Most Quoted Movie?

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Bad Wolf, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Skreeong!

Some one said it was The Godfather, I think it may be Star Wars.

What are your thoughts?

On a side note what are some of your favorite quotes?

2. Mr G

Mr G Fighting evil makes me thirsty

I don't know about the most quoted movie, but I love the quotes from old action movies. Commando is like quote-a-rama.

Matrix (Arnold): "Don't disturb my friend. He's dead-tired."

Matrix: "I eat green berets for breakfast. And right now I'm very hungry."

Cindy: "What happened to Sully?"
    Matrix: "I let him go." (If you've seen the movie you know why this is hilarious :laugh:)

Diaz: "Mellow out man. We can't talk business with you waving guns in people's faces. Your daughter is safe, Colonel. Now whether she stays that way is up to you. My people, they got some business with you. And if you want your kid back, then you gotta co-operate, right?"
    Matrix: "Wrong!" (One of the best lines in the entire movie.)

And, finally:

Matrix: "Let off some steam, Bennett."

God, I love 80s action flicks. I think I've convinced myself to watch Commando tonight.

3. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

I would say "Casablanca".

4. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

I can honestly see both Star Wars & Godfather- both were huge influences on pop culture. Casablaca, though, isn't quoted as much as emmulated that I've seen. I wouldn't know about the Matrix, though. I know they were highly popular, but I've never had much of an erge to see them, same with Blade & Riddick, they just repel me for some reason.

As for me, I just quote things from movies I've seen recently that stick with me for a while, so it changes constantly. Although, I guess you could add Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, Twilight, Terminator, Titanic & Indiana Jones to this list. Basically anything with great one liners that got really popular... sorry for adding Twilight, trust me, I don't quote it but I'm sure some very sad people somewhere do. :redface2:

5. StaticShin27

StaticShin27 Brave Sound~

I'm that nerd who tells people that vader doesn't necessarily say "luke, I'm your father" :laugh:

6. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

Scar Face: SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

:shakefist:shakefist:shakefist

7. NateRiver

NateRiver Welcome

Don't forget the "I lied." *Throws guy down cliff*

8. Bolt

Bolt boogie woogie feng shui

I definitely don't think it's The Godfather. That title is usually thrown around in discourses on the greatest film ever made, but it's rare to actually hear it quoted directly, especially with any accuracy. Of Brando fare, I would venture to say that On The Waterfront is actually more frequently quoted.

Star Wars has got to be up there, for some reason. Those movies have some of thost asinine scripts in cinema, but nobody will ever forget where they were the day that George Lucas finally beat us over the head with the fact that Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Beyond that, I can't say for sure. Most movies that are widely influential throughout film history only have one or two standout lines for which they're recognized, like Rocky or Jerry McGuire. If I were charged to think of the film most quoted from multiple lines throughout, I might have to say Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

9. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

Can't imagine how many times the Black Knight scene was parodied throughout the years.:laugh:

10. Tom Constantine

Tom Constantine Chief HJU News Editor

Home Page:
    Most quoted in the past few years? Anchorman.

11. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

I don't think I've ever heard anyone quote Anchorman...

Movie's from the 2000s that everyone seems to quote though is Pirates of the Caribbean, The Ring, Saw, maybe Transformers (though I'm not sure) & The Dark Knight among others that I cannot think of right now.

12. sgtkira

sgtkira Super Kamen Sentai Rider

With the younger generation, I've noticed Elf, Mean Girls, and Star Wars (which aren't bad movies. I swear.) The Room is also getting up there, but I think it's within specific circles.

13. Bolt

Who the hell quotes Pirates of the Caribbean?

Better question: what the hell was memorable enough to quote in Pirates of the Caribbean?

14. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

I think Gone With the Wind is a decent candidate, despite it really only being two lines. Though maybe not in recent years so much.

15. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NPKCANhpQ"]Pirates Of The Caribbean 1 "Why's The Rum Gone Scene" - YouTube[/ame]

16. Bolt

I have never heard anyone drop a "why is the rum gone." I would think that would have to be incredibly contextual.

17. StriderXXX

StriderXXX Banned

the movie Knocked Up and Superbad...nuff said...

click at your own choice....:laugh:
    [HIDE][​IMG][/HIDE]

18. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

"I'll be back" and "Hasta La Vista baby" comes to mind here

19. big_j_ny

big_j_ny Just an Internet User Passing Thru

Home Page:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4"]Original[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11_2SswJs4c"]Futurama version[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdMaZlWkK8o"]Big Bang Theory version[/ame]

20. Tom Constantine

Tom Constantine Chief HJU News Editor

Home Page:
    I take it you've never seen it then?

If we're going by most quoted film/s ever, it probably would be the Star Wars trilogy.