there. They were doing their best when they were taking cliche characters and stories and putting new twists on them.

9. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

I'm not surprised, the franchise has been pretty fanon-centric for a while now, the Derpy fiasco was a big enough indicator.

10. Terthna

Terthna Lurker

He's not kidding...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-REbPVCpHc...rQ/YtlFaXu3ZsU/s1600/MLP-PRINCESS_510x317.jpg

As to the quality of season 3, I've heard that the writing team for this season is mostly new blood, with many of the really good writers from previous seasons being shunted off to work on other Hub shows in the hopes that a little of that MLP magic will rub off. This is probably why the writing feels a little amateurish.

Edit: Okay I wanted to put that image behind that hidden content thing, but I have no idea how to do that apparently. Little help?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  11. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Season 3 is almost over. It's been a really short season, I must say. It almost feels like Hasbro is getting ready to retire FiM, but I've been hearing rumors of a Season 4. Any confirmation on that as of lately?

There is the HIDE tags, and the SPOILER tags. When in doubt, find someone else who is doing it, hit the quote button, and look at the tags.

12. Allio

Allio DAIMON PAWNCH

yeah season 4 is all ready confirmed by the animation company, they had already been paid for it... also there is that hour special that hasn't really been mentioned from a couple of months ago

as for Twilight's Final form

OUR FRIENDSHIP WILL TAKE ON THE UNIVERSE

13. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

Twilight Cosmic State XD

Season 3 is short because the plan was a total of 65 episodes (the magic syndication number, and the 'easy to sell as 13 episode slices' on the international market number), but the success was beyond Hasbro's expectation, and nobody got fired so season 4 is a go.

Season 3 was very uneven. I still don't like Merriweather Williams episodes.

14. xSHiNOx

xSHiNOx Budou though

[​IMG]

can you guys tell me what the last comment meant? i don't know if i should be offended or not as a brony

15. Hentailover

Hentailover Lurker

Be offended just for the heck of it. As somebody I won't name pointed out, everything is offensive. So, who needs an actual reason.

16. Terthna

Terthna Lurker

The target audience vs. actual audience thing? It's insinuating that the majority of MLP fans are adults, specifically the "neckbeard" kind of adults. "Neckbeards" in this context being fat, lazy nerds who live in their parent's basement, have no regards for hygiene, are misogynistic, and are disturbingly immature.

It's a common term used to insult men who are into anything even remotely feminine like MLP, Touhou, or Pretty Cure. It's also used to describe those who are into non-masculine activities like collectible card games, comic books, and video games that don't have space marines in them.